Parking question at HRH

frankiemom

DIS Veteran
I just received my reservation confirmation and it said on there $6 for self parking. Do I have to pay $6 a day to park at my hotel?:confused:

Originally posted by frankiemom
I just received my reservation confirmation and it said on there $6 for self parking. Do I have to pay $6 a day to park at my hotel?:confused:
Yes you do! They charge for parking. More hotels than you would imagine do this.

The good news is that if you don't bring a car you don't have to pay for parking. You'd be surprised at how many hotels include the parking charge even if you don't have a car!

Thanks but I think that is insane---the Disney resorts don't charge. I think if you pay all that money they should allow one car per family free!:earseek:

Disney includes the parking price in your daily rate whether you park or not. How is that fair? Disney also makes you wait in line.:p The HRH is comparable to the Yacht Club. It is unlikely that you would get Yacht Club for $179/night let alone get express access for every ride.

The Universal hotels (with discounts) are almost always much cheaper than the Disney deluxe hotels even after you include parking.

More of the offsite hotels are starting to charge for parking. I suspect it's only time before Disney joins them.

I read that if you park yourself that you will have a huge flight of stairs to walk to get to the hotel. Is there a elevator too? I have really bad knees, and need to know if there is an alternative. Yeah, I know, I will be walking MILES while at US/IOA, but there is a world of difference between walking on flat ground and doing stairs when your knees are this bad. I may just have to use the valet service.

You could park your car and go right in the back gate by the pool. That way you can enter the hotel from the back and take the elevator. Of course, you'll need your room key first to open the gate.

We always drop the luggage off at the front and then whoever is driving will park while the others go check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter