Peter Pan (other rides at both WDW and DL)

I'm considering skipping Snow White (to scary?).

My kids never thought the dark rides were particularly scary, but some kids do. I think it depends on the kid and also how aware they are. A baby isn't likely to find them scary because they don't know better. A three year old may find the witch and the dark and the spooky trees terrifying.

My Peter Pan plans are of this thinking: If we can be on within ten minutes of park opening then it is worth riding first thing. If we cannot be on quickly, then we skip it and plan to ride it later in the day when all the lines are long or try for it another day. The line gets long fast. Of course everyone thinks it's the ride they should do first, so they all rush there. People end up waiting 30 minutes for the ride first thing in the morning when all the other rides in Fantasyland are walk ons. The rides only last about 2 minutes. You can easily do 6 or 7 other Fantasyland rides in the first hour if you skip Peter Pan. Also, I think one problem is that many people are in groups of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids), and you can't fit that many people in the pirate ships on Peter Pan. Same problem at Toad's, it fits two unless you have a lap baby. Mr. Toad's isn't as popular as Peter Pan, but the line backs up more than Snow White or Pinocchio, which both easily sit 2 parents with their 2 or 3 kids. Alice gets long lines as I think it's probably just as popular as Peter Pan but the caterpillars seat 4 easily. Alice has always been a fun ride, add to it that it was redone a few years ago. If you don't go straight to Peter Pan, consider going straight to Alice. Another longish wait in Fantasyland is the Canal boats. Your daughter may really enjoy those. They are not usually open during Magic Morning, but should open just as the park opens. I recommend you ride those as soon as they open if you're interested in riding them.

As long as it's not a DL early-entry day--or it is and you're staying at a DL hotel and take advantage of it--if you arrive before rope drop and IMMEDIATELY head to PP at rope drop, it's a walk-on or nearly. But the window is small (as in, the first five minutes.) I've done all Fantasyland dark rides beginning with PP in half an hour like this, so it's possible. The other dark rides don't build huge queues in the morning the way PP does, so first thing is really the best option if you're going to try and ride it. Just be ready to do a quick stroller park when you get there.

Please don't skip Pooh. It is my four year olds absolute favorite ride in DL. :) I can understand adults saying it isn't great, but the littles love it! She will ride it multiple times in a row. And I personally think it's adorable. The best candy shop is located at the exit, and the Pooh characters also meet there.

I'm a PP fan. We were at rope drop this past Friday and we went to PP first thing. Then we rode Alice, Mr. Toad and Buzz. Space Mountain had a long wait and wasn't moving even though the operators said the ride was running. We left and headed over to Adventure Land. We ended up going on 9 rides in the first two hours of the park opening. Disneyland seems more laid back than WDW. There isn't the throngs of people at Disneyland at rope drop. If you like PP, go for it. It won't set you back in getting accomplished what you want to do.

I'm new to DL but this sounds like a good plan. Does Peter Pan have a Fast Pass?

As long as it's not a DL early-entry day--or it is and you're staying at a DL hotel and take advantage of it--if you arrive before rope drop and IMMEDIATELY head to PP at rope drop, it's a walk-on or nearly. But the window is small (as in, the first five minutes.)

This is why our rule of thumb is if we can get on right away, within ten minutes. We have lucked out a few times and been able to get on quickly. However, even right at rope drop we've experienced throngs of people running to Peter Pan. So many that by the time we've parked the stroller next to the ride and jumped in line we've had to wait for 30 minutes. This is getting in line in the time it took us to walk quickly through the castle, park the stroller right outside the ride, and get in the line (maybe 2 minutes).

Is the queue for the DLP PP updated and enhanced, the way it was at WDW?

We skipped it at WDW for various reasons, but my only reason for wanting to go on it was for the queue, not the ride. If the queue isn't special at DLP, we'll likely skip it again. We've both been on older versions of it.

We skipped it at WDW for various reasons, but my only reason for wanting to go on it was for the queue, not the ride. If the queue isn't special at DLP, we'll likely skip it again. We've both been on older versions of it.
It is not.

Thank you! The canal boats are totally on my must do list! I'm considering skipping Snow White (to scary?).
I've seen a few children not go on anymore dark rides after Snow White's Scary Adventures because they were too scared. I would save that one for after Alice in Wonderland and some of the other dark rides.

It is not.
As the PP said it is not. But DL did update the PP ride itself maybe 2 years ago with some cool projections that MK does not have.

In general WDW beats DLR on queue design. It is what it is. Until very recently, I would have said that DLR beats WDW on the rides themselves. I would rather have a better ride than a better queue. With the recent additions at WDW, I am ready to concede that WDW has caught up to DLR on rides. Yes, pound for pound on the rides that are similar, DLR is usually better. But on rides unique to WDW vs. unique to DLR, I think WDW now has the edge.

I still love DLR but I am just calling it like I see it. :)

:wizard:

Last edited:
I will say, I find BTMRR to be much smoother at DL than WDW. Not sure why.

DL replaced the entire track on BTMRR a couple years back which made it a bit smoother. Add the dynamite finale and its a better ride than WDW.

I just recently went to WDW for the first time, I live in California so I go on our Peter Pan all the time. I felt like it was almost the same.. Maybe it's just me..

Pirates on the other hand is wayyyy better at Disneyland, that's for sure.

I think the enhancements they did to PP a couple of years ago make it significantly different from the WDW version, and therefore worth the rope-drop run, especially with a 2 year-old in the party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter