Overflow parking

Ds4angels

DIS Veteran
Can you drive to the main bus hub and park there for the day? We love to rope drop (like beginning of the line) and I'm thinking in August it's going to be necessary. So we're torn as to whether to rent a golfcart or take an extra day in the parks. (about the same amount). We're preferred so walking to the dock shouldn't be a problem, but worried about waiting on the campground bus to get us to the main bus area, to get us to the parks. So wondering if we can park at overflow since we'll be early in the morning, I'm thinking it won't be too packed?
Don't mind taking the bus to the pool and the store.

Yes, you can drive to the overflow and leave your vehicle there.

There are several oak trees close the edge of the overflow near the bus stop. Being in August, you might even get to park in the shade.

Can you drive to the main bus hub and park there for the day? We love to rope drop (like beginning of the line) and I'm thinking in August it's going to be necessary. So we're torn as to whether to rent a golfcart or take an extra day in the parks. (about the same amount). We're preferred so walking to the dock shouldn't be a problem, but worried about waiting on the campground bus to get us to the main bus area, to get us to the parks. So wondering if we can park at overflow since we'll be early in the morning, I'm thinking it won't be too packed?

If your main concern (as you mentioned) is waiting on an internal bus at the Settlement, you don't need to worry. When you are in the Preferred campsites and walk, you can take any bus - yellow, orange, purple - to the Outpost. We have never had to wait more than a couple of minutes for one - usually no wait at all.

If your main concern (as you mentioned) is waiting on an internal bus at the Settlement, you don't need to worry. When you are in the Preferred campsites and walk, you can take any bus - yellow, orange, purple - to the Outpost. We have never had to wait more than a couple of minutes for one - usually no wait at all.
When do the internal buses start running in the AM?

I would be more worried about the wait at bus stop for park bus than internal bus getting you there as there are people using internal buses to get to Trails End for breakfast and there is no car parking there. granted TE is at other end of campground but buses would need to be going to get people there

Buses to parks should start about 6:30 am. I have not done this from FW, but from a few other resorts.

I cannot remember exactly the start time for the internal buses, but I know I have seen them early when out exploring. I want to say before 7 am.

When we where there in January this year, we checked in at 6 and asked the CM when the internal buses started running and I was told 6:30, as we where walking over to the Outpost bus stop the buses started rolling in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!