Over door shoe organizer

Shoot....I could fill every pouch of those smaller organizers with just my face products. Which, now that I th8nk about it...excellent idea!

Just wanted to check here...
Do you use hair bands, perfume, hairspray, bows, hair bands, hair clips that match your outfit. Or change your day makeup to night makeup? Bring a second foundation when your skin appears darker from the sun? Do you bring fingernail polish that coordinates with your formal outfit for pictures? Or just polish that is used to repair daily chips from the day? Lip balm for sun protection to go with the sunscreen? Drops for dry eyes or extra contacts with an extra case if something happens or just backup glasses because well getting perscription lenses in Jamaica shouldn’t be a problem right? I’m guessing for your long thick hair that cascades past your shoulders you probably have one hairbrush with thick bristles when you get out of the shower and one with finer bristles for that smooth coiffed look and comb to parted and separate it for when you use your curling iron or straightening iron.

Just kidding with you guys. :rotfl2::rotfl2:
But on a more serious note can you tell me where I can get one of those huge toiletry bags you use? I really could use something more sturdy to carry the family’s weekly groceries home.
Just wanted to check here...
Do you use hair bands, perfume, hairspray, bows, hair bands, hair clips that match your outfit. Or change your day makeup to night makeup? Bring a second foundation when your skin appears darker from the sun? Do you bring fingernail polish that coordinates with your formal outfit for pictures? Or just polish that is used to repair daily chips from the day? Lip balm for sun protection to go with the sunscreen? Drops for dry eyes or extra contacts with an extra case if something happens or just backup glasses because well getting perscription lenses in Jamaica shouldn’t be a problem right? I’m guessing for your long thick hair that cascades past your shoulders you probably have one hairbrush with thick bristles when you get out of the shower and one with finer bristles for that smooth coiffed look and comb to parted and separate it for when you use your curling iron or straightening iron.

Just kidding with you guys. :rotfl2::rotfl2:
But on a more serious note can you tell me where I can get one of those huge toiletry bags you use? I really could use something more sturdy to carry the family’s weekly groceries home.

I agree lol I have a toiletry bag just for morning/night face washing that also holds my clarisonic. A toiletry bag for morning facial routine and one for nightly routine. We have 2 daughter's, I could go on....We're a party of 4 that always checks 6 suitcases and has 2 carryons.

We got ours at the dollar store years ago. I've used it for multiple trips over the years (definitely got my $1 worth!). It actually has a hanger hook on it. I just attach to the bathroom. Its honestly been such a space saver.

IMHO, not necessary. Plenty of room in the bathroom for those type of items.

Not for us -- too many loose barettes, hair ties, combs, and little things that were everywhere. And a lot of times, depending on the rocking of the ship, items end up on the floor. The shoe organizer is a win-win for us.

We took zip ties and attached it to a plastic hanger. You can then hang it in closet or on the robe hook. It works great and didn't take up hardly extra space in our luggage.

we did the same but late on the last night, i realized i didn't have anything to cut the zip ties! luckily our stateroom attendant was still roaming around so he let us borrow a scissor. next time I will keep this in mind and bring something sharp!

we did the same but late on the last night, i realized i didn't have anything to cut the zip ties! luckily our stateroom attendant was still roaming around so he let us borrow a scissor. next time I will keep this in mind and bring something sharp!
Keep in mind TSA if that applies.

FWIW, I tied ribbon loops into each grommet of the organizer and hung on room hooks that way. No damage possible to walls, no scissors required. And I DEFINITELY second those who say they need these - we pack really light, but find an organizer useful to hold a few pairs of earrings and a necklace or two, a handful of cosmetic items, our sunglasses, sunscreen, trivia contest trinkets, small DVC giveaways, etc. Avoids clutter and makes packing easier - if I'm lazy or running late packing on the last night, I just roll up the organizer and throw it into the suitcase to deal with once I get home. :tongue:

Pipe cleaners are your friend. I use those to hang things like shoe organizers/pocket organizers from the room hooks. They won't damage the fixtures and are easy to remove when the trip is done.

I brought one of these in my cruise and never needed it. We had plenty of storage for my party of 3. We are a family of 5 but 2 other kids and MIL had their own room. Even If all y of us were together I would not have needed the organizer.

While there are typically only two of us when cruising, and we don't really need one, I can see the sense of it. When I went to camp as a kid, one of the things we had was a hanging organizer to keep all our stuff together. With kids (or more than 2 people in a room) I think they can be useful.

I just use cosmetic bags ... I have one bag for all my meds / first aid stuff, another for dental stuff, another for my cosmetics & face lotions... etc. I travel enough for work that they're really convenient. Plus it puts a good use to all those free cosmetic bags that I get from those department store "bonus" buys (like when Clinique or Lancome gives out freebies in a cute little bag). Ziplocs work too.

Any suggestions on how to hang a shoe organizer in the stateroom? I know there are rules about what you can and can’t do, but I’m not sure what those rules are.
I used super duper strong magnets - we also used magnets to put our top on the bathroom door in case we were not fully awake when the food came.

Not sure if this was suggested yet, but what I do is use two full sized, clear pocket over-the-door shoe hangers --- trick is to attach them with yarn long enough so one hangs on each side of the door. :teacher:

The one facing out to the room has sunglasses, sunscreen, cameras, chargers --- that kind of random stuff, while the side that faces into the bathroom holds the toiletries and items more likely used there.

This gives us double the storage space without causing any damage. ::yes::

We just put our stuff away after using it, spending a few minutes every day to do an extra tidy up if we've wrecked the room or bathroom while getting ready for the day or some evening event. If I was able to fit it in a suitcase then I should be able to put it away when I'm done with it. It only takes a few extra seconds of my time to do so.

I just use a hanging travel organizer and and a small bag for meds...DH has his ditty bag. Everything else gets put away everyday so no clutter.

We just put our stuff away after using it, spending a few minutes every day to do an extra tidy up if we've wrecked the room or bathroom while getting ready for the day or some evening event. If I was able to fit it in a suitcase then I should be able to put it away when I'm done with it. It only takes a few extra seconds of my time to do so.
I wish I had your skills.

It is more than a few extra seconds for me. I have to wrap the curling iron up and put it in a bag so it doesn’t snag my clothes, stack my makeup from largest to smallest back into the reduced size bag so I can fit the bottle of makeup remover over the smallest items, wet and dry hairbrushes must be bagged also(snags), hair bands remain in bag so they don’t fall on floor, sterling silver Mexican hair barrettes go in a separate bag(snags), toothbrush and toothpaste have a separate bag so it doesn’t explode in flight and ruin clothes, lady things on bottom shelf, deodorant, perfume in sealed bag to not damage clothes, earrings and necklaces separately bagged, bandages/first aid packaged, sunscreen bagged for leaks,....

I’m not pretty at all so I need all the help I can get, plus I’m mid-50’s so that’s not helping either. So slipping a few items in a slot is a time saver and efficient for me. Rather than trying to pull my suitcase out from underneath the unmade bed and then push it back under a half hour later.

Blessed are those who run a comb through their hair after brushing their teeth and walk out the door.

TSA is always rifling through my luggage because of my curling iron. I have a huge stack of inspection sheets I’ve collected. When they move things they don’t care how it goes back and have snagged clothes with my wet brush. I’ve had several things broken by the luggage handlers, once a lady came to tell me my luggage was leaking as I was walking away(perfume). A tube of toothpaste exploded once also. I learned as I go. Maybe it’s just people who fly who find it necessary to go through all these extra steps. I never have my organizers when I travel otherwise, just the cruise. But then most places I stay have more space then cafeteria tray for my family to put my things out on.

I wish I had your skills.

It is more than a few extra seconds for me. I have to wrap the curling iron up and put it in a bag so it doesn’t snag my clothes, stack my makeup from largest to smallest back into the reduced size bag so I can fit the bottle of makeup remover over the smallest items, wet and dry hairbrushes must be bagged also(snags), hair bands remain in bag so they don’t fall on floor, sterling silver Mexican hair barrettes go in a separate bag(snags), toothbrush and toothpaste have a separate bag so it doesn’t explode in flight and ruin clothes, lady things on bottom shelf, deodorant, perfume in sealed bag to not damage clothes, earrings and necklaces separately bagged, bandages/first aid packaged, sunscreen bagged for leaks,....

I’m not pretty at all so I need all the help I can get, plus I’m mid-50’s so that’s not helping either. So slipping a few items in a slot is a time saver and efficient for me. Rather than trying to pull my suitcase out from underneath the unmade bed and then push it back under a half hour later.

Blessed are those who run a comb through their hair after brushing their teeth and walk out the door.

TSA is always rifling through my luggage because of my curling iron. I have a huge stack of inspection sheets I’ve collected. When they move things they don’t care how it goes back and have snagged clothes with my wet brush. I’ve had several things broken by the luggage handlers, once a lady came to tell me my luggage was leaking as I was walking away(perfume). A tube of toothpaste exploded once also. I learned as I go. Maybe it’s just people who fly who find it necessary to go through all these extra steps. I never have my organizers when I travel otherwise, just the cruise. But then most places I stay have more space then cafeteria tray for my family to put my things out on.
I bag every liquid individually, too. I also put a tissue around the top to stop any leaks. There hasn't been any recently, but I've had a few and that was a few too many. Live and learn, like you. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter