• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parade watching spot?

quiltymom

DIS Veteran
My sister & I will be taking my mom to DL in July (we had to postpone our trip by two weeks because of DH's work schedule!! :( :( Boo-Hoo!

ANYWAY... Mom will be in a wheelchair, and since only one person is allowed to accompany someone in the wheelchair area for the parades, we will need to find a different place to sit. Can anyone recommend a good place where the wheelchair won't be in people's way?

Thanks!

First thing I would do is talk to a CM and see if it is possible to get you both in since it is just the 3 of you. If not I would opt for a position near the top of the parade route so you do not have to try to get through the 'hub' area with a wheel chair after the parade. That is just off the top of my head, I have never had to deal with a wheel chair in the parks, but I have often seen people in wheel chairs get sort of trapped in the hub area (area in front of Castle) and by the Adventureland entrance too.

There is a mass exit after the parade, it is kind of crazy. We always try to avoid it. If you ever do find yourself in a crowd trying to get up or down Main Street it helps to know that all the stores are connected on the left side (if looking up Main Street towards the Castle) of the street and it was always easier for me when we had a stroller to cut through the stores.

You might try asking on the DISabilities board too, they are very helpful.

There is a wheelchair viewing area near Small World with regular seating on both sides (benches). Seems like this would be a good place for you, as your mom could be inside the roped off area, and you could still sit beside her. It tends to be less crowded here also as it is so far from the main entrance and you won't get caught in the mass-exodus.

Well, it seems like near It's a Small World is the place to be. Thanks so much for your recommendations! I'm not too big of a fan of the after parade crowds, either, so this looks like the spot. Mom will most likely be a bit overly conscious about being in a wheelchair anyway, and keeping her away from where she could be unnecessarily bumped about about is best.

We just returned from the Park and I think that one of the best places to watch is in the area next to the Matterhorn bathrooms. When the parade comes from It's a Small World, that is the first area that it stops at. You have an excellent view of the Peter Pan float as well as the Beauty and the Beast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter