PayTollo app to pay tolls

ExpatDisneyLover

DIS Veteran
Has anyone used the PayTollo app to pay tolls in Orlando? Just wondering how well this works especially with a rental car.

Paytollo® is a valid method of paying for toll crossings in Florida. When used for rental vehicles, it is important to enter the end date/time of the of the car hire. You can edit the end date/time if your actual vehicle drop off time changes to be earlier or later than planned.

The application does use GPS technology and messages the user when crossings occur. BUT, if the application is turned off, phone is off, battery dead, or destroyed due to an awesome Splash Mountain experience, your toll crossing will still be paid from your PayTollo account. Note: when depending on the OCR abilities of the toll plazas, there is a delay in receiving the charge from the toll authority (sometimes weeks).

For additional information your can go to the PayTollo website and always read the app description in the Apple store or Google play store to take advantage of any promotion currently in progress.

Disclaimer: This response is from PayTollo, Inc.

I've yet to see a user review good or bad on any 'travel site' I frequent .....

Well I decided to use PayTollo yesterday when I arrived. Let's see how it works - will post a review at some point. so far so good - but I am using it with a rental car and wonder how it will work - don't want any double charges.

Well, I have returned from my trip and wanted to give a review of Pay Tollo. I will keep everyone updated if there is more information as things go.

I found the app really easy to use. For me it was worth the peace of mind knowing I could use any road regardless. I traversed the Beltway, 429, and the Turnpike. Pay Tollo just gave me the freedom to not have to care about tolls at a much more reasonable rate than the rental car agency. I enjoyed being able to just go through the Sunpass lane. It worked very well and as far as I am aware everything was paid correctly. I haven't received anything from Thrifty that indicates there was an issue with the toll charging system they use. If something changes to that effect I will post it here.

So from this Pay Tollo newbie - everything worked very well! Glad I tried it! :):drive:

Do you have to have the app open when you go through the tolls?

Do you have to have the app open when you go through the tolls?

Yes, app was running, I think it uses gps in the app to tell when you pass the tolls.

When I opened the app there is an option for map - I just opened that and it showed me where I was located and when I passed a toll. My phone did go black from lack of use and screen locked as normal during the drive- that wasn't a problem everything still registered correctly.

There may be other options I don't know about but that is what I understood and it worked very well.

Last edited:
Weeks later still no extra charges! Everything worked very well! Thanks PayTollo!
ExpatDisneyLover, Thank you! and You are welcome! If anything should have happened that was awry, users can contact support via the app, website, and Facebook. I glanced at our support dashboard and see that the team is resolving any cases within hours. We hope you can get back to Disney World soon!

Disclaimer: This response is from PayTollo, Inc. :)

Taking a trip Saturday (May20, 2017)...renting a car at SFB (Sanford) taking 417 to Osceola Pkwy... intend on using Paytollo both ways.
I'll report back sometime after May 24.

Paytollo seems to have worked out. Nice way to take care of tolls without having to drive thru the cash lanes.

Reporting back on PayTollo. I used the app while renting a car and it worked great! I will always use this option if I am using a car in Florida!

Paytollo seems to have worked out. Nice way to take care of tolls without having to drive thru the cash lanes.

I am most likely renting with Budget next week and would like to use Paytollo. How did you make sure that your rental company's e-toll technology (transponder or license plate photo) was disabled when going through these tolls? All I see on Budget's website is that you are automatically agreeing to their e-toll policy once you go through an electronic toll. I know the rental companies make it painful and bury any information about bypassing their technology before they give they lengthy hard-sell at the counter. I'm concerned that once I go through an electronic toll using Paytollo I am invoking Budget's e-toll policy.

I am interested in using this since we will be going from MCO to Daytona Beach to WDW to MCO - so a little more than just the local roads to Disney.

Thanks for any help

I rented through Alamo and didn't opt for the electronic pass - it wasn't a required purchase. I would ask budget how to decline it.

This is awesome! We're going August 1-12 and renting a car. I was concerned with having to remember about tolls or pay more for an e-pass to the rental company. Now I know I just download this app instead! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!