Parking

Can you get to these resorts without an ADR?...just to use the Valet?

I'm specifically thinking about the Contemporary or BLT so we could just walk to MK rather than do the boat or Monorail
Quite possibly yes. But on any given day, during a busy week or a convention, you might be told no. Having a Plan B is a good idea. An ADR is a safer way to go. I grabbed one for The Wave at 7:30.

Quite possibly yes. But on any given day, during a busy week or a convention, you might be told no. Having a Plan B is a good idea. An ADR is a safer way to go. I grabbed one for The Wave at 7:30.

Ya I would rather go with a sure thing. Thanks for the info.

Can you get to these resorts without an ADR?...just to use the Valet?

I'm specifically thinking about the Contemporary or BLT so we could just walk to MK rather than do the boat or Monorail

I did this last week. I parked one day at Poly, one day at GF, and one day at Contemporary without ADRs when Touring Plans had crowd levels of +8. Contemporary was the most different because the security guard called ahead to valet to report my make/color was approaching. It didn't bother me because I suspect enough people lie about entering to valet parking and then self park all day.

If you leave valet parking and think you may return same day, make sure you get a receipt so you can valet at any available resort without paying another $25.

Going back to the premier parking vs regular parking for first thing in the AM for rope drop...is there any real time saved for walking for any of the 4 parks?

I’m concerned that it will slow down getting through the gates. Now, instead of just taking a twenty and waving them through, parking attendants will have to make change. Guests will have to look for a couple of extra dollars when they expect parking to be $20. More people may pay with credit cards.

Hope they find a way to keep traffic moving.

I knew it!!

Waited nearly 40 minutes on a bus to MK today from the Dolphin. A friendly cast member at the bus line, who was doing everything he could to get buses to come, said one of the biggest problems was the buses couldn’t get through the toll gates because of traffic backups. He said ever since the parking price was raised to $22 the toll lines have been backing up badly because they now have to make change.

Someone should have consulted me before making this decision.

A friendly cast member at the bus line, who was doing everything he could to get buses to come, said one of the biggest problems was the buses couldn’t get through the toll gates because of traffic backups. He said ever since the parking price was raised to $22 the toll lines have been backing up badly because they now have to make change.
Very strange since the Disney buses have their own dedicated lane at the parks which means they aren't waiting for cars in front of them to get change.

Very strange since the Disney buses have their own dedicated lane at the parks which means they aren't waiting for cars in front of them to get change.
Right. I assume The CM knows that since he works bus transportation regularly.

He just said that ever since the new price increase went into effect the buses have been having trouble getting through the toll gates. I assumed he meant that it was taking more time for the buses to even get into their lane because traffic was backed up so badly. He seemed to be pretty experienced and know what he was talking about.

Right. I assume The CM knows that since he works bus transportation regularly.

He just said that ever since the new price increase went into effect the buses have been having trouble getting through the toll gates. I assumed he meant that it was taking more time for the buses to even get into their lane because traffic was backed up so badly. He seemed to be pretty experienced and know what he was talking about.

Traffic for MK was backed up Monday past the exit off World Drive for EPCOT, so this is certainly the case. Tuesday wasn't as bad as Monday, but it was still backed up past where the buses exit before the parking toll gate.

Traffic for MK was backed up Monday past the exit off World Drive for EPCOT, so this is certainly the case. Tuesday wasn't as bad as Monday, but it was still backed up past where the buses exit before the parking toll gate.
They really should go back to $20 for a few years then just raise it to $25. Both of those numbers make more sense for efficiency. $20 is so much easier than $25, but at least neither requires counting ones.

They really should go back to $20 for a few years then just raise it to $25. Both of those numbers make more sense for efficiency. $20 is so much easier than $25, but at least neither requires counting ones.

My son said they should have just jumped to $25 now. I can see the $22 being short lived and going to $25 before star wars opens.

Does driving in from Vista reduce your congestion at all?

But I guess it’s a pain to have to loop all the way around the parking lot.

I knew it!!

Waited nearly 40 minutes on a bus to MK today from the Dolphin. A friendly cast member at the bus line, who was doing everything he could to get buses to come, said one of the biggest problems was the buses couldn’t get through the toll gates because of traffic backups. He said ever since the parking price was raised to $22 the toll lines have been backing up badly because they now have to make change.

Someone should have consulted me before making this decision.

Was there last week and drove to MK two mornings. The traffic was backed up way past where the bus lane cuts away from the rest of the traffic - therefore holding up the buses. Another big problem is all the sheep who stay in the lanes even when the toll area opens up to multiple lanes. We stayed in the far right lane and zoomed past many and entered the toll booths on the right but so many stayed put in their original lanes, which backed up the traffic. They need to expand the lanes leading up to the toll booths.

We had the same situation at Epcot on Wednesday .... everyone stuck and sitting, even the buses until the lanes widened to the tolls then the buses could move right to their lane.

When I am staying off site and paying for parking, I always pay with a CC, so the amount of time it takes for me to pay and proceed through the booth is not impacted by the price of the parking.

When I am staying off site and paying for parking, I always pay with a CC, so the amount of time it takes for me to pay and proceed through the booth is not impacted by the price of the parking.
True. I would imagine that more people are now inclined to pay with a credit card because they can’t just hand over a $20 and be done with it. Credit card transactions take more time than handing over a single bill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!