Paying for MaxPass?

Sgtgoofy119

Earning My Ears
Silly question...next week we'll arrive at PPH. Purchased our package directly from Disney. Elected to get our tickets at hotel when we check in. So if what I've read on these strings is correct, we check-in, get our tickets, link our tickets in the Disneyland app, go to the park, and once we have entered, then get MaxPass. But do we need to enter a credit card, or will it make us use Paypal, or what? Does the DL app have a way to pre-enter a credit card?

If you click on My Account then go to Payment Method, you can add a credit card to the app. If you buy Max Pass and don't have a credit card attached to your account then you can just enter in the CC information at that time.

We added the payment method ahead of time, but you will need the CCV # (whatever it's called, the 3 numbers on back of Visa/4 on front of Amex) when you use the app to pay. So don't leave that card behind!Thankfully my husband memorized his CCV so it was super fast to order MaxPass for my folks.

A related question that I hope someone can help with. I have comp tickets from a cast member and would like to add MAXPASS to them once I am in the park. I am assuming I will get a hard ticket from the gate and I can scan it into the app., but can I add maxpass to a free ticket?

A related question that I hope someone can help with. I have comp tickets from a cast member and would like to add MAXPASS to them once I am in the park. I am assuming I will get a hard ticket from the gate and I can scan it into the app., but can I add maxpass to a free ticket?

I think this answers a question I had. BFF is going on one of those 'band trips' and I'm joining her in the parks. She says the tickets are some sort of 'special deal for schools' and I was hoping she'd be able to get MP. I'm thinking that Disney will probably let you buy MP for pretty much any ticket.

I think this answers a question I had. BFF is going on one of those 'band trips' and I'm joining her in the parks. She says the tickets are some sort of 'special deal for schools' and I was hoping she'd be able to get MP. I'm thinking that Disney will probably let you buy MP for pretty much any ticket.
While I haven't read every MP thread, I have yet to hear anyone say that they were unable to add MP to their ticket. ... If it had happened, I would have expected to hear about it on here at some point in the several weeks since it started.

I decided to call Disney and they said it can be added once my comp is converted to a park ticket. I was concerned because there is SO much fine print on the pass!

Sorry to hijack. Does everyone in the family need the app to use max pass? Can I just use my app?

Keep in mind that if you are staying on property you get the extra magic hours so purchasing a max pass may not be worth it. Personally I would arrive early enough for the extra magic hours and see how things go. If I was not able to accomplish my ride goals then I might consider purchasing max pass.

We’re staying across the street at the Best Western plus. I’m thinking the week after thanksgiving we may not need them as only a few rides will be long but no way to tell for sure. I need to catch a video and see how this works and how to add people to my app

Does anyone know if you can use a Disney gift card or Disney Chase rewards to pay for MaxPass?

We're getting to the point where we will have more on our rewards card than we plan on spending in the park, but if we can use it to pay for MaxPass, that would be fantastic!

Does anyone know if you can use a Disney gift card or Disney Chase rewards to pay for MaxPass?

We're getting to the point where we will have more on our rewards card than we plan on spending in the park, but if we can use it to pay for MaxPass, that would be fantastic!
No. I Believe this is cc only.

Sorry to hijack. Does everyone in the family need the app to use max pass? Can I just use my app?

Hi - no you only need one phone with the app. I went with my friends the end of September we linked all the tickets to my account and just did the MP through my phone/app.
Just a note: instead of scanning your phone at the fastpass check in area we used our park tickets. I heard on other threads that people had issues with it not scanning all the tickets so one ticket would show it couldn't get a new fastpass because it didn't get scanned. By using the tickets we ensured that each ticket was scanned and ready for a new fastpass as soon as we used one. I loved that while were in the fastpass line I was already getting our fastpasses for the next ride.

I heard on other threads that people had issues with it not scanning all the tickets so one ticket would show it couldn't get a new fastpass because it didn't get scanned. By using the tickets we ensured that each ticket was scanned and ready for a new fastpass as soon as we used one. I loved that while were in the fastpass line I was already getting our fastpasses for the next ride.

We had this happen once. It’s easy to cancel the FP to be eligible for another.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter