Pearl Habour

jltdone

Mouseketeer
I have a question how far of a drive is it from Aulani to Pearl Habour and has anyone ever gone on Dec 7th to Pearl Habour?
we are wondering how busy it will be and if they even do tours on that day.
Thanks
Jay

I have a question how far of a drive is it from Aulani to Pearl Habour and has anyone ever gone on Dec 7th to Pearl Habour?
we are wondering how busy it will be and if they even do tours on that day.
Thanks
Jay

It's about 15 miles - or about 30 minutes when there is minimal traffic. Will take closer to an hour if you are trying to get near that gate during rush hour (0700-0900 or 1500-1800). This is for a normal day. For 12/7, the crowds will be intense.

Yes - The Pearl Harbor Memorial and the Arizona Memorial are open on December 7th, but many of the tour operators are typically closed. Pearl Harbor has a VERY large increase in visitors on December 7, which can mean extremely long lines and sometimes guests are not able to visit all the memorials they would have liked to. For this reason, I don’t recommend December 7 as the first time to visit Pearl Harbor. However, as a repeat visit, December 7 can be a time to see important people, survivors, and politicians at Pearl Harbor.

With Pearl Harbor, you need to either secure your tour time from the limited number of tickets available on the web site at 60 days out. Or you need to arrive early to wait in the standby line to get an assigned tour time. The closer you are to the front of the line, the earlier your tour time will be. The later your tour time, the more time you have to wait there. There is a museum area that's free (took us about an hour). You don't want to have to leave and come back, because parking can be a challenge later in the day.

I've not been on December 7th, but I imagine its a madhouse. I would probably arrive around 5am or earlier to get in the standby line for tickets. Personally, I would choose another day.

Another option is an organized tour. I'm not sure what Aulani offers, but we took one that included transportation to and from our Waikiki hotel. They also facilitated getting our tour tickets for us because our group needed to be on the same time schedule, so we didn't have to worry about getting an optimal tour time. I imagine all organized tours operate this way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!