Parking Our Camper

GDUL

DIS Veteran
We will be coming down to WDW next summer. We are planning to camp at Fort Wilderness for a week but want to stay at a Disney resort for 3 days, either pre- or post-camping. Is there a place or resort where we can park our camper at Disney while we stay at the 3 days at the resort? Thanks in advance!

What about the overflow parking at the checkin/front desk building? I have seen many trailer types and RVs parked there. Not sure of what fee is involved, but even the resort will probably charge for the privilege.

We parked a large RV at the resort in the back of the parking lot. It was an extended family trip and we all rode down together but stayed in different rooms at a value resort. This was before Disney charged for parking so not sure how that would change it but there was plenty of room to park it.

What about the overflow parking at the checkin/front desk building? I have seen many trailer types and RVs parked there. Not sure of what fee is involved, but even the resort will probably charge for the privilege.
I do believe they will not let you in FW until that actual check in date for the resort.

Last year we stayed at the Fort for a week with our Class A, and then stayed at Copper Creek for 6 days. We kept the camper at Wilderness Lodge parking lot. They also said that if there was no room in that parking lot that we could use the Magic Kingdom parking lot for motorhomes and camper, but that was not needed. Before we got there they said we could leave the camper at the Fort but due to construction next door, that was not possible. We Had DVC reservations at Copper Creek so there we no parking fees.

Last year we stayed at the Fort for a week with our Class A, and then stayed at Copper Creek for 6 days. We kept the camper at Wilderness Lodge parking lot. They also said that if there was no room in that parking lot that we could use the Magic Kingdom parking lot for motorhomes and camper, but that was not needed. Before we got there they said we could leave the camper at the Fort but due to construction next door, that was not possible. We Had DVC reservations at Copper Creek so there we no parking fees.

Thank you for the info!

Appreciate the information as well as I will be in a similar situation in October. However, I was wondering if you made arrangements for parking after you arrived or prior to getting there and who did you reach out to for assistanc?

So we asked the Fort front office a year earlier when we were there, and they actually didn't know, and made some calls to someone to confirm that we could keep it there. They definitely were not familiar with our situation. I don't think it was part of any specific playbook they have.

But as for specific plans, there were none made. We are DVC members and had reservations at CC. So it was free parking. If your pulling a travel trailer or 5ver, I would check. I'm a 35 foot long Class A, not including the bicycles hanging off the back. I take up 2 parking spots back to back.

we have done this at the Yacht Club. they had us park our 32 ft class A with golf cart trailer at the Beach Club. we took up at least 5 or more parking spaces. plenty of parking even at Thanksgiving. i've seen RV's in almost every resort lot. we have a handicapped tag so no charge for parking which was nice. we asked at the Fort and they called the Yacht Club for us to find out where we could park. have fun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!