Parking at resorts??

DisneyParkLover

DIS Veteran
Okay, so I am pretty familiar with all the rules, but I am still a little confused about resort parking. If we are staying offsite, but wanted to visit a friend at Bay Lake Tower, is there a limit to how long we can visit? Is there a specific time we have to be gone so it doesn’t count as”overnight”? If we wanted to leave our car there and take a boat to lunch at Wilderness Lodge could we do that or do we physically have to stay at BLT? Could we wander over to MK guest services as long as we weren’t actually “going” to a park? And if we did leave for lunch, etc. is there a limit to how long we can be gone? TIA!

I am still a little confused about resort parking. If we are staying offsite, but wanted to visit a friend at Bay Lake Tower, is there a limit to how long we can visit?

They might require you to valet park. BLT (and CR) are very strict with parking. If you pay to park, there is no limit.

If we wanted to leave our car there and take a boat to lunch at Wilderness Lodge could we do that or do we physically have to stay at BLT?

Only if you valet parked. When guest parking is permitted, it is for ADRs or to visit BLT. It is not to be used as convenient parking to go elsewhere.

If you have an AP, you might want to park at the TTC and monorail over to visit them and wander freely.

But at lot of your suggestions would likely be a big inconvenience to the other guests at BLT.

I’m going to say if you are visiting a guest of BLT, and you and those guests are going to lunch at Wilderness Lodge, you will be fine.

Because they are pretty strict, I would assume they will ask you the guests name to confirm they are indeed staying at BLT. But once you are in and parked, I don’t believe you will have any trouble

I agree with SandiSW, but they may put a 2 to 3 hours time restriction on you. That is pretty much the norm at Monorail resorts...you need a reason for being there (if they have parking available) and a time limit. Especially in a busy season, and really, every season is getting busy these days.

I had a near HH studio reserved at OKW for June 2020, yesterday the person going with said if I could upgrade to a 2 bedroom lock-off, he'd pay my flight, get me a military salute ticket, and bring his ex-wife and grand daughter along and pay their way as well (That's being a wonderful grand dad.). There were two bedrooms lock-offs available, but none in the near HH category at 9 months out! So I booked what I could and requested ground floor or elevator building, since none of us, except the grand-daughter, are spring chickens. ;) Now the hard part is going to be telling the parents that their daughter is going to Disney without them... :rolleyes1

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!