Park Crowds today [4/15/19] like turning on a faucet

disndatworld

Mouseketeer
I presume this is the typical crowds for running up to Easter weekend. We saw double-waits on everything (including 3+ hrs on FOP).

We used our FP's at DHS watched a couple of shows and left for a swim and lunch. Back this afternoon for another FP but WOW.

We leave next Friday the 26th but aren't even planning on visiting a park til Monday the 29th as next week isn't a rose garden either. We always stay away from week before/week after the holidays except for the week after Thanksgiving has been pretty good for us on past trips.

So weird, we did AK yesterday and it was nowhere near as bad as previous spring break visits before Pandora, nor pre-Christmas week when we've gone. And today at Epcot wasnt bad either, we actually had the most relaxed Epcot day we have ever had. Granted we have been during wall to wall people times at spring break. I will have to read EasyWDW tweets. Tomorrow is one of our MK days, but Im not worried. :)

This thread is making me smile...we are here now :) and having a good plan makes a difference! It is crazy busy for sure, but we knew that coming in. (Hey, we have no control over when school vacation or Easter is!) We rope dropped Soarin, then did Living with the Land with no wait. Had FP for Test Track, then FP for Nemo (longest FP line I have ever seen for that ride, crazy!) then last FP was for Figment. Still had time to enjoy the topiaries, gardens, and butterflies before lunch at Via Napoli at 11:30. Headed back to resort for a pool break but grabbed a FP for Frozen tonight before we see Night Ranger!!!! (So excited). Yes, it’s busy, but we are still having an amazing time!!!

I've been following EasyWDW Twitter feed and oh my god no thank you.

Yep, I saw on my lines app MK was a crowd level 10. I think Barnstormer was a 78 minute wait this morning:scared1:. I’m always off for the Easter week and every year I hear about the crowd libels and am like, I’ll pass. Glad to hear people who are there are having a ball despite the huge crowds.:flower1:

Last edited:
Easter makes all the difference. We went this week last year when Easter was weeks earlier and the crowds were fine - although planning also helped minimize waits. DD's school always has this particular week off- I think our next spring break window where Easter is weeks before this is in 2021.

This thread is making me smile...we are here now :) and having a good plan makes a difference! It is crazy busy for sure, but we knew that coming in. (Hey, we have no control over when school vacation or Easter is!) We rope dropped Soarin, then did Living with the Land with no wait. Had FP for Test Track, then FP for Nemo (longest FP line I have ever seen for that ride, crazy!) then last FP was for Figment. Still had time to enjoy the topiaries, gardens, and butterflies before lunch at Via Napoli at 11:30. Headed back to resort for a pool break but grabbed a FP for Frozen tonight before we see Night Ranger!!!! (So excited). Yes, it’s busy, but we are still having an amazing time!!!
Epcot for us today too! Rope dropped Soarin, used our Nemo FP, actually got to see all the fish tanks including manatees without stressing where our kids were in a crowd, Mission Space Orange with FP, actually took the time to make a video postcard after Mission Space and the kids played a few rounds of the big Mission Space video game together as a family, went to Club Cool for free Coca Cola samples from around the world, went to the butterfly garden and held butterflies, rode Test Track with FP and while in line got a 2nd test track FP for tonight, snacked and drank around the World while our kids did the eggstravaganza scavenger hunt, shopped in the Japan marketplace, talked to several Japanese people who wrote our kids names in Japanese. Left, break for swimming and video games/rest. Heading back now for dinner amd more family time. :)

And my friend who was at MK today, I asked her after seeing EasyWDW tweets, she said, "I wouldn't say that at all. I mean it's no more crowded than the other times I've been here " From watching the video of the "keep right" parade, I was even thinking "that isnt even crowded between PP and Small World!" At least not by our standards for Spring Break.

It is early yet, not even 3pm yet. Look at wait times after 5pm when the locals get off work :)
Honestly, on the busier days, it gets busy by noon or so as of late. If it isn't busy by 3 PM, it isn't going to be too bad the rest of the day.

We’ve been doing WDW during busy times (Easter and Thanksgiving) for our last 5 or 6 trips. It doesn’t really affect us if we get good fast passes and/or rope drop. Navigating is more challenging, sure, and we’re not likely to do FOP stand-by in the middle of the day, but we probably weren’t doing that without “10” crowds. That is to say, a 210 minute wait (seen today for FOP) is no worse to us than a 120 minute wait.

I can see if you’re used to small crowds here that what happens during the peak times is overwhelming, but it’s not unmanageable if you come in prepared and with a game plan.

How were lines for the F&G food booths? If you happened to notice that is...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter