• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

partial hook ups

ecolyer

Mouseketeer
We are looking forward to our WDW vacation the end of April, and again staying at FW. We have asked for loop 1500 again, and had hoped to get it. Reading message board I am concerned with the new FL law on RV grey water regulations. How is Disney handling these new regulations at the partial hook up sites? We have a popup, and have always used the 5 gallon bucket under the trailer to catch sink water. Maybe I should call and change to full hookup?? If Disney is enforcing greywater regulation, then all trailers should be in full hookup. Please respond if you have any info...

By the way, this is the BEST message board. Lots of good ideas!

During our last trip to FW in December, I sam many Pop Ups on partial sites but did not pay attention to their gray water containment method.

I can only offer several other sources of information:

My page on the Florida Department of Health Policy Note the link on the bottom of the page for the full text of the rule.

My Page on Gray Water Containers

Pop Up Times Message Board Lots of information for pop up owners.

The DOH policy requires the use of a container that can be sealed for transport to an approved sewage disposal system. In the case of FW, this would include any unoccupied full hook up space that you can dump in.

If it were me I would switch to a full hook up site and just get an adaptor for use with the sewer connection. I find it a lot more convienent to be able to forget about the gray water and not have to dump buckets/tanks.

We were there in February, and stayed at a partial hook-up site (in a pop-up). We used a closed gray water container, like one of the blue ones shown on Tim's site. However, we were really surprised to see how many people were either using the 5 gallon bucket method, or even just letting their gray water run out onto the ground. No-one from FW seemed to notice or care, but of course there's no guarantee that they won't *start* enforcing the new rules. (Given the fact that it *is* a state law now!)

Anyway, I'd suggest either buying a closed gray water container (I suggest one with wheels), or switching to a full hookup site.

Have a fun trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter