Paid FP options coming soon to WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm okay paying if it is something that prices the majority of people out and therefore is a real advantage. For instance, we are staying CL and taking advantage of the extra FP's in December. This is a real benefit because the majority of people do not spend money to do this, and therefore is a real advantage for us to book tierless FP's to multiple parks per day. If too many people could afford it, there would be too many people in the FP line, and you may as well just do standby and not waste your money.

I agree with you here.

It's why WDW couldn't do an unlimited EP like Uni does for $70/pp. Too many people would line up for that. It's also why I think if this does roll out, it's gonna be very pricey. I think too many people would plunk down $10 per FP after the free ones. IMO, again if this comes to fruition, we will see $20 per FP if they roll them out individually. I think that's a number that would price the most people out, or 3 for $50. They would have to kill the refresh ability and cap people out at 3 free ones per day. My only hope is that that would have an appreciable effect on stand by for those of us who would be priced out of buying more.

Or we'll all be in a 30 minute wait at IASW or slumming it on Tom Sawyer's island...... :p

I live near a six flags and they have their flash pass (paid only) and they are actually quite expensive to get. I've heard a lot of people complain about the price and wish that SF would make then affordable to the normal family.

Problem is, as has been pointed out, capacity is what it is. If you make it "affordable" then everybody has one and there is no real advantage. The only way something like that works is if it is so expensive that most people say "that's too much. I'm not paying that much for a shorter line" and can actually cause people to get upset at the company because they see it as an attempt at price gouging when in reality it is the only way you can make it work. You can't create more capactity and you can't have too may people in a "fast line" or it isn't a fast line anymore.

For everyone clamoring for paid FP+, there currently exists an option: Club 33. Sure, the buy in is now over $40K. But you get 16 unrestricted anytimes per day! (and a ton of other benefits. It's actually a good deal at $15K a year, if you can get over the insane buy-in).

For everyone clamoring for paid FP+, there currently exists an option: Club 33. Sure, the buy in is now over $40K. But you get 16 unrestricted anytimes per day! (and a ton of other benefits. It's actually a good deal at $15K a year, if you can get over the insane buy-in).
Yikes! That is a crazy buy-in! What else do you get?!

I took this picture during our trip in May of the sign on the construction wall around the new Club 33 in Adventureland.

It is definitely not for MY future enjoyment. :rotfl2:

Attachments

• CEB44869-38BF-4AE7-845F-CDB8C22B2933.jpeg
    CEB44869-38BF-4AE7-845F-CDB8C22B2933.jpeg
    41.8 KB · Views: 98

I agree with you here.

It's why WDW couldn't do an unlimited EP like Uni does for $70/pp. Too many people would line up for that. It's also why I think if this does roll out, it's gonna be very pricey. I think too many people would plunk down $10 per FP after the free ones. IMO, again if this comes to fruition, we will see $20 per FP if they roll them out individually. I think that's a number that would price the most people out, or 3 for $50. They would have to kill the refresh ability and cap people out at 3 free ones per day. My only hope is that that would have an appreciable effect on stand by for those of us who would be priced out of buying more.

Or we'll all be in a 30 minute wait at IASW or slumming it on Tom Sawyer's island...... :p

I think your last statement is the key. Disney is already an extremely pricey endeavor to begin with. If not buying fast passes severely limits or degrades my in park experience, (such as eliminating access to e-ticket attractions) why bother doing it at all. My trip is going to be expensive even if I avoid buying fast passes. Would I be happy about buying fast passes? No, because it is just another price hike. At the same time I am not going to avoid buying something that is a huge benefit to me and my family just because it is new. I just expect I will begrudgingly buy it. The only thing I can do is look at the total cost of the experience and evaluate if the cost of Disney has reached a point that there are other uses of my cash that are a better entertainment value. Very sad really.

I'm with you. Give me the option to purchase some FP's, I'll gladly spend more to avoid waiting in line for hours.
Oh, you'll have that option, but it'll mostly be before and after hours events. I see no reason they can't charge $349 per person for an extra 2 hours. That's only $1396.00 for a family of 4. Pocket change for most Disney fans.

Not that I could afford Club 33; but I always wondered is that 16 total or 16 for each family member?

Isn't there a waiting list for Club 33 as well? Would love to just get in there one time actually. Not likely to ever happen, but one can dream...:tinker:

I am not sure if this is old news , but this is what Disney Paris does now , I am pretty sure this will come to Orlando as well :-((

The prices really suck for a family of four :-( they range from 45€ to 150€ a person per day :-( I don’t know why but I can’t upload the second file :-/

I am not sure if this is old news , but this is what Disney Paris does now , I am pretty sure this will come to Orlando as well :-((

Attachments

• A1D79D01-8AB3-4DFA-AE31-1D2E46BDDE98.jpeg
    A1D79D01-8AB3-4DFA-AE31-1D2E46BDDE98.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 83
Yes, we talked about this in the earlier pages - it's a lot to read through! I don't think they'll do something exactly like this though because it is similar to the Express Pass at Universal, and the traffic at WDW is much higher than at DL Paris. They cannot give everyone a FP to every ride every day. Unless the price is so prohibitively high that only a very small fraction of people can afford it.

Yes, we talked about this in the earlier pages - it's a lot to read through! I don't think they'll do something exactly like this though because it is similar to the Express Pass at Universal, and the traffic at WDW is much higher than at DL Paris. They cannot give everyone a FP to every ride every day. Unless the price is so prohibitively high that only a very small fraction of people can afford it.
Oops sorry, I tried to keep up with this thread, but have to admit I didn’t read through every single page I do feel 150€ for one person per day is crazy high , if you consider that you already pay like 100€ to get in the park , but maybe that is just me

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!