Paying an Arm and a Leg at WL in June

Antonia

DIS Veteran
Paying $299 per night before tax and that is AAA rate! This is the MOST I have ever paid to stay at WDW. Oh, how I miss those codes.

I guess I could try for an AP rate, but I don't really need an AP. We'll only go once per year. This trip is only a few days combined with Universal and the beach. If I were to buy a big ticket it would be the 10-day MYW with hopper and no expiration so I could use it over a few years time.

that seems really high .......just took a fast look and standard room at WL for mid june is Resort Total: $266.50 per night rack and courtyard room is Resort Total: $334.50 rack per night both of those are tax included......what type of room are you reserving and for what dates?

Oh, wait ... I just checked and it is WITH tax. So that's a little better. It's a courtyard view. They didn't have woodsview available and I didn't want standard, because then I would start obsessing about an upgrade and be disappointed when I didn't get one.

Still, I can remember the good old days of wll under $200 per night and that would be courtyard with some type of code.

Remember you are also going during regular if not peak time. So they raise the rate. But WL is well worth it. Can't wait to visit it in October. Too bad were not staying there. Even though it is a great hotel, we didn't stay in our room that much, so I am happy we are able to go back....

I've stayed at WL before so I just keep reminding myself how much I love it. I love being on Bay Lake and being on the beach at night when the EWP comes by. I love the geyser and the mouseboats and the pool and sitting in the hot tub at night looking at the lodge. And hanging out in the lobby. I am paying extra for courtyard because I have had it before and loved it and the last time I actually stayed there I was so disapponted in my standard view overlooking the service area. So maybe I'll just work an extra couple of days between now and then to pay for my excesses.
Note I have a 2BR/2BR luxury condo in Naples for only $172 per night and RPR at Universal for $210. This is what makes WL seem so high.

Antonia said:
I guess I could try for an AP rate, but I don't really need an AP. We'll only go once per year.

I just wanted to add that I guess it depends on how many days you go at a time. We go once a year as well but stay 9-12 days each time so an annual pass is the most economical for us. We purchased annual pass May 2004 and then just went again March 2005. So we got about 21 days out of those passes. These will expire next month and then we will purchase new ones in October 2006 and go again in 2007 before the next one expires getting two visits out of each pass.

Are the 10 day MYW tickets cheaper than an annual pass? If someone were only going to do 3-4 days a year then that might be a better deal sans AP rate benefits. Maybe just getting one AP for the discounts and parking might be an idea.

Woods view with AP is $185 a night which, IMO, is still a little high. I had CR garden wing for $149 a night last June with a GA resident rate. I think all the rates are significantly higher this year.

If they have a standard view, go for it. You'll be fine and save some $$$! WL is great no matter where you are!

Wow! I'm still in shock when I realize what a bargain we had for the past 3 years...WL Woodsview every year for $129 - $135/nt. inc. tax with a General Public Code! We LOVE WL, but I just couldn't bring myself to pay $300 for a room there. We're not an as-long-as-its-clean type family, we do like our luxury. But,$300 is more than we've paid for a huge,beautiful room at the Waldorf=Astoria in NYC!!! This year, we're renting points at SSR for 4 nts. then trying POR for 3 nts.

Karla B. :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Does anyone know if you can use a code during the holiday season, whether or not you have a Annual Pass or not.

Need to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

WL and codes are weird. We had booked WL for October with a general code for ~$150 a night. Problem was the weekend. They wanted to double the room to $285 a night for Friday and Saturday, no code rooms available even though I was arriving on Wednesday. I wound up splitting the stay and moving to the Poly for $230 a night (there or abouts) with the same general code. Too strange. Since they haven't released general codes for summer yet I'm wonding if this means that the parks are going to be so packed they don't feel the need yet. I have an AP so I already have WL booked but Istill feel that the price is a little steep compared to paying $149 a night last year at the same time with a GA resident code for the CR!

Wow, that is high. We were there at Easter and only paid $169.00. We did have a code. It seems there are no longer any bargains. I think we may have to reduce our yearly (sometimes twice yearly) trip to the World to every other year.

Anybody with an AP want to book me a room???? LOL I want to stay there, but I can barely live with $300. I have made the ressie, but not put down the deposit yet. We are only staying 2 nights as we are combining with one night at Universal and 4 nights at the beach. All of those nights combined barely equal the two nights at WL!! Still wishing for a code. With wanting to stay only two nights, an AP would not break even for us.

Antonia, are you in a state close to FL? The reason I ask was last year for the first time they actually released GA residents rates for June. That was how I booked the CR for $149 a night. At that time I could have gotten WL for $139 a night plus tax. That was a rate open to anyone with proof of GA residency. I purchased an AP voucher last October after dealing with the frenzy of code morning. Maybe that could be an option for you. I can say that so far my AP has saved me ~$1000 off two trips this year already.

How did you find out about that Ga resident rate? Mousesavers? I am in South Carolina.

Antonina, I just happened to luck up and see it in th eliving section of my Sunday newspaper.

Even your rate for Universal is higher than I like to pay over there. But at least you get FOL. I rememeber paying $99 for Royal Pacific. Looks like those days are gone.

Right now my Universal rate is $211. That is AAA. I have an AP and I keep checking because rates are dropping in the $139-$159 range as dates get closer. And you're right - at least you get FOTL which is the main reason we are staying on-site - plus the hotels are very nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter