Parking not free for resort guests anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyElite4

DIS Veteran
We are here now. Staying at SSR. A CM just told my DH parking is no longer included for resort guests at the parks, and we have to pay for it now. This was in response to my DH asking for a parking pass for our dash. Now DH is freaking out - I told him that CM is confused, and it IS still free for resort guests. I'm assuming they just swipe our MagicBands at the parks to prove we are at a resort. I told him I would confirm with the DIS!

That was what happened when I was there in January, they checked our magic bands on the way into the parking lot. There was no longer any kind of parking pass at the resort.

Things could have changed since January, but I haven't heard that it has.

Maybe the CM thought you were asking for preffered parking?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/directions-parking/parking-costs/

Directions & Parking – Frequently Asked Questions

Q.

How much does it cost to park at the parks?

A.

View theme park parking prices, information and locations.

The rate depends on your vehicle type, but each theme park lot charges the same rate per day. Once you pay for the day, you may park at any of the other theme parks.

If you are a Guest of a Disney Resort hotel, you receive complimentary standard parking at Disney theme parks for the length of your Resort stay. You must present valid Disney Resort hotel identification to enter the parking lots. Complimentary standard parking is also included with select annual passes.

I have a more simple (guess) explanation.

CM's first day behind the resort counter.
Guest asks for a parking pass.
CM asks supervisor, "Where are the free parking passes?"
Supervisor: "Oh, we don't give those out anymore."
CM (who misinterprets the answer: ) "Sir, we don't offer that anymore."
And, the CM has been telling guests that ever since.

We got a paper parking pass at The Boardwalk, which I have just been showing to the parking booth CM as we drive in.

I have a more simple (guess) explanation.

CM's first day behind the resort counter.
Guest asks for a parking pass.
CM asks supervisor, "Where are the free parking passes?"
Supervisor: "Oh, we don't give those out anymore."
CM (who misinterprets the answer: ) "Sir, we don't offer that anymore."
And, the CM has been telling guests that ever since.
Yep.

And that is why you can never trust a CM to give you accurate information about anything that isn't directly related to their job.

Another confirmation that they are no longer issuing parking passes. I was there two weeks ago and had no issues parking at the park lots for "free".

Yep.

And that is why you can never trust a CM to give you accurate information about anything that isn't directly related to their job.
I disagree with the 2nd half of your statement. Knowing about parking IS directly related to the job of a CM working to check in a guest.
I agree about not trusting them but not about the rest. THEY SHOULD KNOW THIS! Basic Parking at parks is free to guests. Heck, print out a list of the top 10 things a front desk CM should know and this would be on it. Laminate the darn thing and put it at each station.

My daughter just came back and she had the paper pass. I like having those as they just wave you thru without having to stop and scan the bands.

I disagree with the 2nd half of your statement. Knowing about parking IS directly related to the job of a CM working to check in a guest.
I agree about not trusting them but not about the rest. THEY SHOULD KNOW THIS! Basic Parking at parks is free to guests. Heck, print out a list of the top 10 things a front desk CM should know and this would be on it. Laminate the darn thing and put it at each station.

Totally agree. CMs should definitely know this.

I usually cut CMs some slack on their knowledge of the vast details and policies about WDW. Most of the regulars on this board have probably studied Disney in more depth than any CM could possibly do until they're a few seasons into the job. But parking policy shouldn't be a point of confusion.

My daughter just came back and she had the paper pass. I like having those as they just wave you thru without having to stop and scan the bands.

I like having it too. I wonder why some resorts are still giving them while others have stopped.

What they should know and what they do know are two different things. The fact is that if you ask a front desk CM about anything that is not directly related to what they actually do on a daily basis, you're likely going to get bad information.

My guess is they're using up what they have left. Some resorts may have just trashed their leftovers while others opted to keep them for those who ask.

Seems like a reasonable thought, but those are printed per guest, with your name and stay dates on them.

My guess is they're using up what they have left. Some resorts may have just trashed their leftovers while others opted to keep them for those who ask.
They aren't fancy papers, just regular paper with a black and white image, any old printer could print it, no? They shouldn't have to come from the Disney sign and print department (we toured this during the Backstage Magic tour). They can even get 2 to a page. That's why I wonder if some resorts are just printing their own and others aren't

Kinda OT but I was trying to remember our last experience and what we did. Trying to remember...trying.... and I realized that I haven't driven into a park since 2004.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!