Parking Fee at Parks before check-in

Samsma

DIS Veteran
If you were to show your reservation form showing that you will check in on site that same day, is your parking at the parks free?

It should be!

As we are driving through the gates, we just tell the person standing there that we are checking in....we've never had a problem.

I believe you have to check in first to get the guest parking pass that you place inside the windshield on the dashboard of your car. Though I have come across CMs manning the parking plazas who will interpret the rules a bit loosely. I just wouldn't count on it. :earsboy:

Bruce

You should check in first anyway. That way you can leave your luggage there and get the resort working on readying your room.

You can check-in before check-in time. They will give you your Room "keys" (Really Cards) and a number to call to check if your room is ready. They will also give you a pass to put in your windshield so you don't have to pay to park at any of the parks.

When you come back later, when your room is ready, you don't have to stop at the desk, just at bell services to have them bring up your luggage. Your keys (cards) will just work at your door.

Have a good trip!
Cindy in NY

In December, we went to MGM before checking in at the GF. We just showed our confirmation # and we did not pay to park.

Can I park for free at the parks if I am staying at the Swan and/or Dolphin? I bet not since they are not Disney owned, so how much is parking at the parks? This is not something I have budgeted for. Ooops.

Thanks for your help!

It would be much easier to take the bus or boat to the parks from Swan or Dolphin. Then you can just leave your car at the hotel. :)

Guests of the Swan and Dolphin also receive free parking at the parks. This is also true if anyone in your party is an Annual Pass holder.

You guys are just the best! Thanks for all the info. I can't believe how much time and money these boards have saved me!!

Thanks again!!

In the event you get one of the parking CM's who insist on charging you, pay the $7 and bring the parking receipt with you to the resort front desk when you check in. They will credit you for the $7 on your bill. Disney resorts will do this but I'm not sure that the Swan and Dolphin will.

Just out of curiosity...why would you want to go to the parks before checking in? I have only stayed in Deluxes, so can you not leave your luggage at the Moderates or All-Stars?

It just seems a bit out of the ordinary not to swing by your resort, check-in, leave your luggage with the bellman, and then scoot over to the parks without having to worry about unloading the car later after a day at the park. Who knows, you might get lucky and your room will be ready.

Brian

Originally posted by DemoBri1
Just out of curiosity...why would you want to go to the parks before checking in? I have only stayed in Deluxes, so can you not leave your luggage at the Moderates or All-Stars?
Brian
you can leave your luggage at any of the resorts. We've done it 2X at ASMu with no problem at all. The second time they even plugged our electric cooler up in the room for us. the "competion's" resorts won't bring up your luggage until you are in your room and call for it.

We will be coming of a DCL cruise of 7 days, and only have 3 days at the parks. We will be arriving at about 9:30 from Port Canaveral, and I am doubtful that the room would be ready anyway. After leaving EPCOT, we would just stay at AKL the rest of the evening watching animals, swimming, etc. Just don't want to waste any time, but might change my mind later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter