Pete made me do it!

Finally took the leap and put an offer on my first DVC contract! A day later and it’s accepted so Boardwalk Villas here we come! After watching the DVC show I just couldn’t resist any longer!!! (Well that and I found out I actually don’t need a new roof yet so that helped on the cost end). Fingers crossed on the ROFR but the price seems to be over what they’ve been taking back so I’m hopefully that it’ll be all good.

Congrats on your purchase and wishing you luck on ROFR! Boardwalk is a fantastic resort with a great location and so much to do!

Pete and the team is hitting me with some add-on-itis as well, but so far resisting. Partly because I haven't yet completely paid off my first contract. (Our 2nd contract we paid cash.)

Started looking at contracts this week. No offers yet because I am being very specific with what I want, but dang it!

Where are you looking to buy this time?

I'm looking to add on at AKV. I can't bring myself to buy a 2042 contract, and of the newer resorts, the only real values I see are BLT and AKV (and SSR but I really don't like that resort). The problem is we've never stayed at BLT because I simply don't really like the theme, so I just can't see buying there whereas we absolutely adore AKV. The other reason I want more points there is that while we enjoy staying in studios and that's mostly what we can afford, if we could occasionally get a value 1-bedroom, which is a point price we could afford, it would be a nice perk.

Oh ok, I've seen these, and yes they are awesome.
I agree 100%. When I first started looking at DVC in early 2017, I used the boards to learn about it. I usually research things pretty thoroughly and really appreciated these. They helped to balance comments that I would run across that indicated “there is no availability”, etc. I like to see details and skier_pete’s spreadsheets really made things clear and helped me understand what my expectations should be. I also wanted to be able to stay one week a year in a studio at VGF in late November/early December and this helped me understand that I really needed to own there in order to be able to do that.

Ha! Pete sort of convinced me too. I had just booked a stay in a Boardwalk Studio villa, paying with cash, and that got me thinking... So my daughter and I just had our Boardwalk trip last week, and during our vacation, we finally got our DVC membership finalized with access to the web site. Within a day we had our next three trips lined up - it was too easy! My family has had a glorious time with every Disney vacation so now we look forward to keeping them coming. We did not even feel too sad when it was time to walk out the gates of Magic Kingdom.

Ha! Pete sort of convinced me too. I had just booked a stay in a Boardwalk Studio villa, paying with cash, and that got me thinking... So my daughter and I just had our Boardwalk trip last week, and during our vacation, we finally got our DVC membership finalized with access to the web site. Within a day we had our next three trips lined up - it was too easy! My family has had a glorious time with every Disney vacation so now we look forward to keeping them coming. We did not even feel too sad when it was time to walk out the gates of Magic Kingdom.
Awesome! Congrats and welcome home on your next trip!

Me too! The DVC Show has messed me up! I've already made one offer, but I was too late on it. Now back to the websites and waiting for the right contract to pop up! It's great and I think I already have add-on-i-tis lol

I got points envy seeing Pete talk about all his points, so just had an offer accepted on my fourth contract yesterday.
From going to not realising I wanted more points, to making an offer, then having it accepted took under 1 hour. Even a seasoned resale purchaser such as myself was surprised with how quick I spent another 12k.

Yep it’s Pete’s fault I’m currently waiting to hear about my offer on BLT. it’s been two hours. The wait is killing me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter