Packing for a toddler?

MrsDe2008

Mouseketeer
Please share the essentials you would not leave home without for your toddler? We are heading to DW in 6 weeks and I'm starting a list of stuff I would need for my DD. Is there anything you didn't bring that you wished you had? I'm afraid of leaving something home that is important and not being able to get it while we are there (we are not renting a car and we are staying on DW property). TIA!

I am planning my first trip to DW with a toddler in November. I am already thinking about all the essentials I need to bring. I have referred to WDW Prep school for quite a bit of my planning. I am going to make sure to not forget her favorite blanket, night light, a bedtime story or 2, stuffed animal(s), childrens Tylenol or ibuprofen, bath time items, a couple of pairs of broken in shoes. We are flying so I'm going to pack a backpack full of new things and her favorite snacks to keep her busy on the plane. I've done some shopping at our local Dollar Tree. I found lots of Disney themed things along with glow necklaces, bracelets, etc to use at night for parades and fireworks. I'm also going to make sure I bring in a change of clothes into the parks, you never know what kind of messes those little ones will make. I'm also bringing a small bottle of no spill bubbles to keep her busy while waiting in lines. Hope this helps a little. Looking forward to hearing everyone else's responses as I'm sure I am forgetting something!

I over packed this past May :lmao: I bought a ton of books and games and stuff and we barely used them because at the end of the day he was just so exhausted he didn't need to be entertained before bedtime. On the plane we read a few books and played with stickers but mostly he played with the ipad (one lollipop at take and another at landing helped a lot for when he HAD to be in his seat.) When we go back in September I will pare down what I bring dramatically.

Any trip with DS, we bring disposable placemats! Makes it a lot easier to lay his food out without having to worry about it touching the table. We get the ones with the sticky edges so they stick to the table, then just wrap up all of his mess in it and throw it away when we are done.

We also pack small cars or trains he can play with in line, while waiting for a show, or while seated at a restaurant waiting for the food. Really came in handy during our F&W trip last year when we stopped for a few sets of the Eat to the Beat concerts.

Any trip with DS, we bring disposable placemats! Makes it a lot easier to lay his food out without having to worry about it touching the table. We get the ones with the sticky edges so they stick to the table, then just wrap up all of his mess in it and throw it away when we are done.

We also pack small cars or trains he can play with in line, while waiting for a show, or while seated at a restaurant waiting for the food. Really came in handy during our F&W trip last year when we stopped for a few sets of the Eat to the Beat concerts.

These seems to be a pretty hot item...Where can we get them cheaply???

I bring Dixie cups for the hotel when DD brushes her teeth. Makes things easier for them

I have a pencil pouch to carry basic activity kits and crayons. I know it's Disney and they are accommodating but sometimes that doesn't always work out. Keeps them occupied.

Glow sticks

I know this is an old thread, but I'll add if your child uses a pacifier, the clips to clip it to his shirt probably saved us a ton of time walking around looking for his missing "binkie".

Just wanted to add we always bring hand wipes. My daughter touches everything we try to wipe hands down as often as possible. We also use them for wiping down tables and high chairs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!