choirbird

Mouseketeer
Hello DisBoards!

This is my second trip and my first trip report, so please forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong forum. I'm waiting for my car to be serviced so I might as well write out my pre-trip report...and hopefully, updating it along the way might keep me company in lines! I have only 6 days (!!) left before I go "home" again.

I'm a teacher, so my options are: Christmas Break, Spring Break, and Summer. Wish me luck.

Friday, April 19: I'm flying out from NYC at 3, landing around 6. On my first trip, we took Magical Express, but this time I'm trying Uber. I only have 1 checked bag and a backpack so I hope it won't take too long before I'm on my way. I hope to arrive at All-Star Music by 7. We booked a Preferred room, so I hope it will be a short walk and also not too loud near the main pool. I have a sound machine just in case.

After throwing down my bags, I hope to head out to the Polynesian beach to see Happily Ever After from afar. If time allows, I might grab some dinner at Captain Cook's. Forums suggested I arrive by 8:30 to secure a good spot - time might be a little tight, but I think I can make it. MK is open until midnight, so I do have the option of heading into the park, but I will probably get to bed instead. I'll be taking Uber/Lyft or a Minnie Van both ways.

Saturday, April 20: I have a 7:45 ADR at Trattoria al Forno (Boardwalk) for Bon Voyage breakfast. I'm a little nervous about a solo character meal with face characters, but I trust they'll be good at their work and help me feel more comfortable. I may also cancel this if I decide that a conventional rope drop is a better bet - Epcot is predicted to be a "10" on Touring Plans this day, and since the highest level I saw on my August trip was a "5", I'm worried about losing touring time.

I plan on hitting up my favorites (Soarin', Spaceship Earth, Frozen, Gran Fiesta Tour) and maybe also Figment and Living with the Land before checking out the Flower and Garden Festival. Orange Bird sippers may be a silly fad, but they're awfully cute...so if they are still available I will try to obtain one before 11.

At some point I plan on hitting up Guest Relations, either at the International Gateway or somewhere else along the way. I need to bridge my ticket to an AP, get Tables in Wonderland, and see about getting an after-the-fact discount for a couple tours and things I've already booked. I hope it's relatively painless.

Next up will be Animal Kingdom. I might walk to the Beach Club and take a bus from there - they have a display of Easter eggs that might be cool (and less crowded than the park). I have a Hidden Mickeys app to keep me company!

I have FPs for Kali, Safari, and Na'vi, followed by an ADR at Yak & Yeti. I want to ride Dinosaur as well before seeing Rivers of Light. The park is open until 9:30 so I hope I can see Pandora at night too - last time I left before dark.

Sunday, April 21: Easter Sunday! I'm headed to the MK for an 8:05 Crystal Palace ADR! As I said before, I'm a little worried about solo character interactions, but I like Pooh, Eeyore, and Piglet and love Tigger, so I think it will be OK. I also appreciate entering the park without much of a line in the morning...and since there is a Fantasyland EMM that morning, it's one of the only days when park hours won't change.

I'm planning to start touring in Adventureland for Pirates and Jungle Cruise, then meet Mickey and Minnie in their birthday outfits (again, if I'm feeling OK with characters...last time I didn't stand in line for any but did 3 character meals). I might also get to ride Under the Sea before my FP for 7DMT (10:00). I also have FPs for Big Thunder and Peter Pan, but might be able to move those up and also hit Small World.

I'll leave MK at 1:00 and take the monorail to the Grand Floridian to see the Easter displays before 1:45 Afternoon Tea. I'm going to try to relax and pace myself (hard for me). I hope the Orchestra will play their 3:00 set. Time to head to Disney Springs to check out the shops (last time I only really saw The Boathouse and Homecomin' when we ate there) before dinner at Morimoto Asia at 6:15. I might consider doing Characters in Flight or just hanging out.

Monday, April 22: A FREE DAY??? WHAT??? I don't have specific plans for this day. If you couldn't tell by the many preceding paragraphs, I'm a bit of an over-planner. I want the freedom to decide what I want to do that day...perhaps DHS? Since I'll be solo, I think there's a decent chance that some FPs and ADRs will be available.

Eric's flight lands about 10:15, so he should be able to join me wherever I am. We have plans to attend the Happily Ever After Dessert Party (garden view). I love that show so much. For me, it's more about the slight reprieve from crowds and good viewing angle than the desserts. Before the show, we'll probably try to get some same-day FPs.

Tuesday, April 23: If it's rainy, we have backup FPs for Animal Kingdom...but if the weather looks good, we hope to head to Typhoon Lagoon! I've never been to a Disney water park (and haven't been to a water park at all in close to 20 years) and I'm a bit nervous. I've watched many videos and selected Typhoon Lagoon because it seems to have the most options for me to go on slides without submerging my head completely under water (I really don't like that). I will stay in the very shallow end of the wave pool as that looks quite intense, and won't go on the most adventurous slides, but the two family raft rides, Keelhaul Falls, and maybe even Crush 'n' Gusher look good as does the lazy river. We have dinner this night at Sanaa, and I'm looking forward to that a lot.

Wednesday, April 24: On this day, we have tickets to Early Morning Magic at Toy Story Land. I felt a little guilty about the $$ for this one initially, but now that SWGE will be open in August, this is probably our best opportunity to go for a while. We'll check in at 7 and have time to do everything in TSL and then ride Star Tours before breakfast, which is provided at Backlot Express. Last time we went to DHS we saw Muppets and Indiana Jones, which were cool, but we didn't get to do the Frozen sing-a-long or Walt Disney Presents. We might eat at Baseline Tap House before leaving the park...or maybe look for a same-day ADR at one of the other spots.

We'll head to the Magic Kingdom (by taking a bus to the Contemporary and walking) sometime around 1 - expecting somewhat heavy crowds. If we haven't had a chance to ride Pirates on Monday, we might want to hit that first (but may need to wait a while). We have FPs for Eric's favorite ride - Splash Mountain - at 2:15. It scares me a bit but makes him so happy that we'll do it anyway. We have a FP for 7DMT at 3:15 and will try to fit in Haunted Mansion (FP 5:15 but will try to move it up) and anything else we can before leaving the park by 6:00.

We have an ADR for Storybook Dining at Artist Point (7:10). I'm excited to explore Wilderness Lodge too. If I haven't mentioned it already, one of my goals for this trip is to explore the resorts more since we really only saw All Star Music and the Polynesian last time. However, I am feeling iffy on the menu here and *might* decide to cancel...

MK is open until 2am (!!) this night. We definitely won't be staying that long, but we could go back into the park if we want.

Thursday, April 25: One of the things I'm most excited for about this trip is happening today - Keys to the Kingdom tour! This tour was my birthday present for Eric - he loves behind the scenes stuff! The tour includes lunch but does not specify where...it will probably be a sort of meh QS, so I'm not really that concerned. We'll check in at 8, and might arrive even earlier because that's the opening time for MK. We should finish around 1:30.

It's time to head to Epcot - FPs begin at 3:30 for Soarin', Spaceship Earth, and Mission: Space. I'll try to tap in and move those up as we get them. I'd also like to check out the UK and Canada pavilions, and maybe the America pavilion, as I haven't seen much of those yet. We'll play it by "ears" and explore the F&G festival some more - hopefully it will be less crowded than Saturday.

At 8, we check in at the Norway Pavilion for the Frozen Ever After Dessert Party! I've never seen Illuminations, and since it's closing in September, I'd better see it before it goes away!

Friday, April 26: Animal Kingdom Day (or backup Typhoon Lagoon day). We have an 8:10 PPO at Tusker House, which we might cancel and do regular rope drop arriving at 8:30 or so. We have a 9:20 FP at FOP, as well as Safari & Navi later in the morning. We might get to see FOLK at 1:00, grab some lunch somewhere in there, and see animal trails. We didn't get to see Nemo last time so I hope I can do that on one of my AK days.

Around 5:30 we should try to get a Minnie Van to Pioneer Hall to see Hoop Dee Doo! Yet another first for this trip :D We have Category 1 seating for the 6:15 show.

Saturday, April 27: We have an 8:35 PPO for Garden Grill, which I will try to push earlier (although I'm told it doesn't really matter as long as it's before 9). We can do whatever we want on this day - see (eat) more of Flower & Garden, or take the monorail to MK or boat to DHS, or even return to Disney Springs when we've had enough time at Epcot.

We have a 6:55 ADR for Spice Road Table - if we really liked Illuminations, we might keep this, or we could cancel it and switch it out for a Disney Springs restaurant. I'm lucky to have such a nice long trip and be able to be a little flexible.

Sunday, April 28: Departure Day...sigh. I'll probably be ready to go home by this point, to be honest. But not before eating the oh so lauded Brunch at the Top at California Grill! We have an 11:30 ADR. If all goes according to plan, I will have visited GF, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Ft. Wilderness, and AK Lodge!

Our flight home isn't until 8pm so we have time to return to a park or just lie in a food coma for several hours...

Those are the plans! I'll do my best to update as I go, especially while I'm on my own, so I hope you enjoy reading along!

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go... :rolleyes1

I checked and rechecked everything to make sure I'm prepared. I almost certainly overpacked, but I don't think my suitcase is over the weight limit (and I won't have a carry-on so I can always bring things back in another bag). I decided to check a suitcase because I'll be staying for over a week and it's just easier to bring my own toiletries. If I did laundry I could probably get away with just a carry-on, but I have thick curly hair and like to use DevaCurl conditioner by the quart.

I will take note of what I use and don't use and keep that on hand for my next trip. Weather is forecasted to be rainy upon my arrival, and in the 70s this weekend and 80s the rest of the week. I hope that's right and it isn't sweltering like it was in August. I'm worried about the crowds.

I got my TSA precheck info and it appears to have made it onto my boarding pass, so I'm eager to see how that affects my timeline. Planning to take Lyft to the airport at about 12:00 (it's around a 30m drive). Boarding begins at 2:10. I think that should be enough time. The only thing I really need to pack that I haven't, other than the electronics which I charge nightly, are my Bose headphones. I wore them on my flights to KC in February and loved that I could listen to pre-downloaded YouTube videos and podcasts while wearing EarPlanes. (without which I get horrible ear pain when landing).

Fingers crossed that nothing happens with my flight (thunderstorms)! In 24 hours, I should be en route to the Polynesian, or at least unpacking in my room!

Love waking up in bed at home, knowing I'll be sleeping at WDW that night. WOO travel day! Enjoy your trip and look forward to following along!

Good morning friends!

Yesterday was departure day. There were bad t-storms that grounded flights into Orlando, so mine was delayed about 3 hours. Boo. It could have been worse...I got to my hotel room around 10:30pm, and they were able to upgrade me to an AP at registration! Declined Mousekeeping and got an $80 GC.

I decided to cancel my Bon Voyage breakfast reservations because I knew it would put me at a disadvantage for touring, and I wasn’t looking forward to it enough to justify the $ and time. I’ll do it someday!

I woke up before 6 and had breakfast at the hotel. They opened the food lines a couple minutes before 7 and I snagged a kids meal. On the bus by 7:18, and through Epcot bag check to the rope by 8:32.

I waited around and chatted with a family and shared some of my Dis-nerd facts. I showed them where to go for Soarin’. We were let into tapstiles at 8:30 exactly and the rope dropped at 8:50 exactly.

I can’t believe how cool and breezy it is!! They let us in a few mins before 9 so that with very brisk walking I got to the escalators down exactly at 9, and the lines into the theater at 9:04. They put me in B3 which isn’t too bad I think.

Up in the air at 9:11, and in line for LwtL at 9:20. Posted wait of 5 mins as expected.

Boarded Imagination at 9:41. Got in line for Spaceship Earth around 9:55. This was the first ride with any wait beyond the loading time. Boarded by 10:13.

Snagged my Orange Bird sipper and some citrus chicken at 10:45...then in line for Frozen at 10:55. Posted wait time of 55.

The plan for later today is to walk around F&G, grab some more snacks and maybe merch, and see a film or two since I haven’t yet. Oh, and Gran Fiesta Tour which is my fave. I have FPs at DAK starting at 2:35 so I guess I’ll head over there soon after.

The wait + ride time for Frozen ended up being about 50 minutes. I tried some honey cheesecake and violet lemonade - good but not amazing. Rode Gran Fiesta Tour and was the only person on my boat. Stopped by Guest Relations on the way out of the park and got my TIW card...waited less than 10 minutes...then boarded a Friendship to The Boardwalk.

Currently waiting for a bus to DAK which could be a mistake - no times are posted. If it gets to be 2:00 I’ll take a Lyft, I guess.

Sounds like a good start. Hope you have a magical time. Looking forward to reading more about your adventures

The bus came at 1:40! Not bad. I forgot to mention before that the other people at Guest Relations were concerned bc their FP disappeared! Luckily I didn’t use any yet today so it didn’t impact my Epcot visit, and hopefully they will be fixed by tonight.

The FPs came back around 2:30, but Kali River went offline and my FP got converted to an anytime, multiple experiences. The wait times are atrocious across the board. I think it’s actually better that way because I didn’t bring a poncho to protect my backpack and don’t feel like getting it or my shoes wet.

Decided to head over to Festival of the Lion King; sat on the wall to wait at 2:42 for the 3:00 show. I got in no problem - maybe waited 10 minutes sitting on the wall, and they let us in for the show. It was perfect. What a great show. Then I headed over to use my Safari FP. I was worried at first because the line (for FP!) extended out to the road, but it was deceptive and I ended up waiting about 5 minutes with a posted standby time of 95.

After the safari, I headed over to Nomad Lounge to enjoy a cocktail (Leaping Lizard - delicious!) and test out my TIW card. One of these days I’ll eat at Tiffins... I barely noticed the paper straw, btw.

Went over to Pandora to ride Navi River Journey. Animal Kingdom isn’t well known for its helpful signage (compared to the other parks), so at first I thought I got turned around and was looking at the FOP wait times. 195 minutes for standby? Oh, no, that *is* Navi River Journey. I felt guilty waiting for only 8 minutes with my FP.

Headed over to an early dinner at Yak & Yeti. I tried the firecracker shrimp appetizer and the honey chicken. Both were quite delicious! I admit I’m a sucker for a battered protein coated in a tasty sauce, but they did both well.

I then used my previously-Kali FP on Dinosaur bc I didn’t want to get my backpack wet. I like Dinosaur. It’s an exciting ride but not too crazy, which works for me!

A weird thing happened with my safari FP where I was able to modify it after using it (I tapped in green...) so I made a ROL but won’t be using it. I need to rest up for tomorrow.

Happy Easter, everyone!

I ended up going to bed BEFORE 8 last night...watched a few YT videos and fell asleep. I woke up at about 5:15 today!

I departed ASMu at 7:20 and got through bag check at 7:44. My breakfast reservation was 8:05 at Crystal Palace. I checked in at 7:50 and had time to take photos outside. First solo character breakfast...only slightly more awkward than meeting them with a friend. I had the same server as I did in August (Melanie), and the puffed French toast and potato casserole are still delicious. Finished around 8:40 and got in line for rope drop outside Adventureland. Heard, but didn’t watch, the castle show.

Jungle cruise at 9:01. Off 9:15, there was a 10m posted. 5m for pirates, on at 9:18. Off at 9:28, then headed to HM. Done with that 9:47 and would have walked into small world except people took my spot in the row...Not a huge problem, made it onto the next boat. They were sending boats with only a few people on them! Boarded 9:51. Off 10:06 and on to 7DMT. Waited about 4 minutes in line and then went to Under the Sea, done with that 10:35.

I grabbed a Peter Pan Float, then waited in my first real line of the day, 16 minutes for Pooh. It was almost too sweet for me :( I remembered the Maleficient cone being tastier.

Then it was time for my BTMRR FP. 4 minutes in line, then a long walk to Tomorrowland. Got in line about 11:30 for Monsters Inc. Then I went on People Mover and walked on to COP at 12:14. Off 12:35, and on to Peter Pan FP. Off PP at 12:52.

I arrived at the GF around 1:20 and went to Basin White for two bath bombs and some bath salts. I’m hoping to soak my sore muscles a bit!

Checked in for Afternoon Tea and was sat at 1:42. I did wait for about 10 minutes, but I was early. Ordered the Bedfordshire - the least expensive option. I was surprised but I enjoyed all the sandwiches (yes, even egg salad!) I ordered the nutty chocolate tea and my server recommended that she mix in some caramel roobois too, which was delicious!

I took photos of some of the Easter eggs at the GF and then decided to splurge on a Minnie Van back to ASMus, mainly to ask the driver for advice on what to do tonight! It was a decent conversation and saved me the hassle of transferring on public transit. I don’t think I would spend the money on it except for resort-to-resort or as a way to avoid the TTC.

After a quick stop at the hotel room to grab my phone charger and change my clothes, I filled up my mug and got to the bus stop. The Calypso room is worth it for being closer to the main hall and buses. Got on the bus back to Epcot at 3:42.

After a couple refreshes I got a Soarin’ FP! Yay! Arrived at Epcot 4:06. I got my AP magnets - they still had Pluto left, so they let me have one of each.

Then got in line for TT single rider, 4:17. Total experience time 20 minutes (posted wait 105 for regular standby!). Then I went to Mission:Space Green, which was decently fun, and about as intense as Soarin’ (which I boarded at 5:13 - it’s a long walk!)

After Soarin’ I decided to head to world showcase to get some drinks. First stop was France - the frosé is extremely tasty and I might get one again later this trip. The macaron was good as well, but I wished I had someone to split it. Italy’s limoncello was not worth the $, but the Italian CMs are awfully cute. :p

Headed over to America to see The American Adventure for the first time. I didn’t have excessive expectations, but I found it enjoyable. Better than the Canada movie, but not a must-do. It was nice to rest my legs for 30 minutes. Despite my use of BodyGlide, my legs are still pretty chafed. Sorry if that’s TMI.

Headed to the Friendships and was given a 13 minute wait. I think I’ll check out Jellyrolls and/or AbracadaBar. They’re both on my list but I keep prioritizing rides.

I’m still plotting what to do tomorrow. I’m thinking DHS, as I haven’t made it there yet this trip. We have TSL EMM on Wednesday, but on our last adventure we only did TSL, Fantasmic, Muppets, and Indiana Jones...and walked through the TOT queue. Eric wants to do more things there so on one hand, I should wait for him, but on the other hand...

I feel like I would be missing out if I didn’t rope drop *something*. I want to do something early on and then maybe head to Disney Springs. I’m not a huge pool person so if I do swim it would be for under an hour. I’m already planning a water park visit. Can you tell I’m bad at relaxing? I feel like I’ll burn out on DAK, MK, or EP if I do one of those...

Update: I spent an hour at Jellyrolls, but like a silly human only had my emergency $20 (they don’t take magic bands for the $15 cover charge) so I only requested one song and ordered 1 drink with my MB. Honestly, 3 cocktails in 1 Day is a ton for me so it’s just as well. I’m starting to get a tiny bit lonely but Eric gets here tomorrow night so it should be the perfect amount of time.

Just joining in to see how you liked doing the solo portion. Honestly it sounds like you got a lot accomplished. I really like Jellyrolls but they for real need to get rid of that cover charge. I think its too much. I didn't have cash last time and missed out because I forgot you had to pay to get in :( Hope you didn't get too rained out these past few days! Looking forward to updates.

Just joining in to see how you liked doing the solo portion. Honestly it sounds like you got a lot accomplished. I really like Jellyrolls but they for real need to get rid of that cover charge. I think its too much. I didn't have cash last time and missed out because I forgot you had to pay to get in :( Hope you didn't get too rained out these past few days! Looking forward to updates.

My flight was delayed due to rain but the weather has been gorgeous since I landed! It’s supposed to rain this weekend, but be nice until then at least.

I enjoyed the solo time - boyfriend Eric arrived around noon today - but I think 2 days was enough. I have a 5 day trip planned for August and I’m not sure if that might feel too long to be alone...maybe I’ll try to meet up with folks from here!

Day 3: Wilderness Lodge, MK, & HEA

I slept in until 9:30 hopped on the app and saw that a 10:35 reservation was available for breakfast at Whispering Canyon. I got a lyft in 3 minutes!!! Much cheaper than a Minnie van too, idk if it’s a coincidence that he was available or whatnot.

WCC was very tasty. I got the Heritage Skillet and really loved the biscuits and the Mickey waffle was perfectly cooked! My server probably detected that I was in an introverted mood, so the only “antics” I got was some napkins thrown on my table. I heard “WE NEED KETCHUP” and saw some other funny things but nothing crazy. The restaurant was nearly empty which I think was a big part of it.

I did a hidden Mickey hunt around the resort. I got most of the Wilderness Lodge ones but didn’t start on Boulder Ridge. Some were quite tricky!!! I got help from a CM because one of the tables was pushed in front of the fireplace screen, obscuring the Mickey.

Eric arrived just before noon (I waited for him in a massage chair by the Mercantile...possibly my new favorite ride at Disney, lol!). We went outside to see the Geyser erupt and had lunch at Geyser Point. We shared the Bison Cheeseburger and it was quite good. On a whim, we rented a pontoon boat! It was only $75 for the hour (for up to 6 people), I was quite impressed. We got amazing views of Bay Lake & Seven Seas Lagoon. I would highly recommend this experience. We saw the Contemporary, GF, Polynesian, Ft Wilderness, and some construction. The weather was beautiful and the boat was super comfortable. Definitely a highlight of the trip, and I’m proud because I typically plan EVERYTHING and this was a spur of the moment decision.

While eating, I scored FPs to Splash, BTMRR, and 7DMT!! We headed to MK and walked onto Main Street at 2:50...and spotted an empty spot for the parade! I had never seen it and wouldn’t have planned it, but that was a fun find too. After the parade, we had to wait about 45m for Haunted Mansion. That wasn’t great but since standby for Splash was 110 and our 7DMT wasn’t until 7:15, that had to be done. We also saw Country Bears for the first time...campy and terrible audio, but cuter than I expected. We had a Citrus Swirl (my hot take: they’re better than dole whip, don’t @ me) and some chicken from CHH, and a while later, checked in for the HEA dessert party.

For me, it isn’t about the dessert, it’s about the view...so it was annoying that people stood in our way (despite all getting there early and sitting down at the same time...cmon people) and held their cameras up to block the castle. It does spoil the magic a little. I still cried a tiny bit but not as much as August. No Tinkerbell either!!

The bus ride back was packed as usual. Overall, a good day - I’m happy to have Eric here, and loved exploring the beautiful WL.

Today, Typhoon Lagoon & Sanaa!

Day 4: Typhoon & Sanaa

Eric didn’t get good sleep so I went to intermission food court to grab him breakfast. Then we went to typhoon lagoon! We got there before park opening, and at rope drop we headed to the area next to Typhoon Tilly’s to put down our stuff.

We went on Miss Adventure Falls, which was a fun family raft ride with a conveyor belt so you don’t have to carry a raft. It also had a cute animatronic. We went on it three times. We also went on the Pineapple side of Crush n Gusher. I really liked both of them, and I’m generally not a big water person. I also tried Keelhaul and Mayday (single tube rides). I liked Keelhaul ok, but it wasn’t interesting enough to merit the stairs. Mayday was a little too rough and I felt like I was going to fall out. Eric went on the body slides and the super tall one, but I just watched. We also enjoyed the wave pool and lazy river.

We stayed about 90m later than I had predicted.

After the water park, we changed and showered, and went to Animal kingdom lodge for dinner. We arrived about 4:40, so we were quite early, and watched the animals while we were waiting. At exactly 5, they paged us, and we went in. We ordered a coconut drink (didn’t catch the name) and the Painted Lemur. Both were great, but we liked the Lemur a little better. We had the bread service, of course...and ended up ordering two more pieces of naan to go with our meal.

We shared the butter chicken and paneer Tikka for our entree. I liked both, and the portion was actually a reasonable amount for one person (unlike a lot of massive things at Disney - and I’m a big eater) so I almost wanted more food but was full after dessert...we got the spice trade candy bar, which was great! Much tastier than a regular candy bar.

After dinner, we went to Disney Springs and walked around a bit. We watched the Characters in Flight balloon from the top of the Coke store, and listened to some music. We looked at the art and doggie things but didn’t find a souvenir to bring home. We went to bed at 9 because tomorrow is TSL EMM!

Day 5: Toy Story Land & Magic Kingdom

Wednesday, Early Morning Magic Day. We rose early to get to Hollywood Studios shortly after 7. By 7:17, we were in line for “rope drop” and they let us in around 7:20. There was about a 10 minute wait each time for Slinky Dog, but we managed to get 5 rides down and 1 on TMM. Aliens was not running. They said our wristbands would serve as a FP for that ride later in the day, but we didn’t take them up on it. We left just as the regular rope droppers were storming in. I was grateful to be going in the opposite direction - some people were rather crazy and the CMs had to yell at them to maintain order (something I hadn’t heard before)!

We rode Star Tours twice - my first time on that ride. Eric was the rebel spy! Very cute ride, and I didn’t get motion sickness. We had our breakfast, which wasn’t bad, and then went to see the Frozen show, which also wasn’t bad. I’m starting to get a little burned out, and it’s much hotter today than previously, which is definitely making things harder. We wandered through Walt Disney Presents, and even that was crowded.

We headed to MK for our FastPasses. We were a bit early, so we went to Tom Sawyer Island and had a biscuit sandwich at Aunt Polly’s. It’s cute over there, but it was crowded - which says something about spring break crowds, no? We were too hot to wait in line for anything (almost everything was 60+) so we did Tiki Room and then our FP at Splash.

This was the second time on our trip that the FP line for Splash extended all the way up the stairs and then some!!!

We had an ice cream and waited a bit for our next FP for 7DMT. After that ride, it was just about 3:30 which was not a great time to exit the park. We were able to hustle, but the crowds for the parade were intense. We had planned to stay for a few more rides, but it just got too hot and we needed to swim.

We took a swim in the hotel pool for an hour or so, which was very unlike me (last trip I had to stay in the parks as long as possible!). They were doing some trivia and kids’ games which was fun. We returned to shower and I made a phone call to a friend whose father had passed recently. Then, it was off to dinner at Morimoto Asia!

We had to wait about 30m for our table so we sat outside and listened to the music from Raglan Road. The weather had cooled off perfectly again.

I think Morimoto was our favorite meal of both visits to Disney (although it was pouring and I had a cold when we went to The Boathouse on my birthday, so I think I should give that another chance)!!! We shared the pork bao, spicy salmon roll, spare ribs, and crab Rangoon. The crab Rangoon was much better than takeout, but nothing to write home about. The sushi was just OK - we have better in NJ. But the two pork dishes were beyond amazing. You absolutely MUST eat them!!!

We also had the Manhattan east and mai tai cocktails. I didn’t try Eric’s but he said it tasted like an old fashioned. I liked the mai tai a lot - while I know very little about alcohol, it tasted more complex than what I usually get from a tiki drink, and was quite tasty!

Reactions: DLo
Day 6: Keys to the Kingdom & Epcot

Thursday was just as hot as Wednesday, but it was time to rise early again for our Keys to the Kingdom tour. We checked in outside Tony’s a little after 8 and had time to grab Starbucks before the tour began. We were group of 20 and each had a listening device to help hear our guide, Diogo.

Most of the following isn’t what I would consider “spoilers”, but if you don’t want to know any details, skip this post!

It was a 5 hour tour of facts I sort of knew and some new things I hadn’t noticed. We saw Holiday parade floats and a camel being refurbished, and the current parade floats ready to roll. We saw the emergency stop buttons and watched a CM learning to drive a float (one of the scariest jobs!! They only have cameras, no windows!). We walked from Main St through Adventureland, Frontierland, and Liberty Square. I had heard many of the little facts before, but it was cool to have them pointed out live. We rode Jungle Cruise and learned about the history of the ride and its pneumatic figures (they’re not technically audio-animatronics). I found it amusing that although the water is dyed green to hide the rides mechanics, the elephants spray clean drinking water just in case the timing is off and they do spray a guest!

We saw the backstage buildings for Splash Mountain and Pirates (they’re rather close together). Our guide pointed out the exterior of the Cinderella castle suite (three stained glass windows on the back-left side of the castle). Our guide explained how the Anna & Elsa meet & greet works, which I didn’t know (3 sets), and that Mickey never meets outdoors anymore to preserve the magic (since he’s in parades etc). Only a select few CMs are “friends with Tinkerbell” for her flight, and our guide explained how that happens, too (her assistant pushes her out the window onto a zip line! and she lands on a mattress in Tomorrowland!)

We went down into the utilidors, which were pretty industrial and practical and not as polished as the onstage Disney. We heard some facts about Roy and the opening of WDW, and I teared up at the photo of Mickey standing and listening to the opening day speech.

All told, it was a good experience and I would recommend it to any Disney fan! I need a shower and then it will be time for Epcot & Illuminations. I’m looking forward to what will hopefully be relatively short lines (I’ve been a little Magic Kingdomed out).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter