Pay for the person behind you trend? (chains)

Oh my gosh.

I've had someone pay for my coffee before (person at register told me) and I just said "Wow, that's awesome! Thanks!" and left with my free coffee. I didn't even think to then pay for the person behind me. (I don't even know if someone was behind me)

Oops. Sorry about that! 😂

I disagree with both of you. Unless you have evidence to the contrary (and there have been people on this thread who said they've been a part of these chains), I'm guessing the cars pull up to the pay window, are only told "the car in front of you paid for your order." There is no question or suggestion about you paying for the next car.
Well, the employees have to say SOMETHING... "The car in front of you paid for your order." They should not hint, suggest, or ask if you want to pay for the car behind you. I can see this conversation:

Employee: The car in front of you paid for your order.
Driver: That's great.
Employee: Yes, it's been going on for 200 (pick a number) orders now.
Driver: That's very nice of people.
Employee: Yup, have a great day.
Driver: You too.

Chain is broken. Only the employees and you know the chain is broken.

my response was to your first post, when you suggested that cars pull up to the window and are only told that the car in front of them paid their order and nothing else.

I shared my opinion that when a chain gets long the employees most likely do mention that its 200+ people long.

Your second post, in which you quoted me, agrees with me, that the employee does indeed state the length of the chain!

I never said (or thought) that the employee would do anything but wish you well as you exited the line.

my response was to your first post, when you suggested that cars pull up to the window and are only told that the car in front of them paid their order and nothing else.

I shared my opinion that when a chain gets long the employees most likely do mention that its 200+ people long.

Your second post, in which you quoted me, agrees with me, that the employee does indeed state the length of the chain!

I never said (or thought) that the employee would do anything but wish you well as you exited the line.
My hypothetical conversation was just that... hypothetical. You shouldn't assume that's the normal conversation.

DS is a paramedic. He has had people pay for his meals before and he really appreciated it. If I see paramedics, firefighters, law enforcement or service people, I will pay for their food. Also, several years ago I was in McDonalds. Two high school age guys were in front of me. They had extra coupons they weren’t going to use so they offered them to me. After they ordered they were counting out money and I swiped my card and told them this one was on me. They were very appreciative.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter