Pennsylvania DVC Owners Group

A little bit east of Pittsburgh, here - Latrobe area (home of Mr. Rogers, Arnie Palmer and Rolling Rock beer - before it got shipped away :sad2: ). We bought into Copper Creek in 2019 and so far have only used our points for one night at Grand Californian in Jan as an add on to our ABD trip. Our son and his friends are celebrating (much belatedly and much rescheduled) their college graduation at CC starting this Sat. Then my husband and I plan on hitting up CC in October. We are looking forward to many, many years of DVC adventures!!

Hello fellow Pennsylvanians! DVC member from Hanover, PA since 2007. Own at Villas at Grand Floridian and Copper Creek Villas at Wilderness Lodge. Thanks for starting this group!

A little bit east of Pittsburgh, here - Latrobe area (home of Mr. Rogers, Arnie Palmer and Rolling Rock beer - before it got shipped away :sad2: ). We bought into Copper Creek in 2019 and so far have only used our points for one night at Grand Californian in Jan as an add on to our ABD trip. Our son and his friends are celebrating (much belatedly and much rescheduled) their college graduation at CC starting this Sat. Then my husband and I plan on hitting up CC in October. We are looking forward to many, many years of DVC adventures!!
Greetings, just over the hill from me in Johnstown.

Thanks for starting this group! We are BLT owners and love it! We visit each year and cancelled our early August trip, had second thoughts and rebooked last night for OKW in mid-August.

How was your stay?
It was quiet. We moved resorts when we heard Stormalong Bay was closed at BCV to OKW. We pretty much had a quiet pool all to ourselves (group of 9). Did Disney Springs, which was not that crowded and some resort hopping. Lots of eating, then walking around noticing the quiet details that are missed when running around during a normal trip. More time chatting with CM’s. We could hear Epcot music from the bridge between BWV and BCV because it was so eerily quiet.

Easton (home of Larry Holmes and the Crayola Crayon) / Lehigh Valley here, (just SLIGHTLY east of Pittsburgh, haha). We have been DVC owners since 2002; started with Old Key West, but a few years ago sold that to purchase Animal Kingdom. Now we also own at Saratoga and Boardwalk. March and June trips got canceled; planning for November and hoping it happens! Our group includes son from California and brother from Texas.

Export (Murrysville area) DVC owner here. Bought OKW 2017, and have done 7 trips since then, mainly at OKW, but have done a few other places for mainly shorter trips or split stays (Jambo, VGF, BCV, BWV, CCV, Poly)

There’s six of us ( my brother and I are the youngest), but the one sister has limited time off, so she doesn’t come as often as the rest of us do.

Have a stay at Kidani (points), and OKW (cash) starting next Thursday, and as of right now, still planning on going. Also have an OKW stay planned the end of April/beginning of May for my and my brother’s 30th.

Collegeville, PA here - outside of King of Prussia. Bought into Wilderness Lodge 2001 and added Saratoga a couple years later.

Just returned Sunday from a week stay in a Riviera 2 bedroom. One of the best trips we've ever had.

We are from Erie PA and have owned at OKW since 1997. Had a trip planned Oct 3-10 at BWV. Just cancelled yesterday. Looking forward to 2021!

Philly here. BLT owner since 2013. Did a 10 day from 7/9-18th. Don't know when we'll be back as we've been in a borrow a year for the last 2 and the current rules won't suit us going for like 3-4 days next summer (teacher here).

Just added a little directory in post #2. I will try to keep up with it. Let me know if I missed you or any of your info is incorrect or you want to add details.

Also, looks like BWV, the WL resorts and OKW are the big hits among us. With zero ownership at the off WDW properties (well, I own HHI for just a little longer as my sale just passed ROFR) and only 1 PVB and 1 RR.

Longest member goes to @BillPA with @DisneyFan5404 right behind him. Welcome home to our newest member, @Pens Fan!!

***stopped adding after adding BerryBoy on 9/28***Tally (that I will edit as we go):
AKV-8, BCV-5, BLT-6, BRV-8, BWV-10, CCV-5, OKW-6, PVB-1, RR-3, SSR-9, VGF-4
AUL-0, VGC-0, HHI-2, VB-0

Last edited:
Started in Philly, then to Norristown, and now out in Downingtown. We keep moving more rural! Own at AKL and have had to cancel 3 trips this year.

Hi! Phoenixville here! Own SSR and GFV, love GF! June cruise cancelled and we rescheduled for February 2021!
We were in DW in Dec 2019 right before the holidays, that's our normal trip. Great time.
As I drive around, love seeing DVC magnets on cars!

Hi! Phoenixville here! Own SSR and GFV, love GF! June cruise cancelled and we rescheduled for February 2021!
We were in DW in Dec 2019 right before the holidays, that's our normal trip. Great time.
As I drive around, love seeing DVC magnets on cars!

We are Phoenixville too! :)

We own SSR since 2011. Got back last week from a quick SSR and VB trip.

Hi everyone. From the Hershey area (Palmyra, if you've heard of it). BLT since 2009. We're checking in on Sunday for a 10 night split stay at AKL and BWV. Can't wait. We really need a vacation
Hershey. Owned since 2002 at BCV. Added on at BRV and AKV.

Last edited:
Hello all! Pittsburgh area here. We have been owners since 2016 and own at SSR and OKW. Daughter bought in last year at RIV. Our last trip was end of June beginning of July to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Ended up being a great time for us and very happy we went. Currently have a trip planned with friends in the middle of September - was originally supposed to be two separate trips (one September, one in October) but had to combine due to DH having to quarantine for work when we return. Had a September cruise cancelled that we moved to April 2021.

Thank you for starting a PA owners thread! Love seeing all the members from our state :)

Jen

Greetings. Another Pittsburgher here. Just east in the community of Level Green. Been members at SSR since 2010. Staying at BWV next week, SSR in October and April for the Star Wars Half Marathon. The next two trips replace the one cancelled in April.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter