Paper Doll Swap ~ COMPLETE ~

My groups look good! I'll get started on these as soon as the Epcot swap is postal. Thanks!

I got all of my doll bodies cut out today and grouped. Had to go to Hobby Lobby for some adhesives and I'm all set to start dressing them up. I found images of each character through Google Images and set up a folder with all my characters as reference points on how they should look. So far so good, except I have some Cricut mats that seem to have no tackiness to them and have had to put extra adhesive on them with every sheet of paper....the new mats seem different from the old ones.:confused3

I agree that the new mats seem less sticky. We usually put "frog" or "painter's" tape on the edges of the paper before we cut.

We also started cutting our base dolls today :)

I agree that the new mats seem less sticky. We usually put "frog" or "painter's" tape on the edges of the paper before we cut.

I watched some You Tube videos and found that if you put a layer of Scotch Restickable Glue stick on the mat, the paper won't shift. You can use it on any mat old mat to get extra life out of it--take a baby wipe and clean off all the gunk, put on an even layer of glue stick and cut. Works really nice as there is no gluey mess at all since it is restickable--the consistency of a Post It Note is how I'd describe it.

But just another step to try to cut....wish they'd make different mats!

I spray mats with repositioning spray glue and it works very well. I mask the border of the mats with painters tape first, then spray and wait a bit before using. I've been using the same 2 mats for over a year. I'm usually able to use them for a while before it needs to be redone and I'm someone who uses them several times a week for hours at a time.

OOOPSS thought I checked in. My groups are good!! Can't wait to get started. Been doing some research and collecting images.
Cheryl:)

I spray mats with repositioning spray glue and it works very well. I mask the border of the mats with painters tape first, then spray and wait a bit before using. I've been using the same 2 mats for over a year. I'm usually able to use them for a while before it needs to be redone and I'm someone who uses them several times a week for hours at a time.

Which brand of glue are you using? And do you clean the mats each time before spraying them? I tried this about a year ago and it just didn't work. Maybe I did something wrong or the glue wasn't right? :confused3

Which brand of glue are you using? And do you clean the mats each time before spraying them? I tried this about a year ago and it just didn't work. Maybe I did something wrong or the glue wasn't right? :confused3

I remove the glue only on 1 mat as I'm truly use all the lines on the mat and the glue removed removes everything including the mat color which means all the lines. I use Scotch Spray mount repositionable adhesive. http://www.staples.com/3M-Spray-Mount-Adhesive/product_130831?ddkey=http:StaplesZipCodeAdd

I first scrap the most that I can from my mats with an old credit card or scrapper. Then I tape the edges of the mats wiht painters tape then spay the mats 2-3 times with the spray, waiting a few minutes between layers. Once everything is dry ( about 10 minutes later) I will purposely put my hands all over the mat to make it a bit less sticky otherwise it's harder to lift the first papers.

I have to say, the mat which I completely strip of glue every time always last longer then the other but I don't mind it. It takes just a few minutes and they are back to normal. Also the bottle last forever. I'm still using the first one I bought. Much cheaper then buying new mats all the time.

Here are my Princess Dolls--Belle in Blue, Aurora/Sleeping Beauty, Ariel with Feet, Merida--bow and arrow are unattached.

DSC_0038.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter