Pass on Oogie Boogie?

KaystotheKingdom

Mouseketeer
Hey all!

East coaster heading out for an adults trip in the fall. It’s a first trip for one of us, a second trip for the other 2. Nobody has been to the oogie boogie bash previously as we traveled at a different time of year.

We are not character meet and greet people. My question is should we go to OBB because we can’t see it in FL and there are other experiences aside from characters that make it unique? Or skip it and spend the money on some other experience.

This will likely be the first and only trip to Disneyland for my mother, so we want to spend our time and money wisely. Thanks!

Oh haha, well that makes it an easy decision! Totally thought these went on sale in the summer- thanks for the heads up 😊

Hi! Fellow east coaster here!

I loved Oogie Boogie and the only character we met was Hercules. We went in 2022 and hopefully getting tickets again this year. I like meeting character okay...but I won't go out of my way to wait in line for them. The only characters I was wanting to meet want anyone from Hercules so, mission accomplished!

We spent the majority of our time riding rides and doing event specific things like Villain's Grove, the parade, and Guardians: Monsters After Dark. We didn't do any treat trails (we didn't want any candy) but we were able to see people like Cruella and Sid as we walked by.

I think you need to weigh whether or not the cost is worth it and you want to spend your time there. Halloween is my favorite holiday and I am all in for anything Halloween. For me, totally worth it. I also love an after hours event in general. But as someone who doesn't care to stand in line for a character (and my husband definitely doesn't care to), we had a great time!

I'm not a character meet and greet person either, but I really enjoyed OBB. I still went past all the M&G areas to see the characters, but didn't bother with the lines because it's not my thing. I did all of the treat trails, which are fun and the character interactions are really fun. The parade, the headless horseman and Villain's Grove were also well worth it for me too. It's also fun to see all the guests in their costumes and the vibes are just good fun.

But, if none of that appeals to you, then it's definitely not worth it. It's definitely not a thing I feel I have to do every single year, but it was a good time.

Hey all!

East coaster heading out for an adults trip in the fall. It’s a first trip for one of us, a second trip for the other 2. Nobody has been to the oogie boogie bash previously as we traveled at a different time of year.

We are not character meet and greet people. My question is should we go to OBB because we can’t see it in FL and there are other experiences aside from characters that make it unique? Or skip it and spend the money on some other experience.

This will likely be the first and only trip to DisneyIand for my mother, so we want to spend our time and money wisely. Thanks!
I'd say try to get tix when they go on sale, and that may make the decision for you. ;)

I'm not a character meet and greet person either, but I really enjoyed OBB. I still went past all the M&G areas to see the characters, but didn't bother with the lines because it's not my thing. I did all of the treat trails, which are fun and the character interactions are really fun. The parade, the headless horseman and Villain's Grove were also well worth it for me too. It's also fun to see all the guests in their costumes and the vibes are just good fun.

But, if none of that appeals to you, then it's definitely not worth it. It's definitely not a thing I feel I have to do every single year, but it was a good time.
Agreed. I'm not a character person either, so I had a great time with all the rest. I've tried to get tix the last two times & was unsuccessful, so id try to get them & worry about going after I knew I got them or not.

I recommend going to it. Even if you completely ignore the entire celebration, you will have minimal wait time for the rides and can do all the headliners when the parade is going (it goes twice).

I don't do character meet and greets normally, but love the villains on the trick or treat trails. I also enjoyed Villain's Grove, which has no characters but trippy lights and smells. The time of the party flies by and I never feel like I am able to do/see everything.

I tried but failed to get OBB tickets for my visit last year. The experience of trying to book those tickets was stressful, time consuming, and at the end of the day I didn't even get a chance to buy one.

I can tell you based on my experience last year that if all you want to do is 1) experience GOTG: Monsters After Dark and 2) see the Halloween lighting and atmosphere (sans characters) at DCA, you can do that with a regular park ticket.

GOTG switches over to Monsters After Dark every day at 3 regardless of whether or not the party is happening that day. What's nice is that from the Disney app's perspective, they're different attractions, so you can get Lightning Lanes for both of them on the same day if you're using G+. The minor overlays to the other Cars Land attractions are going from park open to park close, and the Cars Land lighting moment is different from what it normally is-and occurs whether or not OBB is happening later that day.

All of the lighting and atmosphere associated with OBB in BVS and Cars Land appeared to be present during a normal park operating day at DCA, complete with Halloween audio tracks and "Oogie Boogie Bash" projected onto Carthay even on a non-party day.

Naturally, Disney's not going to limit the Halloween snacks to only being available during OBB. To my knowledge, everything or almost everything seasonal is available the entire day.

If you want the characters, Halloween parade, treat trails, and any other unique entertainment, you should try for OBB tickets. If you're fine with just experiencing Halloween vibes at DCA and Monsters After Dark, no OBB ticket is necessary.

It could be but the main reason is characters

Villains Grove is cool looking, the parade is fun and if they bring back WOC. Think it will be worth it but.....if not then its up to you but its manly to see characters you normally can't

I’m not a meet and greet person either, but the treat trails at OBB are more entertainment than a meet and greet. They are truly unique! We more than filled our night with treat trails, the parade and Villians grove, not a single official meet and greet at all. If you can get tickets (typically go on sale late June-ish), I would definitely recommend for a truly unique experience (I have done MNSSHP 4 times and OBB 3 and OOGIE Boogie rakes the cake for me.)

I was lucky enough to get tickets to OOB last year. My time at OOB last year was a total miss for me! I just seemed off with everything. Could care less about the treat trails/except to see the characters/that was my only motivation for those wait lines. Liked the Sanderson Sisters: super cool: but I missed the parade; twice in one night. I just couldn't get my strategy together. A great deal of walking to miss so much. If I had to do over, which I probably will some year: I would 100% go for the desert/parade package. To be able to sit/not wait or jockey for good parade positioning is a must for me. I thoroughly enjoyed Villians Grove!!! I went to that during the last parade/which I missed because I could barely see anything due to bad positioning: it wasn't very busy and able to take my time. The lighting was cool. Take home message is try: the ticket sales were a complete nightmare for most. So if you are lucky enough to get some: go!!

I enjoyed Oogie Boogie last year a lot, I like meeting the rare characters. Saw the parade (later one) without too much difficulty, did Sanderson line during the first parade. Loved Sid, just stand near him and listen, I did not enter his actual queue. Oddly, I really was disappointed the Villains Grove thing, ha! Oogie Boogie the man, was funny too, as was Harkness. And LOKI, he was great, and Bruno. I loved this party, only did a couple of rides during it. The music and lighting throughout was enjoyable. I would do it for sure if they bring back the WoC Halloween version- which was not offered last year.

We loved OOB and feel it's so unique that I wouldn't want to miss it. The treat trails aren't character meets like the traditional sense. It's much more of each character having their own show that interacts with guests. We also really enjoyed the parade and we have a child and found the kids show in the theater to be so wonderfully full of Halloween magic. Seeing everyone in costumes and the low waits for rides. We found villains grove to be such a uniquely Disney experience. Everyone is going to have their own experiences but if I had never done it before I wouldn't miss it.

We also did the Christmas party at WDW this year and that was a one and done for us (good time, but would spend money on another park day instead) but OBb we would 100% do again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter