"Pail & Shovel" gift?

DisneyFanatik

DIS Veteran
What exactly is this? I have two DS's - 11 and 5. Is this something that all kids are given at check-in? I am a Loew's member (just the basic membership) and it is noted on my ressie.
Thanks for the info!

*Oh, I forgot to add that we are staying at RPR. Thanks!

Your 5 yr old should get the pail and shovel. It's a plastic pail with RPR's logo printed on it. I don't know what your 11 yr old will get. My 10 year old was offered the pail and shovel on our last trip and she took it so I could have it for my preschool class. She didn't use it. They have a gift for teens as well. I am not sure what age they begin giving those out.

I'm new to US/IOA also, usually have just done Disney. We have 2 dds, 5 and 7, and ds 3. We are basic Loew's members, I did note it on the reservation. Do I ask ast check in about the shovels and pails or are they automatic? We are staying at HRH. Any other "insider" tips about US hotels we should know? Thanks.

When we checked in to the HRH last year, they just gave my kids 2 little gift bags. They had cheap little trinket toys in them like sunglasses, inflatable guitar, and things. When I called to request turndown every night of our stay, they asked what time and if we had kids. Every night when we came back from dinner there were little trinkets on the beds for them. Something different each night. I think the RP gives shovels and pails at check in and I do not know if they do anything at turndown. Does anyone know if it is worth requesting turn down at RPR?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter