Paradise Pier Hotel

Pamela M

DIS Veteran
So planning an on-site visit in November. From Paradise Pier how do you get to Down town Disney and the parks? From Google Maps it doesn't look like you can access the parks from Disneyland Dr. and have to enter downtown Disney near Earl of Sandwich.
I'm trying to decide if I should upgrade to the Disneyland Hotel.

Correct. There is a pathway that takes you to the DL Hotel and you enter DTD there. You cannot enter the GHC from the street but you can exit through the GCH to use that as a shortcut back to PPH

To me the walking distance between PPH and DLH is not really a relevant factor in choosing one or the other

Correct. There is a pathway that takes you to the DL Hotel and you enter DTD there. You cannot enter the GHC from the street but you can exit through the GCH to use that as a shortcut back to PPH

To me the walking distance between PPH and DLH is not really a relevant factor in choosing one or the other
Ahh good to know. Have to take the long way there but can take the short cut back! Thanks

I walked to the parks from the Hilton Anaheim in August going down Disneyland Dr. From Paradise Pier, the entrance by EoS is very easy and not that far.

Also, that entrance was so easy to get through security. We always just walked right up to a spot and through with maybe one person in front of us, if that.

27D0FD33-B565-4460-8347-4A51E5990B95.jpeg

To me the walking distance between PPH and DLH is not really a relevant factor in choosing one or the other.

For an able-bodied adult, it's likely a matter of 3-5 minutes, give or take a minute or two depending on speed.

For the OP, make sure you exit the back of the hotel, which leads directly onto the aforementioned path up to the DLH.

Here's the route. It'll probably take about 10 minutes. Security screening tents are just across the street to the right of the oval/circle thing that's at the top left part of the route marked in blue. As of a couple of years ago, you now can no longer cut through the GCH on your way TO DL, but you CAN cut through the GCH on your way BACK to PPH.

Here's the route. It'll probably take about 10 minutes. Security screening tents are just across the street to the right of the oval/circle thing that's at the top left part of the route marked in blue. As of a couple of years ago, you now can no longer cut through the GCH on your way TO DL, but you CAN cut through the GCH on your way BACK to PPH.

View attachment 498446

That map is NOT correct. There is no entrance to DTD from Disneyland Drive where that line is drawn.

I must have had a brain fart. It wasn't moved. That's where it was the whole time. LOL.

I walked to the parks from the Hilton Anaheim in August going down Disneyland Dr. From Paradise Pier, the entrance by EoS is very easy and not that far.

Also, that entrance was so easy to get through security. We always just walked right up to a spot and through with maybe one person in front of us, if that.

View attachment 498384
Thanks! I normally stay on a hotel near Harbor so this entrance will be new to me.

It is really not that much of an extra walk. When we stayed at PP you were still able to cut through the GCH but we also went the route hi lighted on the above maps a number of times, nice walk and added maybe another 5ish mins in total. PP is a nice less expensive on site option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter