Parking near Casa Loma

Disney Addicted

DIS Veteran
My husband & I are attending an event at Casa Loma on Friday evening. There doesn't look like a lot of parking spaces there and we figure they will be filled before we arrive. I was using Google Maps yesterday trying to figure out if we could park nearby and walk or take a taxi there. Any suggestions? We're driving from Bowmanville and need to be there 7:30 pm latest. I do not finish work until 4 pm and need to rush home; shower; change so I'm hoping if we leave at 5 pm, we can still make it.

I attended a friend’s wedding there years ago, and we didn’t have any issues parking onsite. However, I guess it depends on the event and number of guests. I would contact/email Casa Loma about their parking options.

There is a loblaws that has a large covered parking area to it, I don't personally drive in the area so I don't know anything about the usage rules but that could be something to look into. I put the info into google maps and it shows a 15 minute walk between the two places.

There is a loblaws that has a large covered parking area to it, I don't personally drive in the area so I don't know anything about the usage rules but that could be something to look into. I put the info into google maps and it shows a 15 minute walk between the two places.

@Silvermist999 is correct in posting that there is a fairly large parking garage right on the property and my guess is you will be fine for a spot.

However if that is full you are smart to have a back up plan.

I am not sure how late the event goes until I would be cautious about parking at the Loblaws after hours. It might have a pay to park section up and in the back towards St Mikes school but I cannot remember. I do know it has posted every where that parking is for customers only.

There are a couple of places down near George Brown just below/south east and west of Casa Loma. The only thing is the hill is a killer to walk up. You can take the Baldwin Steps too, they go from Davenport and Spadina right to the back gardens of Casa Loma. 275 Howland which is near the Tarragon Theatre to the south west and probably a 5 minute walk for able bodies or 251 Macpherson which is a little longer and to the south east.

There is a little bit of on-street parking below and to the west in front of a little plaza that has a Tim Hortons/Pizza Nova and convenience store right on Davenport just to the east of Bathurst but I think there are something like 5 spots and I do not know the regulations to park there off hand.

I really do think you will be fine to park right on site though. Good luck!

Thanks everyone! I'm hoping to park right on-site as well. I figure there will be easily 400 people for this event, and when I talked with someone at Casa Loma, there are other events happening as well. Ours goes until 11 PM.

Yesterday I sat down to figure this out. Depending on the time we get close my first choice is right at Casa Loma. I looked at George Brown (as suggested above) and found there is a ton of parking there along MacPherson. That hill though.. in a dress and heels! :scared:

My husband suggested I look up the closest Green P parking lots. It turns out there's one shortly after we exit the DVP (Aylmer/Belmont on Yonge), plus another not much further away. He likes the idea of parking there and taking an Uber or Taxi to Casa Loma and back.

Cross your fingers and wish us luck that we get there quickly and that tonight is our lucky night!

Thanks everyone! I'm hoping to park right on-site as well. I figure there will be easily 400 people for this event, and when I talked with someone at Casa Loma, there are other events happening as well. Ours goes until 11 PM.

Yesterday I sat down to figure this out. Depending on the time we get close my first choice is right at Casa Loma. I looked at George Brown (as suggested above) and found there is a ton of parking there along MacPherson. That hill though.. in a dress and heels! :scared:

My husband suggested I look up the closest Green P parking lots. It turns out there's one shortly after we exit the DVP (Aylmer/Belmont on Yonge), plus another not much further away. He likes the idea of parking there and taking an Uber or Taxi to Casa Loma and back.

Cross your fingers and wish us luck that we get there quickly and that tonight is our lucky night!

If you need to park at George Brown, have your husband drop you off first before parking. Then he can also pick you up afterwards, no need to walk far in those heels! Hope you have a great evening!

Soooo @Disney Addicted how did you make out?

Unlucky! We didn't win any of the 4 trips or the grand $100,000 prize. :sad: Ah well. Onto the next contest! :D I'm always entering contests.

Not that I'm being creepy or anything .. i did see a post on Facebook and it looked like they were having a good time :P

**ETA .. that's what you get for making a public post :P

LOL - I almost forgot I posted that photo last night. Oh my gosh it was so crowded! Lots of food; generous with the drinks (we each had 3 coupons for any alcoholic drink we wanted); great music. Honestly too loud though. The music and Jamar were great but it was sooo hard to have conversations with anyone. As soon as Marilyn looked at the golden ticket and told the other two they were reading first name, second name, third name - we knew I hadn't won. I only put two names on my ticket. The lady who won (Gina) was so shocked and excited.

We left the house about 5:10 pm and arrived 6:45 pm at Casa Loma where we were happy to find there were still parking spots! There was another event happening at the same time (maybe 2) as well as the Haunted Walk in the gardens. It was about 10:40 PM when we left and only an hour drive to get home.

This made us realize we have not been to Casa Loma in over 20 years and have not taken our kids. I think we will take them this summer.

20191018_184743.jpg20191018_185152.jpg20191018_191537.jpg20191018_191544.jpg20191018_195803.jpg20191018_215220.jpg20191018_215259.jpg20191018_215459.jpg20191018_220140.jpg20191018_220829.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!