Paying Fees....

arielrocks

always planning another trip to Disney!!!
OK - help me out here. No CC or american bank account....... so how else do I pay my member fees?

Anyone know? I have the money in my Paypal account - can I pay that way?

You can get a US$ money order or bankers draft from most UK banks but they will charge you. Don't think Disney are into pay pal yet!

I paid my membership fees (by this I mean the annual dues - not the initial purchase) in January with a credit card.

I have used my Nationwide debit card for last 12 years, I gave Member services my number and expiry etc and they hold it on file and debt it towards end of January.

You just need to remember to update the expiry date when you get a new card every 3 years or so

I have used my Nationwide debit card for last 12 years, I gave Member services my number and expiry etc and they hold it on file and debt it towards end of January.

You just need to remember to update the expiry date when you get a new card every 3 years or so

We've always paid with Nationwide cc but will change to the Post Office now that Nationwide charges a (small) fee. Is the debit card still fee-free?

I'm in a similiar situation. Though I do have a creditcard, which I will use to pay the annual dues with. But I want to get rid of the Disney loan as fast as possible, since the APR from my local bank is much better than Disney's (8.5% vs. 11.75% with Disney) So I will need to get $10k+ to Disney, but my creditcard has a monthly limit of only 5000. So I wrote a mail to MS if there is a bank account where I could transfer the loan repayment to.

Marc

I'm in a similiar situation. Though I do have a creditcard, which I will use to pay the annual dues with. But I want to get rid of the Disney loan as fast as possible, since the APR from my local bank is much better than Disney's (8.5% vs. 11.75% with Disney) So I will need to get $10k+ to Disney, but my creditcard has a monthly limit of only 5000. So I wrote a mail to MS if there is a bank account where I could transfer the loan repayment to.

Marc

You can just transfer the money from your bank current account to your credit card (putting the CC in credit) and then pay the balance off with Disney so not risking going over your limit...

I'm paying mine off in weekly chunks, paying near the maximum amount one week, waiting until it's cleared and then clearning the balance (takes about 5 days all in all) then the next amount... :)

I'd recommend Abbey Zero (no % loading fee) or Nationwide (1% loading fee) cards like MBNA or BarclayCard have MUCH higher charges... **BEWARE** (thanks MSE)

For the best way of paying dues internationally, take a trip to www 'dot' moneysavingexpert 'dot' com ... and if your not already on his weekly emails... join up, you've taken the plunge to buy DVC so why not save more money!!

Oh and Hi UK DVC'ers I (We're) newbies too 160pt @ BLT, Rock On! !!

Only just caught up with this.

We are going to use thomasexchange.co.uk as it seems to be financially beneficial, even paying the £15 transfer fee. I emailed Disney for all the required bank details and I have received a reply.

Just to let you know you can pay fees online using a visa electron card too.

I use fairfx, load it up when the exchange rate is high(ish) then I pay less at dues time. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter