Park Day Planning Advice

klwdisney

DIS Veteran
I am on the fence about booking a weekend trip. We would be arriving Sat 11/3 and would be at the parks Sat, Sun & Mon, going home on Tues 11/6. We'd be staying offsite (GASP! I know!) possibly at the Clarion Suites Main Gate if the reviews are good. One crowd calendar I saw showed 7/10 for Sat, 6/10 for Sun, and 5/10 for Mon. I'm thinking a 3 day base pass. Based on what I was looking at and the 10 year old boy I'll be bringing with me... maybe Animal Kingdom Saturday (we're travelling early and the park closes earlier), Epcot Sunday, and Studios Monday. What do you think?

(also... is that clarion gross??)

That is a Food and Wine Sunday at Epcot, I'd probably do Epcot on Monday instead.

I may end up getting 2 day passes and skipping Epcot altogether. that plan was because a) the boy wants epcot and i love the f&w and b) the studios is the definitely no park for that day and it's a must see for the boy.

Have you ridden Pandora? If not, I would move AK to a day that you can be there early enough to rope drop.

I have!! And it's AWESOME!! And a "must do" if we can manage it! I haven't 100% decided to book what I found. I almost want to hold off to see if I can get on property or at least closer and if maybe the flight prices come down. I'm very nervous about caving to this urge and spending what seems like a crazy amount of money for a weekend that I most likely will spend standing in line. lol But I just SO need to go back!

I went for a 1 day trip last August (2017) with my oldest son. We bought his ticket the day of and had an amazing time. I don't remember what all was ridden but I do know that FOP, EE, Dinosaur, ToT, ST, RNRC, SPACEX2, Peoplemover, COP and Pirates were included. And we went back to the room to change clothes between each park (it was a little warm it being August and all). Even though his one day ticket cost a bit over 180.00 I would do it again in a second. Don't stress about FP+ or ADRs. A great time can be had without either.

I have!! And it's AWESOME!! And a "must do" if we can manage it! I haven't 100% decided to book what I found. I almost want to hold off to see if I can get on property or at least closer and if maybe the flight prices come down. I'm very nervous about caving to this urge and spending what seems like a crazy amount of money for a weekend that I most likely will spend standing in line. lol But I just SO need to go back!

If I were in your position, I'd do HS on Saturday, AK on Sunday, and Epcot on Monday.

Being offsite, you'll want to make Sunday your AK day. There are EMH on both Saturday and Monday, so you'll have no shot at a good Pandora rope drop for either of them.

HS also has morning EMH on Monday, so if you want to RD the TSL rides (you'd have to be seriously lucky to grab someone's dropped FP to get SDD at this point), avoid Monday. HS also has a fairly early close on Saturday (well, every day, actually).

Epcot will be bustling with F&W over the weekend, and the runners and their friends/family have an after-hours event late on Sunday which they'll be sleeping off on Monday morning. You best chances of lower crowds will be on Monday, especially with EMH at AK and HS drawing the on-site visitors to those parks.

No MK?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter