Pennsylvania DVC Owners Group

I added on a short Dec trip to use up some of my points that I had used for a May trip. I have a lot more points in the 21 use year as well, so I may have to splurge some next year and stay in 1 bedrooms instead of the studios I normally use.

We just shortened our Jan BWV marathon trip from 8 nights to 5 and then added 4 nights the beginning of Dec at SSR. My DDs and I are signed up for the 10K in Jan but I suspect that will be cancelled so then we probably won't do that trip as DH was just told they go back to office in Jan plus it's the beginning of his busy season at work. And one DD graduates in Dec and will be looking to start working ASAP (teaching). We plan to do Thanksgiving in MD with all the family and then drive down to FL. We booked a house in Palm Coast as well for a 2 week trip. If we cancel the 5 BWV Jan nights I will probably just try to use at HHI in spring.

When is the next time you will be at WDW/DVC property (can't forget about HHI or Vero)

We are at 109 days to go till our Thanksgiving week trip!!

Anyone else due to visit in 2020?

Also I heard that the Tambu lounge is supposed to be reopening this month which is awesome news - and they are starting to get additional dole whip flavors in MK (raspberry) - so it's slowly looking like the supply issues are getting worked out.

Philly Center City near the Liberty Bell here-- BWV/BLT owners since 2011. Was a Jersey girl, then long time (17yrs) Manhattan resident before moving to Danville, PA. Wasn't crazy about rural life, so moved to Philly but now Covid, we are thinking about moving back to Danville (by Bucknell and Bloomsburg U) for the easy small town living.

Any advice/opinions?!

Philly Center City near the Liberty Bell here-- BWV/BLT owners since 2011. Was a Jersey girl, then long time (17yrs) Manhattan resident before moving to Danville, PA. Wasn't crazy about rural life, so moved to Philly but now Covid, we are thinking about moving back to Danville (by Bucknell and Bloomsburg U) for the easy small town living.

Any advice/opinions?!
I am in Johnstown, very little COVID here.

I am in Johnstown, very little COVID here.
Is Johnstown near Danville? Yes, my friends in Danville say it's pretty much not around. We went up for a visit over father's day and spent the entire weekend at the local country club hanging out by the pool. The kids and I had not been out of our city apartment and had not socialized in months at that point. It was compelling.

Philly schools are going 100% virtual until at the earliest November. This is not ideal.

Last edited:
Is Johnstown near Danville? Yes, my friends in Danville say it's pretty much not around. We went up for a visit over father's day and spent the entire weekend at the local country club hanging out by the pool. The kids and I had not been out of our city apartment and had not socialized in months at that point. It was compelling.

Philly schools are going 100% virtual until at the earliest November. This is not ideal.
Not really, it is closer to Pittsburgh, in Cambria County.

We live in Chalfont (Bucks County), but I grew up outside of Scranton and lived in Pittsburgh for three years. We own at GF and HHI. We stayed at BCV July 19th-25th. Just cancelled our HHI trip for the end of August. [We don’t want to quarantine for two weeks again. ]

When is the next time you will be at WDW/DVC property (can't forget about HHI or Vero)

We are at 109 days to go till our Thanksgiving week trip!!

Anyone else due to visit in 2020?

Also I heard that the Tambu lounge is supposed to be reopening this month which is awesome news - and they are starting to get additional dole whip flavors in MK (raspberry) - so it's slowly looking like the supply issues are getting worked out.
7 days until HHI. Driving from PA and decided to stay in Florence the night before so we don't lose our entire first day driving.

Any advice/opinions?!

When Covid began in March, I started working exclusively from home (Montgomery County). It didn't take long for me to realize that I'd be more comfortable at my Pocono house. So, the second week of March, my wife, myself, and our 3 dogs closed up our KOP house and moved to the Poconos. The overall area outside our gated lake community near Tamaqua has had very little Covid. However, the community members here act as if the gates on our community block out the virus, and continue to not wear masks or social distance, despite reports of Covid deaths at the local hospital. So, in some ways, I actually feel less safe here than I did in KOP. But, on the other hand, it's so much nicer to work here in the quiet and cool mountains than hot and humid Philadelphia!

When Covid began in March, I started working exclusively from home (Montgomery County). It didn't take long for me to realize that I'd be more comfortable at my Pocono house. So, the second week of March, my wife, myself, and our 3 dogs closed up our KOP house and moved to the Poconos. The overall area outside our gated lake community near Tamaqua has had very little Covid. However, the community members here act as if the gates on our community block out the virus, and continue to not wear masks or social distance, despite reports of Covid deaths at the local hospital. So, in some ways, I actually feel less safe here than I did in KOP. But, on the other hand, it's so much nicer to work here in the quiet and cool mountains than hot and humid Philadelphia!
Wish we could get out of the city :). In laws had a house at Pocono Pines (Lake Naomi?). DH works in the hospital, so we are stuck here. On the plus side, we've been eating out almost every meal so no cooking!!

Nepa member here. Have cx’ed 3 trips already and prob our upcoming Jan trip. Have a June booked bit again who knows. Have lived in nepa my whole life. Same town actually. Small town living. Would want it no other way. Been trying to just work and fish as much as possible to pass the time. We have been members since 06-07 I think. Don’t really remember. Disney has been part of our life. What brought my wife and myself together. We collected wdcc since we have been together till it ended. We deff long to return to Disney. Just doesn’t look like it’s in the cards right now.

7 days until HHI. Driving from PA and decided to stay in Florence the night before so we don't lose our entire first day driving.
We were suppose to be in North Carolina next week. Ya cxed that too. Not a Disney beach trip. Just the yearly beach trip.

NW PA here, bought Riviera in February and just booked our first DVC stay for a 2 BR at the Riviera next July! We are 30 min south of Erie, PA. we were supposed to be at Disney this week at SS, but not booked through DVC. We were booked at a resort that wasn't opened and were moved there. Thanks to COVID running rampant in Florida, instead of a 9 night Disney trip we're camping for 3 nights at a local lake. It will be fun, but certainly not the trip we were hoping for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter