Packing Questions

mureste

Earning My Ears
My wife is wondering about packing some things, so here is a question for the packing experts.

My 3 yr old has a Speedo swim vest. It is kinda like a life jacket with a zipper on the front. He does not swim. Will we need to bring it or does disney have any small life jacketsat the pools?
It is bulky.

2 way Radios? We have the kind with 14 channels and no sub-channels. I have heard that these would be useless. Do I buy some better radios or just forget the Radios?

How many nights will I wear a Jacket to Dinner?

Thanks for any help. We are on Jan 4 and we are starting to make the packing lists.

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce:

There are no life vests/jackets by the pools.
2 way Radios - most seem to not work too well on any of the cruise ships.
For a jacket, there's formal night, semi formal & possibly a 3rd if you are planning on Palo.
MOST IMPORTANT - DON'T forget the over-the-door shoe holder!

I brought my 3 yr dd speedo life jacket on the cruise. We brought radios, we hardly used them. They were useless on several parts of the boat. THe over the doar shoe rack is a MUST!

OMG, the over-the-door shoe holder is a MUST. I cannot say enough about how this handy dandy organizer saved us. I traveled with a toddler and preschooler and I swear we had every pocket full. It was nice to be able to leave out medications, etc. and yet still have them safely out of childs reach.

We use a lot of ziplock bags - large ones for miscellaneous items and for keeping things together.

Rae

And I also suggest that you pack an empty backpack or large tote bag, because when you get ready to come home you won't be able to get everything back into the bag (also you have to put your luggage outside the last night, but will still have some things with you in your room, like sundries and will need a place to pack those).

I recently bought 4 backpacks that I intend to pack so that each of us will have one on the last day!
DJ

We accidentally forgot to bring our 2 way radios and never missed them. We did go our separate ways often, but always met up again in the room to dress for dinner. Also, we packed way too much stuff. I brought home several sets of clothes that were never needed. Ziploc bags and an extension cord for the hair dryer were very handy to have. If you have an inside cabin, a watch or clock which lights up is also handy since when you wake up, its always dark and you have no idea what time it is until you look at a clock.

Thanks for info. Over the door shoe hanger, Got it.

Thanks again for the help. I have gather som much info on this board. I think all we have to do now is get on a plane next friday.

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter