Parking at Boardwalk to eat with no ADR

jodyb

DIS Veteran
We are planning to visit the Boardwalk on our arrival day. We're staying off-site and renting a car. My plan is to arrive at our hotel (Fairfield Inn Lake Buena Vista) around 3 PM, check in and then to and spend a couple of hours walking around the Boardwalk / YC/BC/Swan/Dolphin area and having ice cream at Ample Hills and dinner - probably at Crews Club Lounge at YC or Big River Grill at BW or The Fountain at the Dolphin since they don't require reservations.... my question is - where can I park to do this? Without ADR will the YC or BW allow us to park for a couple of hours?

If it is just two of you I would suggest uber. So easy and probably less expensive than valet parking

If it is just two of you I would suggest uber. So easy and probably less expensive than valet parking

Hmmm so there is no free parking at YC or BW for outside guests? I'm renting a car to avoid Uber, etc... I remember it being possible to park free if you had a dining reservation. My question is, what if you are dining without a reservation...?

I have never had trouble parking at the Boardwalk without reservations. I have spent many nights there at either the ESPN club or Jellyrolls.

I have never had trouble parking at the Boardwalk without reservations. I have spent many nights there at either the ESPN club or Jellyrolls.

Thank you! Were you staying off site? The stuff I'm seeing now says "free for Disney Resort guests and $25 for Valet" and doesn't mention the likes of me :( May I ask how recently you have been there, and were you questioned when you came into BW parking lot and given a time limit? Thanks!

Hmmm so there is no free parking at YC or BW for outside guests? I'm renting a car to avoid Uber, etc... I remember it being possible to park free if you had a dining reservation. My question is, what if you are dining without a reservation...?
I'd use Lyft.
If you go with driving and self parking, it's a bit of the roll of the dice. Less so during slower times, more so during food and wine and holidays. You can always valet, though.

Most recently was 2017. We visited the Boardwalk three times without ADRs during that trip. We were staying on property, however.

I have done the same while staying off property - though the last time was over 10 years ago.

You may or may not be able to park for free at the Epcot resorts. Their parking lots are not huge, and obviously they need to reserve some space for that guess actually staying at the hotel. Rather than arriving at the hotel and not being allowed to park, using a car service would avoid that. You could also park for free at Disney Springs, and take the resort bus.

Park at BW. BW is open to all guests. The BWEntertainment is available to everyone.

If the main lot is full, there is an overflow lot across the street. In addition of course to the valet parking. Which would be cheaper than uber or lyft

Have a great time!

You could also park for free at Disney Springs, and take the resort bus.

This is my thought. When I have an AP, sometimes I park at DHS and walk or take the boat. (Would have to walk back if DHS is closed when you leave, though.)

But you can check to see if the gate guard allows you to park at BWV if you have time. But between hotel guests and the rude people parking there to go to Epcot, it does get crowded.

If it's during a super crowded park day, they likely won't let you park at the resorts without an ADR because so many people do that and then go into the park, taking up the parking spots for guests.

If it's during a super crowded park day, they likely won't let you park at the resorts without an ADR because so many people do that and then go into the park, taking up the parking spots for guests.
This is the "Official Policy", but we have never been turned away from a resort we wanted to look at. But we also have never been there during absolute peak times.

Park at BW. BW is open to all guests. The BWEntertainment is available to everyone.

If the main lot is full, there is an overflow lot across the street. In addition of course to the valet parking. Which would be cheaper than uber or lyft

Have a great time!
Are you positive? We will be local soon and very much enjoy hanging out on the boardwalk. I do not mind going to overflow parking. What I want to avoid is being turned away at the guard gate. We have so much to learn.

For us uber is cheaper than valet. From our future house a round trip uber ride to the boardwalk is around $25 round trip including a good tip. We are so excited about this

I have seen cars... many cars... turned away from parking at the Boardwalk even WITH reservations and only resort guests being allowed in. This was during Food and Wine. Which I think is the right thing to do so people staying there can find parking since they are paying the cost to stay there.

I have seen cars... many cars... turned away from parking at the Boardwalk even WITH reservations and only resort guests being allowed in. This was during Food and Wine. Which I think is the right thing to do so people staying there can find parking since they are paying the cost to stay there.
I have no problem with this to a degree. I do not like that it is not consistent and if we cannot part at the resort where to we park to enjoy the restaurants and lounges in the boardwalk area?

If going to the MK resorts we can park at the TTC - although I do get concerned about how late we can stay in the lounges and still get back to our car.

When we visited on vacation we uber. We will soon be local and can’t always not drive ourselves.

I have been turned down one day, and allowed to park the next. This was when I was doing a split onsite off site stay.

It may all depend on the time of the year you are going to be there. During F&W, probably not. But there really isn't that much to do or see to spend more that 1.5 hours including dining at the BW,

We have gone to the Boardwalk twice in the last week (aka crowded and food and wine fest) and parked without any issues. They didn't even ask us for ID or anything.

Both were Sunday nights around 6pm. Plenty of parking available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter