Park Shoes

MantaRider

Mouseketeer
Hey all,

What kind of shoes do you wear to the park? I'm ideally looking for something that I won't have to change out of if it rains and my feet get wet.

I'll go with my usual daily wear, a pair of Merrill mid-height hiking boots. They claim to be waterproof, but it hasn't rained here since I got 'em so I can't vouch for them for sure. My daughter swears by hers, though, and wears them in the snow in Flagstaff.

I tried Keen sandals on my August trip and I found them good. I was looking for something that was breathable, would dry out quickly, and wouldn't rub my feet. The Keens did the trick for me. I wore them every day no matter the weather.

I tried Keen sandals on my August trip and I found them good. I was looking for something that was breathable, would dry out quickly, and wouldn't rub my feet. The Keens did the trick for me. I wore them every day no matter the weather.
That's what I'm thinking of doing. I would like to do boat shoes or something but I don't think they'd be comfortable all day. And modern ones don't really dry out anyway

I also wear Keen sandals. If they get wet, it's breathable and dry quickly. They are my go to park shoes.

I have a couple of pairs of Teva sandals. Very comfortable for all day wear and the ones I have dry very quickly. I recently came across some Sketchers that I think I might want to try to next time (cheaper than Teva, but still cute and comfortable).

My DH wears Frye sandals to the parks. They are a little pricier than some, but I've been wearing the brand for ages and they hold up SO well! Apparently, the men's shoes do too. Cost per use, right?

I have narrow feet so I'm less help about women's shoes. We're going back next week to make up a horrible trip in August to the kids, and right now I have varying sandals, espadrilles, and even a pair of heels packed...by varying the shoes up, I've never had an issue with my feet hurting. Like a PP, the time I wore socks and sneakers I got terrible blisters, but like that poster, I also generally hate socks and tights and things on my feet. Changing shoes during the midday break is a huge help!

I'm really leaning towards getting some nice sandals, since I won't have to change shoes if it rains. I might try out some water resistant walking shoes too but that seems like a bit much

Hey all,

What kind of shoes do you wear to the park? I'm ideally looking for something that I won't have to change out of if it rains and my feet get wet.
crazy, but I buy a new pair of real nice flip flops. can walk all day in them.

I'll go with my usual daily wear, a pair of Merrill mid-height hiking boots. They claim to be waterproof, but it hasn't rained here since I got 'em so I can't vouch for them for sure. My daughter swears by hers, though, and wears them in the snow in Flagstaff.
I second going with Merrill hikers. My wife uses Nike RN Flyknit and loves those for a long day of walking--they also dry out quickly.

I always just wear regular sneakers, but for stuff that dries easily my kids wear Crocs or Natives.

It's been years, but I wore sandals the last few times I went down and didn't have a problem. I just made sure the sandals had thick sols for nice cushion.

Any Nike walking, running, lifestyle shoes.

Sandals are for lounging. Not for walking miles in the park. Loafers could do the job. But I’d rather be comfortable tan stylish.

I wear Teva’s if I may get wet. Walking shoes help me too (Brooks have great support.)

I'd like to come back to this and add in what I now wear living in FL - breathable sneakers, and good sandals. Break them both in and alternate what you need. Always worth it to have a good bag with you if you go all day anyways

Going in 2 weeks and I plan on wearing my Hoka's, running sneakers with an extra thick sole - I figure I'll put in at least 10 miles a day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter