Photos of Contemporary Construction

skoi

DIS Veteran
We're just back, and took these photos. My daughter swears she can see the C-shape in the building, but that's just because CR is one of her favorites and she knows with a family of soon-to-be six, the only way she's staying there is if there's a DVC.

IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0696.jpg

Didn't really hear any rumors, but had a great time.

Absolutely the best pictures I've seen to date - great closeups and detail.

Thank you so much .

Now if you cqn just lend me some money for the CRV deposit.......:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I am just back as well, and have some pictures, though they look just like those posted, so there is no sense in duplicating. I did also get some photos of the interior work. The new carpet is down in the GCC, and the MEP slab work is complete for the new shops. Temporary walls are still up, and the shops are a long way off, but I spoke with the foreman of the painting sub (his company is doing some work for me), and his schedule calls for final trim out in November. That seems a bit too optimistic to both of us, but anything is possible. It appears that the walls of the new shop may be prefabricated, so the construction of the actual shop may go much quicker than normal.

FWIW, the grader for the project (actually, the sub-sub) is also working for me on another local project (I guess I should mention that I am a commercial contractor). The plans they were issued were limited to civil drawings only; this is abnormal because the entirety of the the contract documents in construction include all pages of the drawings, even those in which no scope is specified. Also, the project name is only "Disney's Contemporary Resort." It is not "Disney's Contemporary Suites" nor is it "Disney's Contemporary Vacation Club Resort" (both names previously identified on this site). I will say that everybody working on the project says it is time share villas, though that is (obviously) nothing official.

Well, I still maintain they are building another meet and greet area :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter