Parking at Radisson vs. Port

musical_gator

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone had thoughts about parking for a 7 day cruise. We are driving from Atlanta for the June 7 Western Magic so we have some flexibility. By staying at the Radisson for about $100, we get room, free parking and a shuttle to the port. Or we could stay at a less expensive place (still gonna pay $50-60) and pay to park at the port ($70). We have parked at the port before and felt very secure that the car would be safe. Does anyone have thoughts on how safe the car woul be left at the Radisson?

Happy cruising!

Many, many DIS'ers park at the Radisson for their cruises. But, many also just book the room and not the room/cruise parking rate. The Radisson does not seem to mind if you leave your car there when booking just the room. So, if you can find a cheaper rate that does not include the cruise parking at the Radisson, try for it. The shuttle service is complimentary no matter what room rate you book.

The hotel itself is very nice...we have stayed there 3 times already. We have had the regular room and also the 2 king bed jacuzzi suite which are great!!!

MJ

Musical,

I plan to park my car at the Radisson for the June 7 Western. You can get a room for $79 bucks, and park your car there for the cruise with free transportation to/from the port. Think of it this way, you're getting a nice hotel room for $9 (versus the price of staying somewhere else AND paying to park).

I have stayed at this hotel many times for work trips (but never for a cruise :(, and it is a nice property. Go for the whirlpool suite if you can still get it (I reserved for $99 using advice I read on this discussion board). They even have 1 and 2-king bed whirlpool suites available (11 rooms on the property are 2-king whirlpool suites I was told).

I happen to be staying there again for work (a conference) June 21-28, and the rooms are going fast!

Good luck,

Genie

I take it those of you that have parked there have felt your vehicle was just as safe as parked at the port (where it seems a bit more secure) - any comments on vehicle safety.

The Radisson lot is not fenced off like the lot at the port, with strict access controls (like an airport). The lot is patrolled by security and there are security cameras around the complex.

I was told by the front desk staff the Radisson does not put a special sign in your window announcing to the world "I'm gone for the week." If I remember correctly, you do get a mirror hanger with the length of stay (I presume they mark it good for the entire week, even if you're staying only one night and parking).

I plan to park my car in the front of the hotel somewhere near the lobby, where the most hotel traffic is. If not there, then beside the conference center near the kitchens (I have always seen staff lingering around outside there).

I also plan to park under a light. Also, don't leave anything in the car that would invite a thief, like keys, purses & wallets, expensive stereos/TVs, etc.

We stayed at the Radisson before our Carnival cruise and left our vehicle there, by the conference center. We were not given a "length of stay" ticket to hang from our rear view mirror, nor do I think they put anything on our window saying we were "gone for the week." We paid $99 for a king whirlpool suite and the room was beautiful, as were the pool area and grounds of the hotel. Shuttle service to the cruise terminal was great (we were signed up for the 11:00 shuttle but were able to take the 10:30 instead) but the service coming BACK to the hotel AFTER the cruise was NOT good. We ended up coming back (at $3 per person) on the TraveLynx bus instead, as we got tired of waiting for a Radisson shuttle. :mad: For our Disney cruise, we just parked at the terminal and paid the $70. We appreciated being able to leave, after the cruise, WHEN WE WANTED to and not being at the mercy of the Radisson shuttle service.

We have done both. Last January we stayed at a Comfort Suite and parked at the port. THis past October we stayed at the Raddison- $59 regular room thanks to this board- and parked there. We had no problems with the shuttle at all. We were at the port about 10:30 (1st in line to board:jester: ) The shuttle going back was there quickly- we waited less than 5 minutes. You can take the Avis shuttle as well as the one marked Raddison. We had late breakfast in the dining room and were still pulling out of the Raddison parking lot by 9:00.

Our car was fine being left and we had no problems. I would stay there again withou hesitating.

I asked this same question before our 1/25 cruise, as my DH was VERY nervous about leaving the car there. I got nothing but positive responses, but DH still had doubts. We got to the Radisson and he just felt comfortable once there leaving our car. It was safe and sound in our awesome parking spot when we returned and the shuttle system works great.

My friend and I are going on a (non-Disney :( ) budget cruise out of Port Canaveral and my DH now feels very safe that we are staying at the Radisson and leaving the car there.

Should I call hotel directly or is there some sort of DIS code I need to get the $79 room?

Try the code "FALL" -- it was still working the other day, at least for the end of March.

The code I've seen reported were "Visit Florida STE" and also the code "FALL". "AAA" will work but if your not a "AAA" member you might have trouble at check-in.

Here's how I did it...

1) Go to http://www.radisson.com

2) On the "Make Reservation" tab on the left side of the screen, enter "Port Canaveral" for the city, your dates, and number of guests and press the [Continue] button

3) On the next screen, the tab at the top left labeled "View Rates" is a hyperlink - press that, a listing of various rates will come up for various room combinations (the list is not complete, so don't give up yet!)

4) At the bottom of the listing in step 3), a magnifying glass with the text "View all Rates" is a hyperlink - press that

5) A complete listing of ALL available rates for your dates now displays -- select the one you want by pressing the [reserve ->] button

The screen that came up for me under "view all rates" had this info:

VISIT FLORIDA STE
1 BDRM STE-WHIRLPOOL IN BDRM-FRIDGE-MCRWV-1 NIGHT
99.00 USD per night

6) Select the suite room with the $99 rate (or any other room combination you wish or is available)

7) The next screen displayes asks for what type of room - here is what it showed me:

VISIT FLORIDA STE : Room Options
The following room options are available to choose from:

o 1 KING BED - NON-SMOKING (SOFABED)
1 BDRM STE-WHIRLPOOL IN BDRM-FRIDGE-MCRWV

o 2 KING BEDS - NON-SMOKING (SOFABED)
1 BDRM STE-WHIRLPOOL IN BDRM-FRIDGE-MCRWV

8) I selected the 2 King suite and pressed [continue] button from there.

You will then go over a secure connection to finish your reservation!

I just made a reservation and the 'fall' code still works. I got the room for $79.00 (we are getting in too late to need the whirlpool room although it was $99.00). This is great that you can use the code even though our cruise is not until June 7!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter