People get on buses at DS keep resort guests from getting to parks

Seeing how it's been going on since DS was built, I doubt they'll address it beyond what they have, which is limit the MK area resorts in the early morning. Just use the first bus stop at the multi bus stop resorts and you'll be fine.
Probably will utilize Uber a lot.

Sounds like they need to do what they did for the MK area resorts for all of the resorts...no bus service to the resorts from Disney Springs until 11 am.
I thought they had done that. Must be a recent change. I know when I got off the bus coming from BCV the driver told the people trying to get on "sorry, we don't do return trips until the stores are open one hour" (AKA 11 am )

And I Have stayed at OKW a lot. IT's not uncommon for the buses to fill up very quickly and it was not due to freeloaders. The units are BIG, the first stop is near the food and.... it can fill up just with guests at the resort. (One of the reasons I always have a car there)

we are staying at SSR, I am not a fan of our last trip 10 years ago at the BC when we were packed into the buses. Is that still the case nowadays? Should we rent a car to avoid this

I’m surprised they still have free parking there. You’ve had to pay at DTD at DL for as long as I can remember. For exactly that reason!

I’m surprised they still have free parking there. You’ve had to pay at DTD at DL for as long as I can remember. For exactly that reason!
Charging for parking would IMO greatly reduce the number of locals coming in to browse or have dinner, which would in turn reduce the value of property rentals at DS and cause conflict with the tenants. Also, the garage exits are single lane, which would create backups if payment was collected upon exiting, which would be required to implement any kind of validation scheme.

Charging for parking would IMO greatly reduce the number of locals coming in to browse or have dinner, which would in turn reduce the value of property rentals at DS and cause conflict with the tenants. Also, the garage exits are single lane, which would create backups if payment was collected upon exiting, which would be required to implement any kind of validation scheme.

Then offer validated parking if you spend a certain amount, say $50 bucks or so.

I still don't understand why they are running buses from Disney Springs when it's not even open.
Because it's a bus hub, and the driver's who report there are needed during park opening peak time. The way the bus dispatch system is designed requires drivers to start and end each trip at their assigned hub. They could redesign the morning routes and temporarily assign DS drivers to another hub in the morning, but that would cost money which they haven't chosen to spend.

Some buses need to go into DS later in the a.m. so that Guests can get to BBB, and also transfer to TL. Once those buses are there, they need to go someplace, so they are sent to a resort to pick up for DS or for a park.

This is something I would've expected the Trackers to do prior to them becoming AP Holders. Tim and Jenn always did shady stuff to avoid paying to park at the themeparks.
I imagine they are pass holders. Wouldn't that entitle them to free parking?

Yeah but um this is Downtown Disney in CA:
upload_2018-6-14_17-33-14.png

And this is Disney Springs in FL:
upload_2018-6-14_17-34-32.png

It's ridiculously easy to figure out why charged parking is/does make more sense in DLR.

Again DLR and WDW are different in a variety of ways.

Yeah but um this is Downtown Disney in CA:
View attachment 329749

And this is Disney Springs in FL:
View attachment 329751

It's ridiculously easy to figure out why charged parking is/does make more sense in DLR.

Again DLR and WDW are different in a variety of ways.
Well clearly DS has the same problem, and a handy bus to take people straight to the park while we can just walk there. Different layout/size, same beast.

Well clearly DS has the same problem, and a handy bus to take people straight to the park while we can just walk there. Different layout/size, same beast.
No they don't have the same problem on the same scale at all. DLR is landlocked in a downtown area. WDW is not landlocked-they are even building a 3rd parking garage--can DLR build more parking spaces?

Whoever is using transportation for Disney-owned hotels to get to the parks by means of parking at DS would be exponentially larger for those in DLR due to its characteristics.

I would not expect free parking at all in a downtown area in any place I visit but for Disney Springs in FL..paid parking would significantly reduce people's desires to even go there and Disney, so far, knows that. As with anything it's does the pros outweigh the cons. I really don't know that there's a huge rush of people consistently parking at Disney Springs walking over to the Disney-owned hotels and using bus transportation there. Some people? probably but a huge amount? unlikely. But I could totally see that for Downtown Disney if the parking was free.

No they don't have the same problem on the same scale at all. DLR is landlocked in a downtown area. WDW is not landlocked-they are even building a 3rd parking garage--can DLR build more parking spaces?

Whoever is using transportation for Disney-owned hotels to get to the parks by means of parking at DS would be exponentially larger for those in DLR due to its characteristics.

I would not expect free parking at all in a downtown area in any place I visit but for Disney Springs in FL..paid parking would significantly reduce people's desires to even go there and Disney, so far, knows that. As with anything it's does the pros outweigh the cons. I really don't know that there's a huge rush of people consistently parking at Disney Springs walking over to the Disney-owned hotels and using bus transportation there. Some people? probably but a huge amount? unlikely. But I could totally see that for Downtown Disney if the parking was free.

I’m not sure I understand most of your post. However, DLR does have room to build and is actually building a new parking garage right now ;-) we do have space to add parking and could even put another garage or two where there are flat lots, which I think will happen when the Star Wars Hotel gets finished. You really can’t just park on a nearby city street and go to DTD, it may be in the middle of a city (not downtown, it is a resort district) but the city isn’t about to absorb all of those cars.

We can get validated to shop and eat at DTD. Plenty of people still come to do so, even with a parking fee. But the issue of people parking to go to the theme parks is cut down substantially by charging for parking or needing validation.

If you read the post, I said "PRIOR" to them becoming Passholders they would routinely lie to the guard shack about eating a resort and then go to MK, Epcot, etc.
I did read the post but obviously missed that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!