Owners Locker Question

Sandisw

DVC Forums
I am considering this now that I am retired and will be going at least 8 times a year. I see the DVC discount on the plan that includes one free trip.

Does anyone know if we get any deal on the one that allows for unlimited trips?

Thanks!

Hi if you go to the website for Owners Locker they do have a plan for those who will make more than one trip per year. This is from their website:

How much does it cost? There is a one time Membership Fee to join Owner's Locker of $75.00 (which includes your Locker and your initial delivery/pickup which we call a Visit) and a yearly storage/delivery plan which you choose. The Value Plan costs $85.00 per year and includes storage in our climate controlled warehouse. Each round trip Visit costs $27.50. The Moderate Plan costs $105.00 per year and includes storage and one free Visit per year. Additional Visits are $27.50 each. The Deluxe Plan costs $190.00 per year and includes storage in our climate controlled warehouse and unlimited visits per year.

Hope this helps. We have had a locker for years now and it does come in handy especially if you fly to FL. We no longer fly but still have an Owners Locker, our car gets pretty full without adding another box similar to the locker to hold the contains of that locker. One thing to remember is the year for Owners Lockers runs from your anniversary date not by the month as DVC runs. I didn't understand that and was charged for an extra trip when in fact I only took one trip per year but my start date for one trip was two days before my actual anniversary date. I have to say I wasn't very happy when I saw the extra charge and had a long conversation with the owner. Since that time they have added two alternative plans as you can see above.

I got it for this year. They delivered empty bin in March. Having it delivered next week for my trip. Then again in December. After that I will keep it and bring it home and stop service. One reason is we drive and I can pack what I want. Another reason is we're cutting back to 1 trip a year (were doing 3-4 past couple years). And it really doesn't hold a lot. I put a keurig in there and a bunch of toiletries and there wasn't much room for anything else (couple ponchos, a hat, flip flops and bag of K-pods, 5th of rum). I had to bring home 1/4 of the stuff I took to put in there. If I removed the keurig and k-pods it would hold more. But I can store same bin here at home and just throw it in my car when we come to WDW. Getting it from bell services was a hassle too (at least when we got it in March at BLT...had to walk over to CR...can get bellhop to bring it but you have to wait in room and then tip...easier to bring from car with all our other stuff).

Yikes!!! Thank you for bringing this up - I had totally forgotten to schedule our OL for next month o_O
Make sure you use the DVC member signup link for first six months FREE & Second six months at half price ($5.25 per month).
I hope you enjoy your OL as much as we do ours!!

We’re signing up this week for our trip next week through the DVC promo. It’s a split stay, so we’ll have bell services move it around for us with our luggage. We’re also going to have Amazon deliver us some items for the OL at our first resort. Anyone sign up through DVC and got the blue locker or is it just the standard purple locker?

We’re signing up this week for our trip next week through the DVC promo. It’s a split stay, so we’ll have bell services move it around for us with our luggage. We’re also going to have Amazon deliver us some items for the OL at our first resort. Anyone sign up through DVC and got the blue locker or is it just the standard purple locker?
According to their website, if you go through the DVC link, you get the blue locker.

I got it for this year. They delivered empty bin in March. Having it delivered next week for my trip. Then again in December. After that I will keep it and bring it home and stop service. One reason is we drive and I can pack what I want. Another reason is we're cutting back to 1 trip a year (were doing 3-4 past couple years). And it really doesn't hold a lot. I put a keurig in there and a bunch of toiletries and there wasn't much room for anything else (couple ponchos, a hat, flip flops and bag of K-pods, 5th of rum). I had to bring home 1/4 of the stuff I took to put in there. If I removed the keurig and k-pods it would hold more. But I can store same bin here at home and just throw it in my car when we come to WDW. Getting it from bell services was a hassle too (at least when we got it in March at BLT...had to walk over to CR...can get bellhop to bring it but you have to wait in room and then tip...easier to bring from car with all our other stuff).

Hi are you allowed to keep the bin? I didn't know that you could do that. If that's the case I may do the same thing. Are you sure you can just keep the bin? Thanks in advance.

Hi are you allowed to keep the bin? I didn't know that you could do that. If that's the case I may do the same thing. Are you sure you can just keep the bin? Thanks in advance.
I thought i read that but I will double check and post back here.

I am DVC but paid full price and got purple back in March. Hmmm. I may cancel it now. I think I got ripped off. Did the moderate plan. Can you get DVC discount upon renewal?

Last edited:
Found this, I cut and pasted, on the Dis in a 2011 thread from the guy in charge. Not sure if still the case..

Feb 26, 2011

Cancelling is no problem...to every thing there is a season...just contact us through the Owner's Locker site and let us know how you want to handle your Locker. Diane and Laurie are right; the Locker is yours to keep. We don't re-use them.
john

Thank all! I saw the DVC promo but it is only for the moderate plan which includes only one delivery per year. I am going to be going almost every month so I need to sign up for the plan with unlimited deliveries.

Just wasn’t sure if they gave DVC members a discount on that plan as well. I emailed the company to double check before I sign up!

I am DVC but paid full price and got purple back in March. Hmmm. I may cancel it now. I think I got ripped off. Did the moderate plan. Can you get DVC discount upon renewal?

Did you sign up via the link through DVC website? If not, then you would not have been given the special. I would email them and just ask about getting it for your 2nd year since you were not aware of the DVC special pricing!

Found this, I cut and pasted, on the Dis in a 2011 thread from the guy in charge. Not sure if still the case..

Feb 26, 2011

Cancelling is no problem...to every thing there is a season...just contact us through the Owner's Locker site and let us know how you want to handle your Locker. Diane and Laurie are right; the Locker is yours to keep. We don't re-use them.
john

Thanks so much for this information, I didn't know we could keep the locker. Last year I looked around for a plastic container to put our stuff in but I didn't find one I wanted to buy; now I'm very glad I didn't. :thumbsup2

I guess all I have to do is notify them that I will be keeping my locker after our next trip so they don't have to come back to pick it up when it won't be there. Now I can take it with me to VB and after that back to my home to be stored until our next trip to WDW. So glad you posted your plan and I decided to see what was said or I still wouldn't know! See never to old to learn something new! pixiedust:

437759I have been looking into getting an owners locker and thought I read that if you cancel within a certain time period you had to pay to keep the bin. I looked it up because I was curious and sure enough!

View attachment 437759I have been looking into getting an owners locker and thought I read that if you cancel within a certain time period you had to pay to keep the bin. I looked it up because I was curious and sure enough!
Is that the DVC deal with free 6 months (says free year in that text)? I paid in full and didn't do DVC deal so I can cancel. I assume anyone who takes free 6 months or year or whatever it is, they would have to pay if they cancel.

@Ms.Minnie I linked you to this so you'd see above. In case I gave misinformation.

Yes...that is with the 6 month free info. Glad it doesn't apply to you since you paid full price...$50 is a lot for a bin!

You said you put a Keurig in the bin and it took up a lot of the available space ...was that a full size one? In the box or out of the box? I'm asking because we have a mini one that we were going to store in there (no box...just wrapped in a plastic shopping bag) but we also had a bunch of other things we were hoping to get in there. I don't want to get it if it's not going to hold what we need it to. I was thinking of buying a bin with similar dimensions and testing out what we can get in there. After reading your post I think that might be a good idea!
Thanks!

Yes...that is with the 6 month free info. Glad it doesn't apply to you since you paid full price...$50 is a lot for a bin!

You said you put a Keurig in the bin and it took up a lot of the available space ...was that a full size one? In the box or out of the box? I'm asking because we have a mini one that we were going to store in there (no box...just wrapped in a plastic shopping bag) but we also had a bunch of other things we were hoping to get in there. I don't want to get it if it's not going to hold what we need it to. I was thinking of buying a bin with similar dimensions and testing out what we can get in there. After reading your post I think that might be a good idea!
Thanks!
It was a small keurig out of the box. I guess there is a lot in there. I have the tackle box thing full of meds and stuff. I have a big bag of K-pods, small tupperware of sugar and splenda packets and thing of powder creamer, 2 ponchos, 2 hats, flip flops (think crocks actually), full sized set of toiletries including 4 deodorants, 4 razors and 4 toothbrushes, laundry pods and dryer sheets, sweat jacket, bag of extra magic bands, empty string bag, small bottle of rum, 2 disney refillable mugs, spare phone charger, small flashlight, 2 hair brushes, sunblock and I think aloe...

I think it is a lot now that I type it out. But I wanted to add sweatshirt for DH and 2 for DDs and bathing suits for DH and I and an air mattress.

I will be there Friday and will take a picture and post here. I think I am keeping through our Dec trip but will remove the keurig and Kpods and just add a thing of maxwell house. I have a flat iron to put in and can add a sweatshirt for DH at least. Then after Dec I will reevaluate. Dec we go from AKV to off site and they offer pick up at the off site resort we'll be at so I can send it back and keep another year or bring it home.

I was hoping to use this to turn a studio into a mini portable kitchen. Small convection oven, hotplate, couple of pots and pans.... these likely to fit?

The dimensions of the locker are 13" x 22" x 32" high, not sure you can get all that into the locker. Only way to tell is to get a box with similar dimensions and see if it all fits or measure all items stacked up on your kitchen counter to see if they will fit. Good luck! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!