Pay for changes to pkg?

petunia

DIS Veteran
Is there a fee to change anything on packages if Im still before pay in full date? Would like to remove a day and add 2 people to ressie..

No fee, but it is possible if you have a special offer it might not be available if you drop a day, so just be sure to check prices before changing.

Would it ever not be available if I took a day off of the end of my stay? I could understand if I wanted to add or if it didnt fall within dates, but is there a scenario where I have BB booked for 9 days, wish to change to 8 (before final payment due) and I wouldnt be able to keep the promo? Thanks!

I tried to eliminate a day from a "free dining" bounce back offer. It was for the last night a Saturday. Cast member explained that since the promo was no longer available to me, I could cancel that night. They then wanted to add $1,600 to my package for the dining package for our group.

Adding people to the reservation, would be the same. If promo is no longer available, no.

I would definitely call, but don't cancel what you have. Just ask questions, about your reservation. It's Disney, but I did not have any luck.

Would it ever not be available if I took a day off of the end of my stay? I could understand if I wanted to add or if it didnt fall within dates, but is there a scenario where I have BB booked for 9 days, wish to change to 8 (before final payment due) and I wouldnt be able to keep the promo? Thanks!

Yes it's possible. If there is no availability for a new reservation for the less amount of nights, then you might not be able to drop a night.

Is it a bounceback package? If it is, the regular CMs can’t make changes if the offer is expired. Call the bounceback number for changes to a bounceback reservation. They can make changes even if the promo is no longer being offered.

As for dropping the night, Disney uses booking algorithms to prevent single nights they would be unable to book. Call & if the regular CM can’t help, ask to speak to guest services. They have the ability to over ride these systems & make changes. They don’t have to make the change, but they are the ones who can do it.

Also, package prices are set as long as you don’t make changes. Once you do, any price increases that have happened since you booked will kick in. So if tickets or resort rates have gone up since you booked, you will have to pay the new prices.

Thank all, I called and added the people. Since I am not 100% about removing the last night, I did not do it as yet, I hope it will not be an issue if we need to because of flights:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter