Peru trip: Internal flight questions

JenaRuns

Mouseketeer
Hi, all! We recently got an e-mail from ABD giving us a heads-up that our flight from Lima to Cusco has strict baggage rules: 44 pounds for the suitcase and 10 pounds for the carry-on. If either exceeds these limits, we will be subject to additional charges. So.....

1. Do you have any idea how much these extra charges might be? ABD didn't say, and I've looked at several websites in both English and Spanish without finding even a mention of it.

2. Do they make an exception for the weight of medical equipment? I'll have to take my CPAP machine, and it plus the bag may run over 10 pounds.

Thanks for any info you might share!

2. Do they make an exception for the weight of medical equipment? I'll have to take my CPAP machine, and it plus the bag may run over 10 pounds.

Is this something you can carry on? Perhaps you can gate check it? I had my camera equipment in my carry on and it weighs quite a bit and I don't remember having a problem.

My dad had a CPAP on the Peru trip. There were no issues with it. I did stick to the guidelines but know the guides will help out with this if they can.

Thanks! Yes, I always put my CPAP in a carry-on. It's fragile, so I'm afraid it might get smushed in the cargo hold. I'm hoping to get a smaller one than the one I currently have, but I might not have it in time for the trip.

My wife and I are generally heavy packers when traveling. For our internal Peru flights I can't remember if we had heavy bags or not but either way we didn't have any issues with our luggage. I also have a CPAP and I did carry that onto the plane in addition to my day bag and I didn't get questioned or hassled about doing that. Either way talk to your guides as they have seen and done it all so relax and have fun!

Thanks for replying. Maybe that airline isn't as strict on their baggage requirements as ABD wants us to think. I hope not. I want souvenirs!! :-)

Thanks for replying. Maybe that airline isn't as strict on their baggage requirements as ABD wants us to think. I hope not. I want souvenirs!! :-)
Or, perhaps they're trying to prepare you for the worst case scenario, because someone at some point did get caught overweight. :) Sometimes it really depends on who is checking you in.

Sayhello

We had similar concerns before we left. Don't worry about the weigh limits for the carry on, since mine was way above that with my camera loaded. The airline ended up gate checking half our carry on bags, even though there was plenty of storage space in the bins.

We we also ended up bringing an extra checked bag back with us, packed full of souvenirs. Along with an extra "personal item" or two. The Guides had a few additional baggage tags since one of the families traveled with carry one only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!