"Owner's Locker is now a proud partner with Disney Vacation Club"

Anjelica

DIS Veteran
Mods please move if this isn't in the correct sub-category.

I just received an email from Owners Locker - below was the content (sorry if its long):

"To our Members,

I am very pleased to announce that we have signed a strategic agreement with Disney Vacation Club where they will market Owner’s Locker to DVC Members. Now every DVC Member is going to learn what you already know—that Owner’s Locker can take “welcome home” to a new level.

I’m obviously excited, but first I want to pause and say “thanks.” We wouldn’t be where we are without you, our Members. We didn’t convince DVC to team up with Owner’s Locker…you did. You liked what you saw and spread the word.

So yes, we’re proud…but more importantly we’re grateful to you for making this dream come true.

Now, here’s the scoop:

-DVC’s marketing efforts began on May 6 by listing Owner’s Locker as a new “perk” on www.dvcmember.com. We will also show up soon in the Portable Perks brochure. This means we’ll be included in every check-in package at every DVC resort in Orlando—which is great. Since there needs to be a special offer to be included in Portable Perks, our “perk” is a 20% discount on the one-time Membership Fee, making it $60 instead of $75. There is no discount on the annual fee. And since you have already paid your Membership Fee, the perk will only be for new Owner’s Locker Members who sign up using a special link on the DVC member site.

-An article on Owner’s Locker will appear in the August Disney Files quarterly magazine mailed to all DVC Members and we are working with an enthusiastic marketing team at DVC to spread the word about Owner’s Locker in other ways such as using their Facebook page and participating in Welcome Home Wednesdays.

-Our arrangement with DVC does not mean there are major changes coming to Owner’s Locker…you’ll just see more Lockers at your resort and the purple van may be zooming around a bit faster. We’re still Owner’s Locker you’ve come to know and our prices are staying the same. Disney hasn’t bought any part of us…we just have a strategic relationship… a marketing agreement where we pay a fee for DVC to market us to their Members. I’m still here and I’m not going anywhere. I’ll still be driving the purple van and drinking wine on Tuesday evenings at EPCOT.

But as we grow, now’s a good time to work on fine tuning a few items that we’ve been kicking around:

-Arrival/departure times. When you schedule a Visit, we will soon begin asking you to tell us your estimated arrival time and departure time. As we have grown, we’ve learned that it just doesn’t make sense for there to be a delivery run in the morning and a pickup run in the afternoon. The purple van will be on the road most of the day and night, sometimes stopping at the same resort several times during the day.

Unless you tell us otherwise, we will still have your Locker waiting for you at 11:00 am but if you will be arriving earlier or later, let us know and we’ll make sure you have your stuff when you need it.

Until there’s a place for you to indicate your arrival and departure times on the site, letting us know in the special notes section would be really helpful.

-Member referral. With our marketing agreement with DVC, we think it makes sense to pause the Member Referral program. We can always dust it off later but for now we’re going to give it a rest. If someone you already have in the pipeline joins Owner’s Locker, contact me and we’ll be fair.

-Facebook. On the Owner’s Locker home page, there is a new Facebook “like” button in the upper right hand corner. When you finish reading this e-mail, it would be great if you could go to www.ownerslocker.com and click on it. It will show up in your news feed that you “like” Owner’s Locker and all of your friends will see it.

We are also starting to transition away from our existing “personal” Facebook page to a more flexible, more private “business” page where there can be discussion and other features. You can get to this new page in the Community section of the Owner’s Locker home page.

I like the current Facebook page where many of you are friends and it will remain active and perhaps become a bit more personal. I’ve got to tell you that I really struggle with what is too much and not enough of Facebook. For now, we’ll stick with the weather and list of delivery resorts, Locker names and EPCOT Wine Evening photos. I’ll be posting this content on both the personal and business pages I’ve also set up a group page just for Owner’s Locker Members but I’ve got to tell you I have no idea what to do with it. Comments and guidance are most welcome!

And now, I’m going to go have a glass of champagne and toast you, our Members, that have made this possible.

john"

Thoughts?

You're a few days or more behind. There are other thread(s) on this from last week.

:thumbsup2 We left WDW on Sunday and said a "goodbye" to "Duffy" our locker. DH has been hinting around that he needs his own Locker so I feel there will be an addition in the family soon. My DH has been a supportive skeptic but now realizes how valuable our locker is to us and our Disney vacations. It was amazing how fast I packed--without having to worry about every little item. I knew it would be there waiting. I am not a member of Facebook and probably will never join but I am here wishing you all the luck with your new venture. I am so glad your business is growing and successful. I smile whenever I see the Purple Van....Kudos to you for all your good work---and I will be seeing you in Portable Perks !!!:laughing:

:) See I thought this was from John....oh well a trip to Disney will do that to you....I missed my DIS while on vacation and am just catching up.

You're a few days or more behind. There are other thread(s) on this from last week.

I remember seeing the "discount as a member perk" thread but I guess I missed another (or more threads). I did due diligence and searched on owners, owner's and lockers but nothing recent came up.

Congratulations to John and the gang. The whole "Owners Locker concept" was a brilliant idea and John does an excellent job everytime. I enjoy spending time with him at the Wine Meets in EPCOT. I need to arrive earlier than 8:55pm during my next visit! :lmao:

I'm catching up too, but

CONGRATULATIONS TO OL!!!

Really enjoyed the "from the truck" report that was posted here a couple of years ago (by Doc?) and hearing what all you guys do. We always drive to WDW and so far haven't needed an OL, but maybe one day....

In the meantime, will look forward to seeing you in the Quarterly Magazine!:thumbsup2

:rotfl2: The power of marketing... I just went online to my account and ordered a second locker to be delivered on our upcoming trip. I'd been on the fence for a while about it, but never actually went online and did it. Just read the Disney Blog post on Facebook and this post here, and the next thing I know I'm online ordering a locker.

OMG, I was just going to jokingly ask if anyone had some swampland in Florida they want to sell... then I realized I bought SSR points for the THV. Ummm....

First I'd heard of this and I'm so pleased for John:thumbsup2 The concept was great from the get-go, and the customer service from OL is outstanding.
In fact, maybe some of the Owners Locker customer care skills will rub off on the Disney Co, it'd do 'em some good:rolleyes1 If any Dis/DVCers have considered taking the plunge, I'd highly recommend it. Congrats to John:thumbsup2

Congratulations! both for the recent developments, and for having the talent and insight to come up with such a brilliant idea for a business in the first place. (I'm sure many of us wish we had thought of it first!) Good luck!

Wasn't Disney looking to get into this business? Weren't there some surveys going around about customer interest?

My guess is that Disney found it not to be a cost-effective model and probably couldn't handle the level of service that OL provides.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

(DH and I are currently not OL members, but seriously thinking about it.....)

We are very pleased with our OL. My son and I are taking a trip this Wednesday for SWW, and it makes our packing much easier. It's a great idea, and I think that one locker is enough for now. We may take advantage of the 20% off for a second locker, but one really helps us. One of things that we did was leave some essentials in the locker in case our checks bags don't show up on time. We have a day's worth of essential clothes in case our bags are delayed. It makes the carry on baggage easier.

Can't wait for Wednesday evening and being at OKW again!

I wonder if DVC will make this service available at all DVC resorts! VGC? Aulani? HH? Vero?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter