Phone charging in the parks

Funny, I had read on another thread a poster mentioning her husband had to go fuel his rod. I thought it was a weird euphemism for going to the bathroom. :laughing:

We have always brought a booster that we got off of Amazon. I just make sure to put it in a Ziploc bag for wet rides. Not too expensive and easy enough to use while in the parks.

A Mophie case does my Iphone fine for an all day charge as well as protects the phone. Costs somewhere between 60.00 and 80.00 and pays for itself with 2-3 Fuel Rods. I also limit the amt of enabled apps to further keep battery usage down.

At Costco for $30 bought a system that comes with two small batteries that will charge a I-phone from near dead to full twice. That means 2x2 is four full charges with the charge stand is included. We used it a lot more when I had my old phone but need it less for my new one. For the price of one fuel rod I have the system to use as many times as I want (till the batteries give out).

A Mophie case does my Iphone fine for an all day charge as well as protects the phone. Costs somewhere between 60.00 and 80.00 and pays for itself with 2-3 Fuel Rods. I also limit the amt of enabled apps to further keep battery usage down.
Fuel rods cost $25-$30. You only pay that once, not every time you swap it.

I carry a 26800 mah power bank in my bag,it has 3 inputs,3 out puts and has quick charge 3.0.I charge all 3 of our phones and the iPods while we are in the park. I won’t go in the parks with out it after using it several years now.

Fuel rods are great when you have large parties and kids. We have found that one keeps a party of 6 charged all day and evening, but for 7-12 people, 2 are needed. I don't have to worry about kids wasting power or conserving for the fireworks. We probably swap out 8+ times on a 12 hour park day, and we are still using free swaps from our purchase 2 or 3 years ago! No way we would carry around enough power banks for everyone and deal with more stuff to charge every evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter