Picking up tickets via will call?

friedela

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever done it? Because we purchased our tickets as canadian residents and got a discount I believe we need to present our passports/picture ID and the credit card we bought the tickets with. If we wanted to pick our tickets up the day before we are going to the parks is that possible? (just wondering if there is a spot to turn around and not enter the parks that day). We are doing HS for our first park day and want to get to Jedi Training sign up right away so we are hoping to expedite the process and get the tickets a day early. Also, can we pick up the tickets at a resort if we aren't staying on property?

TIA!

Last edited:
Has anyone every done it? Because we purchased our tickets as canadian residents and got a discount I believe we need to present our passports/picture ID and the credit card we bought the tickets with. If we wanted to pick our tickets up the day before we are going to the parks is that possible? (just wondering if there is a spot to turn around and not enter the parks that day). We are doing HS for our first park day and want to get to Jedi Training sign up right away so we are hoping to expedite the process and get the tickets a day early. Also, can we pick up the tickets at a resort if we aren't staying on property?

TIA!
HI! You just need to show proof of residency (Passport is your best bet for this), no need to show credit card you used because some of us got tickets thru Airmiles or other locations, they won't ask for this.
You can go to any Guest Relations/Service/Ticket Booth at any of the parks or Disney Springs -- resorts can't handle this request.
If you go to Disney Springs you can have a bite to eat & wander around to start your Disney trip.
If you want to just go somewhere that you can stop and show your IDs and pick up your hard tickets (no Magic Bands if you're not staying on-site unless you choose to buy some) you can go to the TTC. There is a small parking lot outside the Lost & Found booth that is free for short term stops and the ticket booths are right there as well. You just head towards the Magic Kingdom Parking Lot and tell the CM at the booth that you are heading to Lost & Found and they will wave you thru -- the lot is just before you get to the Poly.

Have a blast

Has anyone ever done it? Because we purchased our tickets as canadian residents and got a discount I believe we need to present our passports/picture ID and the credit card we bought the tickets with. If we wanted to pick our tickets up the day before we are going to the parks is that possible? (just wondering if there is a spot to turn around and not enter the parks that day). We are doing HS for our first park day and want to get to Jedi Training sign up right away so we are hoping to expedite the process and get the tickets a day early. Also, can we pick up the tickets at a resort if we aren't staying on property?

TIA!

I bought tickets last May for the first time other than getting hard tickets in the mail. So here I am, just as you are, with tickets I've already linked to MDE, that I still have to "get" before we enter the parks the day after we arrive! (Btw, I am still wondering what the heck "will call" means!) Anyway, here is a pic of my email re picking them up...first, I'm unsure of what I actually need to present, if you notice the circled parts, do I need the credit card or not? That is really here nor there, but still, it's confusing. But most importantly, I'm also concerned with the fact that I can't do this at my resort. Arrgghh! As this is also the first time flying in, instead of driving, and having no car, what is the nearest/quickest place to get our tickets on that day when we plan on being at MK for rope drop the following day? Don't want to waste valuable early morning park time getting tickets!RE DISNEY TICKET.jpg

@MouseMum Yes, it sounds confusing (and frustrating) but it's not that bad really. Some of the information you see in your email is generic and applies to ANY ticket media purchases
  • Like i said above, you do NOT need to show your method of purchase. ***Might be wrong here!! some have been asked
  • Just ignore the phrase "Will Call" that refers to any kind of ticket purchasing that you will pick up when you arrive -- any event, concert, play, movie, theme park.
  • No can't do it at your resort, they are not equipped to handle this
  • You can go to ANY ticket counter, Guest Relations/Service at any of the parks or Disney Springs
  • Just let them know you want to verify your residency .. tap your Magic Band to the mickey head, show your passport and you'll be good to go.

You don't need to wait till the day you are going to MK to do all of this... when are you getting in? I see you're staying at POFQ, why not take the boat to Disney Springs after you check in, grab a bite to eat, check out the stores and get your tickets squared away? When you get back to your room, stash your passports in the safe, get a good night's sleep and hit the ground running the next day for rope drop!

You'll have a blast with your daughter!

*****ETA .. it appears that the possibility to produce method of payment is there ..

Last edited:
We picked ours up at disney springs the day before our first park day. They did ask us for the credit card I used, as well as our ID for each person.

We picked ours up at disney springs the day before our first park day. They did ask us for the credit card I used, as well as our ID for each person.
You had to show your cc? Good to know because I don’t usually travel with the card I used to buy our tickets. I guess I’ll have to take it on this trip. I thought we only needed our passports.

:confused3
@MouseMum Yes, it sounds confusing (and frustrating) but it's not that bad really. Some of the information you see in your email is generic and applies to ANY ticket media purchases
  • Like i said above, you do NOT need to show your method of purchase.
  • Just ignore the phrase "Will Call" that refers to any kind of ticket purchasing that you will pick up when you arrive -- any event, concert, play, movie, theme park.
  • No can't do it at your resort, they are not equipped to handle this
  • You can go to ANY ticket counter, Guest Relations/Service at any of the parks or Disney Springs
  • Just let them know you want to verify your residency .. tap your Magic Band to the mickey head, show your passport and you'll be good to go.

You don't need to wait till the day you are going to MK to do all of this... when are you getting in? I see you're staying at POFQ, why not take the boat to Disney Springs after you check in, grab a bite to eat, check out the stores and get your tickets squared away? When you get back to your room, stash your passports in the safe, get a good night's sleep and hit the ground running the next day for rope drop!

You'll have a blast with your daughter!

Then Disney Springs it is! Can you direct me to anywhere in particular we can go to get this done when we disembark the boat? I've only been to DS once and have no idea where we'd even dock. :hyper:

Also, if for whatever reason you cant get to DS to activate them when you arrive...

We activated ours at MK guest services on our first morning. We were there first thing and it took no time at all. We were still in the hub, with coffees, 30 minutes before RD.

Heres my scenario.
My fam of 5 bought tickets
Going with my inlaws who bought tickets.

Going to fw to pick up magic bands day before we visit the parks.
Do all 7 of us have to go to ds in person to prove residency or can i go solo with the 7 magic bands?

Also, if for whatever reason you cant get to DS to activate them when you arrive...

We activated ours at MK guest services on our first morning. We were there first thing and it took no time at all. We were still in the hub, with coffees, 30 minutes before RD.

What time does guest services open?

:confused3

Then Disney Springs it is! Can you direct me to anywhere in particular we can go to get this done when we disembark the boat? I've only been to DS once and have no idea where we'd even dock. :hyper:
The boat docks in a section of Disney Springs called (get this originality)The Landing ...and you want to head over towards Town Center. Guest Relations in in a separate building directly across from D'Luxe Burgers where you can get the BEST burger, fries & milkshakes!!!

Check out this website if you want a feel for what you might find!
Disney Springs

Appreciate the info as I called WDW and was told I could present my passport at the resort and take care of everything there. Can’t believe I was given such wrong info.

We are arriving late so will need to take care of this when we arrive at HS for rope drop. What kind of wait should I expect? Is guest relations separate from the ticket booth? Would I just go to whichever has the shortest line?

Just a heads up for those going to disney springs to redeem your tickets that there could be a wait. We went during a race weekend and we had over a 90 minute wait. My advice is go there first, they will give you a time to come back so you don't have to wait in line. While you wait, enjoy the shops or have a bite to eat.

Appreciate the info as I called WDW and was told I could present my passport at the resort and take care of everything there. Can’t believe I was given such wrong info.

We are arriving late so will need to take care of this when we arrive at HS for rope drop. What kind of wait should I expect? Is guest relations separate from the ticket booth? Would I just go to whichever has the shortest line?
Just got to whichever line is shortest -- and get there 30 minutes before guest are admitted -- so if it's an EMH and the park opens at 8 get there at 7:30. If it's a regular opening day and park opens at 9 get there around 8:15 or so since there are pre-park opening breakfast reservations that start at 8 -- just check whichever park you are planning on go to that day, see what the opening time is and then compare what time breakfasts are served.

Thank you. Was already plannning to arrive between 8:15 and 8:30 for 9:00 opening to sign up for Jedi training. Hopefully I can take care of validating the tickets while the rest of the family waits in line to enter the park. Will that be ok?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter