PBH Club level questions

jennib5426

DIS Veteran
So we took the plunge and booked club level at Portofino for our trip in January.
Can anyone tell me about the amenities? Food, drinks, crowds?
For some reason it was cheaper than HRH & RPR for club level 2 queen room.

We love PBH and their club level is great! It's located right off the lobby next to the American Bar. I've never seen it overly crowded and there is always plenty of seating. The staff is wonderful and are very helpful when it comes to any questions you may have both hotel and park related.

As far as food offerings we find PBH far above Disney where we have stayed at both AKL and Contemporary (Atrium and Tower) club many times. A quick comment about the staff again. IMO they are comparable to the staff at the Contemporary which we think are amazing, AKL, not so much. :)

Breakfast has a hot egg dish, a meat such as bacon, sausage etc. potatoes, pastries, muffins, breads, english muffins, cereals both hot and cold with add-ins, lots of fresh fruit, juices, chocolate and white milk, hot chocolate, teas and of course coffee with syrups. My family loves that hot items are available. Afternoon snacks are the standard and there is a beverage fridge that has sodas etc to grab. Water and fresh fruit are always available. As far as dinner every night there are cheeses, vegetables, crackers,breads, olives etc. plus a couple of hot dishes and a salad choice. Desserts are the standard cookies, cakes, mousses, cobblers, parfaits etc. Three to four are offered nightly. Beer and wine are complimentary, mixed drinks are charged. We don't but I'm sure people could make a meal out of dinner.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. :)

Last time we did club at Royal Pacific the only hot breakfast item was oatmeal. I excited to hear that they’ve been offering a real full hot breakfast.

Last time we did club at Royal Pacific the only hot breakfast item was oatmeal. I excited to hear that they’ve been offering a real full hot breakfast.

I'm not sure about Royal Pacific and what their offerings are currently. We haven't stayed there in years. :)

We haven’t been in years either so things might’ve changed. The PBH club level sounds great though.

Is club level access available for your entire check out day? Or does it stop at check out time?

Is club level access available for your entire check out day? Or does it stop at check out time?

No, most of the time it’s till check out time. If they’re quiet they may allow access a little later, but not including evening service.

We checked with the Concierge Managers about this as it’s frequently asked on here.

Thinking about going to the dark side next spring. We've been staying CL at multiple Disney Resorts the last 6 visits. My question...Is beer and wine available all day upon request like it is at Disney CL and can you bring your food back to the room or does it have to be consumed in the lounge?

Thinking about going to the dark side next spring. We've been staying CL at multiple Disney Resorts the last 6 visits. My question...Is beer and wine available all day upon request like it is at Disney CL and can you bring your food back to the room or does it have to be consumed in the lounge?

Beer and wine are only available during evening appetiser service.

Yes, you can take food back to your room.

We just got back from Portofino Club...It is pretty comparable to the deluxe Disney clubs with the exception being Boardwalk...they are hard to beat...food wise and service wise.

We enjoyed breakfast but lunch and dinner and dessert were so-so...

We did appreciate that the Mandara Spa is located at the Portofino and we enjoyed the pools...they really cater to you...the lounge chairs are PADDED and the towels are already in place on the pool chaises. Very attentive service too.

Our room was huge but be prepared it is a hike...easily the longest walk we have ever had to the club lounge and there were rooms and hallways well beyond our room.

Have a safe trip!

Is there a set rotating menu for the lunch and dinner offerings? is It enough to skip dinner at the parks/ city walk to do dinner in the club before heading back to the parks?

I believe it is snacks until the dinner period
(No lunch)

I’m sure someone that has been at club recently will correct me if they do now serve a lunch meal

I believe it is snacks until the dinner period
(No lunch)

I’m sure someone that has been at club recently will correct me if they do now serve a lunch meal

You`re correct.

Still only snack items available middle of the day.

Is there a set rotating menu for the lunch and dinner offerings? is It enough to skip dinner at the parks/ city walk to do dinner in the club before heading back to the parks?
Depends on what you and your family like for dinner. The dinner lounge offerings at PBR normally had some type of "meat" plate plus some sides. It wouldn't be considered super high quality or anything, but if you liked the main dish and the sides, it could definitely satisfy you.

When we stayed there late last year (7 nights), about half the nights we just ate dinner in the lounge. What we would do for the days we thought we'd like their dinner offering, is eat a later breakfast in the lounge. Lunch would be our main meal for the day. Then eat whatever we liked from the lounge's dinner. Doing that meant we only paid for one meal a day and worked well for us.

Depends on what you and your family like for dinner. The dinner lounge offerings at PBR normally had some type of "meat" plate plus some sides. It wouldn't be considered super high quality or anything, but if you liked the main dish and the sides, it could definitely satisfy you.

When we stayed there late last year (7 nights), about half the nights we just ate dinner in the lounge. What we would do for the days we thought we'd like their dinner offering, is eat a later breakfast in the lounge. Lunch would be our main meal for the day. Then eat whatever we liked from the lounge's dinner. Doing that meant we only paid for one meal a day and worked well for us.
Thanks for the info! We are only there for 3 nights I guess we will try it and see if it is worth it for us. While my dd and i enjoy food but don't expect gourmet dining for our theme park trips. we are all about the rides! we are the type that get the Disney DP and have a meal or 2 left over even thought we are usually there an extra day compared to nights (DDP is based on nights and I like to fly in early and leave late). My bf is simple but he's also a non planner so if he wants something to eat or drink he will not plan it around the club and just buy it in the parks so probably not a great value for him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!