Pearl Harbor

Disneybridewifemama

DIS Veteran
Considering taking our daughter to the pearl harbor memorial. She's only 6 and my husband and I have been before. I think she's a little young to understand it, but honestly I don't know that we'll ever be able to take her back to hawaii and I don't want to regret not taking her there.

What's the best way to get tickets? I'd like to only go to the arizona memorial, not all of the other ones. I don't want to make it an all day thing. We are going in April.

Thanks in advance!

THANK YOU! If only wanting to visit the arizona memorial, would this still be an all day excursion? How far is the drive from Aulani?

THANK YOU! If only wanting to visit the arizona memorial, would this still be an all day excursion? How far is the drive from Aulani?

I don't think it would be more than a half day, especially if you already have reserved tickets (keep in mind that with reserved tickets you will be expected to arrive at least one hour prior to your tour, but this is significantly less time than waiting for stand-by tickets + waiting for your tour after getting the tickets).

When we did it, the time from Aulani to the Arizona Memorial parking lot was about 25 minutes. Then, we had about an hour and ten minutes until our tour, during which time we walked around the site (museums, gift shops, etc.).

The tour itself includes a movie (about 15 minutes), boat ride over to the memorial (about 10 minutes), time at the memorial (about 15 minutes), and boat ride back (about 10 minutes). So a little less than one hour total.

Total time for the entire excursion (counting travel to/from Aulani) was about 3 hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter