Please remove

Technically,yes. This is the official Disney language......

"Day Guests

Complimentary standard self-parking is available while enjoying select dining, shopping, entertainment, and recreation experiences at Disney Resort hotels."

Keep in mind that sometimes, during busy periods, they may turn you away with something like "resort guests only. I have had 1 or 2 occasions in the past where that happened.

I've really wanted to do one of these runs but I am never staying at the right resort on the day of the run. Given the more recent crack down on parking, it seems like the races at OKW SSR and POFQ are the ones that you shouldn't have any issues driving to. I think it might be more difficult to get access to the Boardwalk area resort runs.

Annecdotally I've seen a lot more posts on DVC boards that both the Epcot and MK area resorts are now rejecting anyone that doesn't have a confirmed dining reservations. Also we have a friend who's daughter works at Roaring Fork at WL and she says they have noticed a sizeable drop off in customers since Disney has started enforcing the policies more strictly.

Basically they turning away people at certain resorts that aren't staying there or don't have a confirmed dining reservation there. You shouldn't have any issues at French Quarter, but you may have an issue trying to park at Yacht Club. On the DVC facebook groups I only see issues with people complaining that they've been turned away from Boardwalk area resorts. Yacht club would fall into that catagory. You may be able to valet park at that resort if they won't let you in to use self parking. The Derby Dash is also the same time as the Regatta run and you won't have any issue parking at SSR.

We aren't regulars to WDW, what's been the recent crack down on parking? :rolleyes1

Our plan is to do the Port Orleans French Quarter, Beignet Dash and the Yacht & Beach Club, Regatta Run. After the Yacht & Beach club run we have a reservation at Ohana, but I don't think that will help us here
Both Port Orleans FQ and Y/B have numbers [different] you can call for pre-registration. I would try those and get the scoop on parking. They are both direct numbers to their respective recreation departments so I would think [hope] that they could help you on parking logistics.

579df9dc-6518-4560-85f1-812c980fab14-jpeg.350756

Last edited:
Are these every single week? Where do you keep up with these events? Is there a listing somewhere?

Are these every single week? Where do you keep up with these events? Is there a listing somewhere?
It can vary by resort so your best bet is to check directly with the resort and their recreation department [if they have one]. Also, I've seen start times change during different seasons. It's typically listed on the monthly resorts activities sheet that certain resorts have as well.

For FQ you will have no problems parking there. Just tell them that you are there for the fun run and they'll let you in. They'll only ask to see your driver's license. I'm not sure about the other runs, but if you say that's what you are there for, they seem to be letting people park. I think the only resort you would have a problem at would be if you went to the Boardwalk.

Also we have a friend who's daughter works at Roaring Fork at WL and she says they have noticed a sizeable drop off in customers since Disney has started enforcing the policies more strictly.

Oops on their part.

I want to report back that we were able to park at both FQ and YC without a problem (had to show our ID) when we stated we were doing the run.
I called the YC to ask about parking and they said we weren't allowed

Remember that you cannot call the resorts directly. You weren’t talking to anyone actually there. And that’s why they gave you such poor info.

Fwiw they always ask for ID or a magicband when you enter a resort gate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter