Pace of Disneyland Backstage Magic?

cincystamper

DIS Veteran
Hello, all! I'm planning to take my first ABD trip next year as a birthday gift to myself. I'm planning to join a Southern CA/Disneyland Backstage Magic tour in the fall of 2020.

I'm totally fine going by myself (even though the single supplement cost kills me) but I know this is a tour my mom would love to join me for. Before I surprise her by booking her with me, I wanted to ask...how's the pace of this adventure? My mom is 71 and walks with a rollator (which is a kind of walker with a seat). She's active and we walk miles and miles on our Disney trips....but none of those miles are very fast. I just want to be sure this would be something she could physically keep up with without wearing herself out too much before I even mention it to her.

Any advice or suggestions?

Go for it!!! We've done this trip 5 times now and enjoyed every one of them. There isn't really a lot of walking on this trip, except for in the parks, and they are use to accommodating those who move at a slower pace. In every group we have traveled with there have been people on scooters and they have no problem completing the adventure.

You may want to email Kevin Klose of Dreams Unlimited Travel for more info on this question. He regularly books people on this trip and he himself uses a scooter on the DL/DCA days. His email is Keving@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com

Last edited:
Thanks for asking this question. This is good to know. I have a bad knee and walk slow but get around OK on my own. The Hollywood end I hope will be OK but I am going to try to scooter it for the Parks just to keep up and not tire myself out. I love poking around on these forums as everyone is so helpful.!

I am going to try to scooter it for the Parks just to keep up and not tire myself out.
Suggestion for scooter rentals there is Deckert Sergical at (714) 542-5607. We used them last year. Scooters in good condition and you pick it up right at bell services when you arrive. When you leave you just leave it will bell services. Reasonable prices.

I went on it 3 years ago, and although I found it exhausting, that was mainly because we had to get up early almost every day, not really the walking part.

I dont remember anyone in a scooter on our tour, but I am sure they would accommodate

I went on it 3 years ago, and although I found it exhausting, that was mainly because we had to get up early almost every day, not really the walking part.

That's what kills my interest in this type of tour. :(

I
Suggestion for scooter rentals there is Deckert Sergical at (714) 542-5607. We used them last year. Scooters in good condition and you pick it up right at bell services when you arrive. When you leave you just leave it will bell services. Reasonable prices.

Thanks for the suggestion. I rented one a couple of years ago to keep up with my 16 yr old nephew and the front desk at the Disneyland Hotel helped me out. I have used Apple
Scooters in the past at WDW and they have a branch near DL. They are certified by Disney so they can come into the parks if the scooter breaks down. (or you lose your key....)

Go for it, we had 2 people in a wheelchair on my trip. They could walk a few steps, but mostly stayed in their wheelchairs. The guides will adapt and no, nobody felt it affected the trip in any way. You'll soon be a big family anyways. Once in Disneyland oyo time you can go your own pace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter