Park entrance and security changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have insights as to why they are making this change for AK? I always thought that entry security and the tram location was pretty good there... why mess up a good thing? I agree Epcot definitely needs some adjusting its a huge bottleneck... MK could be better too.

Does anyone have insights as to why they are making this change for AK? I always thought that entry security and the tram location was pretty good there... why mess up a good thing? I agree Epcot definitely needs some adjusting its a huge bottleneck... MK could be better too.
This is to create more permanent security areas. Animal Kingdom can get pretty congested early in the day.

:conspiracy theory #1: Room for alternate transport station within security bubble.

Does feel like all the changes are moving security further away from the entrance to the park and, at least in some cases, splitting it up.

So part of that could be so that at least some forms of transportation clear security before getting to the park (like is done at MK now). Certainly no guarantee and likely only part of the reason if true

What if all the bus traffic was pre screened at the resort before loading? It would be a pain at the resorts with multi stops.

Definitely seems like a curious move. Not that it isn't needed, but knowing how much money they are spending on so many things, I find it odd that this is a current priority, at that park.

Looks like they are pushing gates out closer to the parking lot as well. The last pic in the linked article shows that. That has a few other implications:
1. Rfc would be behind the gate requiring a park admission and reduces foot traffic of people walking through the restaurant to skip the longer lines at the main gate (ymmv)
2. Potentially they could change the entire experience between the gate and the crest of the hill where you first see the tree of life. I get some of the theming here but it’s a pretty long walk uphill and underutilized space in a theme park. More animals would be a welcome addition.

What if all the bus traffic was pre screened at the resort before loading? It would be a pain at the resorts with multi stops.

Definitely seems like a curious move. Not that it isn't needed, but knowing how much money they are spending on so many things, I find it odd that this is a current priority, at that park.
Seems impractical especially for resorts like CBR or POR and others where there are multiple stops per resort. That truly would be an inconvenient convenience.

Hopefully plans eventually include moving the ticket booths further from the gate at AK. That whole area gets awful congested awful early even on "lower" crowd days.
Not sure that will happen. I don't believe thats happening at DHS and those parks are similar in how close the gate/booths are.

I'm all for anything that would make the wait for the security lines shorter. Last time I was at AK, although it was September-a traditionally slow time, the security lines were horrendous!

They have to make things more enjoyable, even the security lines. Maybe they can make it so I'm not picked for a random check EVERY SINGLE TIME.

I couldn't pick it up in this article, but hope this sets up for a complete, 100% coverage, metal (or other) detection system for each park. I think the last time visiting AK, we went through Rainforest and don't recall a detector.

I'm all for anything that would make the wait for the security lines shorter. Last time I was at AK, although it was September-a traditionally slow time, the security lines were horrendous!

I was there in May, our bus got stuck in traffic and then the security lines were awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!