Owners Locker Question

You said you put a Keurig in the bin and it took up a lot of the available space ...was that a full size one? In the box or out of the box? I'm asking because we have a mini one that we were going to store in there
We have a mini keurig in our bin. We store it in its carrying bag and stuff all it’s pods in the bag. It takes up about 1/3 of the bin but we can pack around it.

We ultimately ended up adding a bin because we keep full size (1.75) liters of vodka, gin, light rum, dark rum in them too.

We’ve had our lockers since 2010 and love them.

They are soooo worth it! I’m an annual passholder that comes to WDW 3x’s a year. I have 2 lockers. It takes pressure off all the stuff I like to pack every time I come. I sent the owner an email last year to upgrade to the unlimited trips package. He called me back while golfing lol to tell me if I used the locker more than I do at the moment, he will upgrade me for the additional cost. But he didn’t want to rip me off a few bucks until I actually used it. Love my lockers!

Be aware that DVC may start to charge a delivery fee at any moment. Like with groceries, it's not luggage, so they might implement a similar policy.

Last edited:
I just pick it up myself. This upcoming trip is at BWV so it will be easy to grab on the way in. I may bring my collapsible wagon to haul stuff to the room.

Be aware that DVC may start to charge a delivery fee at any moment. Like with groceries, it's not luggage, so they might implement a similar policy.

Even if they do, and its the same $6 as groceries, it will be worth it for me. The cost of a checked bag, is up to $30 each way. Since the plan is to go about 8 times every year now, the cost of OL and a delivery fee is still less than that! I can't wait to not have to worry about all the medical things, toiletries, and most importantly, my Jack D!!! LOL

That is true, but since DVC is currently actively promoting Owner’s Locker as a “Member benefit,” they will probably maintain their exemption from the delivery fee.

Back when we were DVC members we also had three owners lockers.
We did not keep things like pots and pans, but rather clothes, shoes, and toiletries.
We had it set up so we could basically leave home with just the clothes on our back.

I am DVC but paid full price and got purple back in March. Hmmm. I may cancel it now. I think I got ripped off. Did the moderate plan. Can you get DVC discount upon renewal?

Was the deal active then? If so did you sign up through the link? If no, you weren’t ripped off.

I don’t think renewals get the deal.

I was hoping to use this to turn a studio into a mini portable kitchen. Small convection oven, hotplate, couple of pots and pans.... these likely to fit?

I hope not. Studios and normal hotel rooms aren’t meant to be turned into kitchens. I wouldn’t do this.

I just pick it up myself. This upcoming trip is at BWV so it will be easy to grab on the way in. I may bring my collapsible wagon to haul stuff to the room.
Thanks for the list of things you were able to fit in! I think we will be able to fit what we want...minus the blow up mattress that we wouldn't use often anyway so it would probably be better to just throw it in the car before we left home if we needed it for a particular trip.

Why wouldn't you? Not looking to cook up a gourmet dinner, but maybe some eggs and toast in the morning or some quick pasta in the evening?
scrambled eggs can easily be made in the microwave, and there is a toaster. Most pastas & rice can also be cooked in microwave.

You could also purchase a Food Network™ Microwave Egg 'N Muffin Maker, I just got one at Kohl's and it works great. Just add egg (out of shell of course;)) and microwave for 1 minute, no need for frying pan or hot plate and it takes up much less space then those two items would in you owners locker. Just a suggestion.

Just to update. I heard from John at OL. I can sign up for the deluxe plan and take advantage of a DVC discount, I don’t know if it’s the same deal or something different but will save me for sure,

He said that if you want your locket 5 times or more a year...which I do..it will save money over the moderate plan!

So, I’ll get it in Dec when I am flying Southwest and can bring a 2nd suitcase for free with stuff to fill the locker!

I was wondering if I could sign-up for a second locker and get the same deal as I did as a DVC member for the the first one. We've maxed out the first one (Bell Services confirmed it is one of the heaviest they'd lifted).

Does anyone have experience ordering a second one as a DVC member?

It was a small keurig out of the box. I guess there is a lot in there. I have the tackle box thing full of meds and stuff. I have a big bag of K-pods, small tupperware of sugar and splenda packets and thing of powder creamer, 2 ponchos, 2 hats, flip flops (think crocks actually), full sized set of toiletries including 4 deodorants, 4 razors and 4 toothbrushes, laundry pods and dryer sheets, sweat jacket, bag of extra magic bands, empty string bag, small bottle of rum, 2 disney refillable mugs, spare phone charger, small flashlight, 2 hair brushes, sunblock and I think aloe...

I think it is a lot now that I type it out. But I wanted to add sweatshirt for DH and 2 for DDs and bathing suits for DH and I and an air mattress.

HAHA! We got an owner's locker as soon as we got DVC and started going more than once a year. We fly, and even though we usually have free checked luggage, it is REALLY nice not to have any checked luggage at all, and OL helps us with that. There is an online inventory on your OL dashboard that I try to update at the end of each trip as we pack everything up again.

DH and I each have a set of (Disney) sleepwear; 7 ponchos (may be down to 6...) for our family of 4; a rotating selection of park bags, string bags, backpacks; misting fans (kids!), a few pairs of waterproof sandals, hairbrushes, feminine products, toothbrushes, toothpaste, SUNSCREEN, kids' toiletries (although they are outgrowing that), extra sunglasses, a couple of summer dresses that I wear at WDW; some Mickey ears, water bottles. some pins for trading. We also have a 4-person set of plastic dishes that we thought we would use when we stayed in studios but which we have not used at all. Old popcorn buckets that we use at the beach/pool. OL is a little bit like DVC, if you have it, you will find more things that you just *need* to stick in it, but the ponchos, water proof shoes, pajamas, toothpaste and sunscreen saves us a lot of space. We probably would never have bought misting fans if we didn't know we could leave them behind in the OL, but we also now regularly use the misting fans to stay cool when we visit in the summer. We don't keep any kids' clothes in there because they grow too fast.

HAHA! We got an owner's locker as soon as we got DVC and started going more than once a year. We fly, and even though we usually have free checked luggage, it is REALLY nice not to have any checked luggage at all, and OL helps us with that. There is an online inventory on your OL dashboard that I try to update at the end of each trip as we pack everything up again.

DH and I each have a set of (Disney) sleepwear; 7 ponchos (may be down to 6...) for our family of 4; a rotating selection of park bags, string bags, backpacks; misting fans (kids!), a few pairs of waterproof sandals, hairbrushes, feminine products, toothbrushes, toothpaste, SUNSCREEN, kids' toiletries (although they are outgrowing that), extra sunglasses, a couple of summer dresses that I wear at WDW; some Mickey ears, water bottles. some pins for trading. We also have a 4-person set of plastic dishes that we thought we would use when we stayed in studios but which we have not used at all. Old popcorn buckets that we use at the beach/pool. OL is a little bit like DVC, if you have it, you will find more things that you just *need* to stick in it, but the ponchos, water proof shoes, pajamas, toothpaste and sunscreen saves us a lot of space. We probably would never have bought misting fans if we didn't know we could leave them behind in the OL, but we also now regularly use the misting fans to stay cool when we visit in the summer. We don't keep any kids' clothes in there because they grow too fast.
Thanks for this list...reminded me to take my rose gold ears to put in there. I think I also have a VB small purse in there and also the feminine products and a small notepad and pen/pencil/sharpie/highlighter and tape and box of ziplocs and tape. I am going to take photos of it all so I can keep inventory on the OL dashboard. But I'll bring the keurig home and put regular packs of coffee in there to just brew in the room's coffee maker.

Thanks for the list of things you were able to fit in! I think we will be able to fit what we want...minus the blow up mattress that we wouldn't use often anyway so it would probably be better to just throw it in the car before we left home if we needed it for a particular trip.

I have a twin aerobed in mine, along with the mini keurig, a slim brita water pitcher, full size toiletries for 4, the provided box for smalls, ponchos and more. The key to packing all that is to layer everything with gallon ziplocs. You can get tons more in it that way. When I put the aerobed in last trip all I had to remove was the 4 full size beach towels (took those home).

We've had our box for ten years now and I don't have a single complaint. We fly and it's such a convenience to have all that stuff there.

We also have a 4-person set of plastic dishes that we thought we would use when we stayed in studios but which we have not used at all.

That's me with the cutting board and paring knife I put in my OL to use when I stay in a studio. I have never used them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!