Photo sharing: Sony Alpha

Went back (once again) to some files from my last WDW trip.

This was shot at ISO 6400. Raw photo was mostly black. I had to push exposure up +3.5, so that's over ISO 50,000 right? Push Shadows all the way and also push all Noise Reduction sliders all the way to the right.

Still not half bad. 5 years from now, the sensors will be letting us shoot this at f/8. lol.

A7R2 + FE 85 1.8 @ 1.8.

i-h4TzKVz-X3.jpg

Last edited:

How did it go with the a6000? What lens did you end up using?
I mostly used the Tamron 18 - 200. It seemed whenever I had the Sigma 30 mm prime on the camera some wildlife would appear in the distance so I just keep on the zoom lens. I did get some decent wildlife even with the Tamron.

I've been lax in posting to this thread - other than one moon shot, I last posted some Disney shots from my June trip. So to catch up a bit, here are a few shots with the 18-135mm 'kit' lens (it's my new kit lens, anyway) on my first day up on my September trip, staying at Saratoga Springs and spending the first day boating over to Port Orleans Riverside and back, then taking some late night still shots of Disney Springs from my Saratoga Springs balcony:

On the boat over to Riverside, passing Disney Springs:

original.jpg

Some cloudy late afternoon skies around Port Orleans Riverside:
original.jpg

original.jpg

Sun setting over the main building, from across the river:
original.jpg

On the boat back, dusk over Disney Springs' Boathouse:
original.jpg

6:30am the next morning, all's still and quiet at Disney Springs - for all of these shots, I'm standing on my 1-bedroom villa balcony, handheld, using MFNR or HDR stacking modes in camera and shooting at ISO 6,400:
original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

I love this Chris! When were you in Breckenridge?

Thanks Kathy - was there last week for a family destination wedding. My cousin's son was married and he and his new wife are skier and snowboarders.

I stayed off the slopes and instead worked out the camera. :D

Thanks Kathy - was there last week for a family destination wedding. My cousin's son was married and he and his new wife are skier and snowboarders.

I stayed off the slopes and instead worked out the camera. :D

Lucky you! It's been a great year for snow and you got to enjoy it a little!

I didn't realize it's been more than 9 months since I posted any wildlife shots in here...my last few have been stuff shot at Disney, so it feels like time to catch up with some favorite wetlands wildlife shots taken for the rest of 2018 since last summer - all with the A6300 and FE100-400mm combo:

A baby alligator, eye level, ISO 6400:
original.jpg

Baby tricolor heron chasing down mom to beg for some food:
original.jpg

Green heron giving the 'eye':
original.jpg

Double-crested cormorant, aka 'old blue eyes':
original.jpg

Green iguana climbing a tree, closeup:
original.jpg

Mating pair of great blue herons:
original.jpg

Ibis flying by in clear skies:
original.jpg

Pied-billed grebe all puffed up:
original.jpg

Osprey on the hunt:
original.jpg

Cormorant water takeoff, with strong backlighting:
original.jpg

Anhinga flying past the foliage at sunset:
original.jpg

Cormorant heading back to the nest with fortifications:
original.jpg

Ibis air-braking to land while a photographer shoots in a different direction in the background:
original.jpg

I didn't realize it's been more than 9 months since I posted any wildlife shots in here...my last few have been stuff shot at Disney, so it feels like time to catch up with some favorite wetlands wildlife shots taken for the rest of 2018 since last summer - all with the A6300 and FE100-400mm combo:

A baby alligator, eye level, ISO 6400:
original.jpg

Baby tricolor heron chasing down mom to beg for some food:
original.jpg

Green heron giving the 'eye':
original.jpg

Double-crested cormorant, aka 'old blue eyes':
original.jpg

Green iguana climbing a tree, closeup:
original.jpg

Mating pair of great blue herons:
original.jpg

Ibis flying by in clear skies:
original.jpg

Pied-billed grebe all puffed up:
original.jpg

Osprey on the hunt:
original.jpg

Cormorant water takeoff, with strong backlighting:
original.jpg

Anhinga flying past the foliage at sunset:
original.jpg

Cormorant heading back to the nest with fortifications:
original.jpg

Ibis air-braking to land while a photographer shoots in a different direction in the background:
original.jpg

Justin, these are awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter