Paying Contract using Transferwise

ahward

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone.
I am still earning my ears on DIS as well as DVC I am out having resale through DVCresalemarket.com and they have told me that when paying my final balance I need to wire transfer the funds. I have asked if I can use Transferwise and they are unsure. All I have been told is that I can’t use an ACH transfer method. When looking in Transferwise I can’t seem to find the try of transfer.

I am hoping to use Revolut to lock in the exchange rate and then pay transfer wise using my revolut card

Anyone recently paid using this way that can help?
Thank you

I’m international and paid a resale/title company using transferwise. Worked well to get the exact $ amount without losing some in fees. When I paid the $1000 deposit direct from my bank account it arrived $27US short due to fees and/or exchange rate fluctuations along the way.

We used Transfer wise excellent service last year and cheapest. Jeffrey Sweet was our title company.

I don’t suppose anyone knows if First American accept ACH payments? I was going to use Transferwise or Revolut, but not sure if I’ll be able too

I have signed up to currencydirect.com and found that they do wire transfer (you have to call them) best part is that their rate is only .005 lower than real time rate.

Last edited:
A little annoyed, I asked Mason several times if Transferwise was OK to use even though they only do ACH transfers they said yes.

What happened, sent transfer got knocked back by their bank and sent back to me. So now I have to lose money putting USD back to GBP then get a lower rate and charged a fee using my UK bank to do the transfer.

That sucks sorry to hear. IMO I think the pound is only going to get stronger. I am hoping for 1.31 before going to exchange my last 5k. I stupidly exchanged my first 5k at 1.6

Do you know how long it takes for Title Co to get the payment after being sent by Transferwise?

I sent on Tuesday and they still don't have it. I sent to Mason using the wire information provided.

Do you know how long it takes for Title Co to get the payment after being sent by Transferwise?

I sent on Tuesday and they still don't have it. I sent to Mason using the wire information provided.

I think it took me a 2-3 days with Transferwise, but that wasn't Mason.

Revolut use ACH, so I would not use them, I used Hifx when I did mine a few years ago, think they are part of XE.com now.

Was you ok using (Transfer) Wise with Mason?. My Closing costs are due to them and I want to use Wire transfer

I used Transferwise last year with Mason and it got knocked back even though Mason said it was fine with Transferwise. I think its more to do with the bank than the title company. They don't take ACH payments.

I then just transferred the money back and used my bank

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!